TJ09

2010-11-11 - Feature Preview

I just realized that after I posted it, and I was about to go and edit it out of my post. xd.png My brain is fried, I suppose, ahah...

lol, there's just a lot to take in. I certainly made a fool of myself on IRC when I first heard the news... ^^;

How would teleport prevent that? Unless you're relying on giving out the codes from multi-egg clutches... huh.gif

That is how it's affecting them, yes.

I can honestly say that there is no part of this announcement that I don't love. Thank you TJ. It's like Christmas came early for me biggrin.gif

Edited by kitty4761

That is how it's affecting them, yes.

Hmmm... Maybe, then, a suggestion on Teleport... Maybe for holidays the whole 'no AP trading' thing could be lifted, just to let people gift all the eggs from the clutch to the people they promised them to? Then everybody could be happy, right? Or at least more people than there are now...

Hmmm... Maybe, then, a suggestion on Teleport... Maybe for holidays the whole 'no AP trading' thing could be lifted, just to let people gift all the eggs from the clutch to the people they promised them to? Then everybody could be happy, right? Or at least more people than there are now...

Unlikely. Once teleport is in, the AP glitch is going to be closed.

Hmmm...  Maybe, then, a suggestion on Teleport...  Maybe for holidays the whole 'no AP trading' thing could be lifted, just to let people gift all the eggs from the clutch to the people they promised them to?  Then everybody could be happy, right?  Or at least more people than there are now...

Sounds fair to me. Of course, I'm no executive xd.png

EDIT: This is going to be odd to me. In a good way. Slow internet=crap for catching, even with a 0min 0sec auto-refresher on... Teleport will actually let me trade. And better yet, gift. Even to other people like me!

Still... to lift that learned helplessness - it'll take getting used to!

Edited by AlternateMew

Okay, so if you don't have a badge. You could grab four eggs. They hatch. You can now grab four more. You incubate them and they all hatch before your four hatchlings grow up, giving you eight hatchlings. You grab one last batch of four hatchlings.

Giving you twelve total eggs and hatchlings. :3

OOH! Ok, I get it. Kind of like Magistream but on there its no limit of hatchies just eggies.

Mk thanks smile.gif

I know. I'm just trying to think of a way to make more people happy. Perhaps somehow it could be coded to allow you to gift holidays to multiple people? I do think it would be bad if they promised 4 people Holly Dragons and only had the possibility of getting them to one person for sure...

It might be better/easier to allow all eggs from a multi- clutch to be teleported. Holiday dragons are the only ones allowed to have multi -clutches anyway.

Wondering what TJ will do with his ,as he FFA'd them from the IRC last year---( I was about 10 minutes too late*sighs*)

FAQS. of Feature Preview.

Random question and answers.

You can grab so long as grabbing does not make you violate the limit.

If you have no badge, your total limit is 12. If you're "egg-locked" with 4 eggs, adding a hatchling will give you 5 total, which doesn't violate the limit of 12. So you can grab it.

It's a lot more lenient than people think.

Rares will show up in all biomes.

Well, you either have 100 people going for 10 gold eggs (eggs showing up in a single biome) or 500 people going for 50 gold eggs (all biomes simultaneously). The chances are about even either way.

what are the implications of this for the eggs with the shared descriptions?

Similar egg descriptions aren't factored into biome placements at all, just the dragon behavior. So pinks and flamingos are in different biomes.

Is the "badge" description on the first page the trophies on your scroll page?

Yes.

Attempting to pick repeated questions, is making me confused now! rolleyes.gif

It might be better/easier to allow all eggs from a multi- clutch to be teleported. Holiday dragons are the only ones allowed to have multi -clutches anyway.

Wondering what TJ will do with his ,as he FFA'd them from the IRC last year---( I was about 10 minutes too late*sighs*)

I'd support that idea, that would be really nice.

I fail to see how teleport would stop someone from getting a holly if they were promissed one. Eggs can still be gifted with teleport so it's hardly as if they can't get their egg.

You miss my point.

Some people with Hollies promised more than one person because they where under the impression they would get to direct the whole clutch. Not just one egg. I know a few people who promised two people hollies. This means someone will not get theirs and they had already traded ect for that egg.

That is what is upsetting some people.

I can see why.

