Crisis

American Politics

Yay for Obama (: Hopefully these next four years go well then.

Aaaand cue spending the rest of this night being incredibly amused at the entire Tumblr community's reaction to this.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't like Romney, but I liked Obama even less (e.g Obamacare...while I am not agaisnt the idea of national healthcare...I felt he pushed for this at the wrong time, considering we were in the middle of a recession!). In short: I didn't want either of them to win...so I voted third party.

I just hope we (as a country) didn't make a mistake in reelecting him.

Just creeping in here...i'm not American, but i'm glad Obama got reelected. Most of my online friends are American, and I worry for their well being. There is always pros and cons with everyone (Romney having more cons than pros in my honest opinion), but we just all have to live with it. We all hate our current Prime Minister here in Australia (our previous PM is actually preferred according to polls), but we're living with it. I can rest well now knowing that my American friends are happy.

Also...notice how Romney's sign look like a finely toned man's butt?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8zfxq0pAS1qc9wrn.png

Edited by Tazzay

I hope you all have fun watching the US crumble. You'd better start learning Chinese.

What? Are you serious?

The US wont crumble. No reason to say that kind of thing.

If Obama does his second term the way he did his first, it probably will. We'll have to sell the West Coast to China to pay of the debt Obama's built up.

If Obama does his second term the way he did his first, it probably will. We'll have to sell the West Coast to China to pay of the debt Obama's built up.

Obama has helped the unemployment rate drop. Getting people back on their feet and working should be the top priority for now.

Sorry I don't see how Mitt and his trickle down economics is going to help at all.

That was depressing. Another four years of towering debt, the highest unemployment rate since FDR and the depression, crappy health care that I have to pay through the nose for.... *sigh* Oh thank you sheeple.

All I can say is thank God for term limits. Maybe things will finally improve in five years.

I'm just surprised there are people who seriously believe Romney wouldn't be WORSE than Obama.

I, for one, am thoroughly relived that Romney has been kept out of power for another four years. Now I won't have to worry about any other countries emulating Romney's madness to try and stay in Americas good books.

Edited by Haloclimb

I don't understand how anyone could have voted for Romney. He's a snake faced liar. If he made it to office, everyone could kiss their social security and health care goodbye, and women would need to get used to being paid less than men for the same job.

Thank goodness for Obama.

I'm just surprised there are people who seriously believe Romney wouldn't be WORSE than Obama.

I, for one, am thoroughly relived that Romney has been kept out of power for another four years. Now I won't have to worry about any other countries emulating Romney's madness to try and stay in Americas good books.

So you're saying that Obama is still bad but Romney is worse?

I don't understand how anyone could have voted for Romney. He's a snake faced liar. If he made it to office, everyone could kiss their social security and health care goodbye, and women would need to get used to being paid less than men for the same job.

Thank goodness for Obama.

The social security and health care thing is what scared me the most. My father needs that due to the hole in his leg that doesn't heal up and the amount of pain he is in he is unable to work. Without that and the money my mom had to borrow from my grandparents we would have lost our home under Bush. Romney is nothing but Bush all over again. It's just the same thing just different name.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

So you're saying that Obama is still bad but Romney is worse?

All politicians are bad, but Romney is especially so. When a presidential candidate blatantly announces that he doesn't care about 50% of the country, you ignore him and move on to someone else.

I hope you all have fun watching the US crumble. You'd better start learning Chinese.

The US won't crumble, but we need to remember that it's the United States of America, and both parties need to work together to do what's best for it's people, not necessarily what's best for the party. I'm a democrat and voted for Obama, but I'm tired of partisan bickering and politicians who put their party ahead of the people they're supposed to represent.

Obama has helped the unemployment rate drop. Getting people back on their feet and working should be the top priority for now.

Sorry I don't see how Mitt and his trickle down economics is going to help at all.

The only time that that was his priority was that was about September to now. The rest of the time, he was enjoying the White House. I agree that people need to get jobs. I'm not sure our "leader" can do that, though. Unless he can actually do something about the economy that is failing right under his nose.

Historically, from 1948 until 2012, the United States Unemployment Rate averaged 5.8 . Last month it was at 7.9. In January of last year it was up to 9.8 %. How do you figure that Obama has had a positive effect on unemployment?

My roommate has been trying to get a job for the last 3 years and has come up empty handed every time.

Obama promises the world and doesn't deliver a thing. Not that he is different from any other politician, but things have been pitiful and the idea that it's all Bush's fault is stupid. If you can't do anything positive in four years, then you don't need to be in office.

I like how Romeny took historically poor states. It seems that the poor people are tired of being lied to by Obama.

I didn't vote for Romeny; I voted against Obama.

Good to know I don't have to go through the trouble of leaving the US! I was fully prepared to immigrate to Canada if Romney won...

All politicians are bad, but Romney is especially so. When a presidential candidate blatantly announces that he doesn't care about 50% of the country, you ignore him and move on to someone else.

I did not see where he said he didn't care about 50% of the country. May have missed something but that is someone you want to avoid putting into any form of power.

he only time that that was his priority was that was about September to now. The rest of the time, he was enjoying the White House. I agree that people need to get jobs. I'm not sure our "leader" can do that, though. Unless he can actually do something about the economy that is failing right under his nose.

He had to fight with congress and the senate which admitted they was more concerned making him a one term president than anything. How can you do much when you keep getting blocked all the time?

The US won't crumble, but we need to remember that it's the United States of America, and both parties need to work together to do what's best for it's people, not necessarily what's best for the party. I'm a democrat and voted for Obama, but I