I promised two people snow angels. It would be upsetting to only be able to fulfill the promise to one person ^^

Edited by Reidragon

Hm, good idea. With the two-per-scroll limit, I can't really see that doing much harm, but a world of good.

I don't understand the whole some people not being able to gift their holly eggs. Can someone explain this in detail? I've read the posts to try and understand but it isn't coming through. I don't mind either way because it's TJ's thing and he can do what he wants. Just want to understand better smile.gif

I don't understand the whole some people not being able to gift their holly eggs. Can someone explain this in detail? I've read the posts to try and understand but it isn't coming through. I don't mind either way because it's TJ's thing and he can do what he wants. Just want to understand better smile.gif

You can't, as far as I'm aware, use Teleport on held eggs. It would be very easy to give out codes for held bred eggs, and abandon them all at once with a select few people refreshing to try and get them. That would be AP trading, which will be disabled once Teleport is enabled.

Using Teleport, someone who promised multiple Holly eggs now find themselves only able to give one Holly to one person and toss others to the AP.

When holiday dragons breed, they often create more than one egg, but the person breeding it can only choose to keep one. The rest are automatically dropped to the AP.

People gifting holidays check the codes of the other eggs first, tell the people that they're gifting to the codes, then pick their egg to "keep". This will be blocked when Teleport comes in, so people will only be able to gift the one they chose.

And I was probably ninja.gif'd, but whatever XP

Ok I get it now smile.gif Thanks guys! I can see why they might be upset but I hope some gracious people decided to breed anyways. I would love to catch a holly egg sad.gif

You miss my point.

Some people with Hollies promised more than one person because they where under the impression they would get to direct the whole clutch. Not just one egg. I know a few people who promised two people hollies. This means someone will not get theirs and they had already traded ect for that egg.

That is what is upsetting some people.

I can see why.

I promised two people snow angels. It would be upsetting to only be able to fulfill the promise to one person ^^

My opinion, don't promise what you can't give. One of my friends promised to give Yulebucks away last Christmas, and they got zero eggs from both dragons. Even with holidays, during their breeding, there is no guarantee that they will produce eggs.

Though if you get multiples, not being able to transfer more than one can be upsetting, yes. So I see both sides. You can't control that they will get the egg with the current AP trading either, though. It is quite possible someone else will grab it first, especially with holiday lag.

blink.gif

Wow...this is gonna be interesting. biggrin.gif I can't wait. Especially for the new egg/hatchling limits.

Ok I get it now smile.gif Thanks guys! I can see why they might be upset but I hope some gracious people decided to breed anyways. I would love to catch a holly egg sad.gif

I highly doubt anyone threatening to not breed won't breed come Christmas breeding season. Knee jerk reactions tend to lead to empty words.

Everyone feel free to stalk my Holly, I'll be leaving the eggs held long enough to warn on the forum of incoming AP Hollies before I KEEP.

Just a question - for the scroll pages - is it still going to be possible to view all dragons on one page?

What would REALLY be cool is ability to organize scrolls.. write in a divider line and have sections for different things.. CB's, special lineage dragons, gifts, holidays, whatever categories people want.

I highly doubt anyone threatening to not breed won't breed come Christmas breeding season. Knee jerk reactions tend to lead to empty words.

Everyone feel free to stalk my Holly, I'll be leaving the eggs held long enough to warn on the forum of incoming AP Hollies before I KEEP.

Even I don't see why people would stop breeding them. I think I'm gonna breed my Yulebuck again this year and probably gift one to a friend and drop the rest as I got 2 already. I just need a Holly and hopefully a Valentin 08 (or was it 09? whichever one was first I didn't think to pick one up) one.

user posted image

After reading all the negativeness tossed about surrounding what are suppose to be our embodiments of the holiday (selflessness, good will and charity) your comment is a refreshing change.

Thank you.

Well, if some of yours (or others) might hit the AP, I will hope it is when I can be on the computer and try. Doubt it, but perhaps this is my year.

Even though I am still sad about my Snow Angels, I will breed them and my Yulebucks for anyone lucky enough to catch the eggs they might offer up.

Thinking about it now, I think I am also looking forward to the Rare/Rare breeding. There have been a few that I wanted to try, and maybe soon I can. smile.gif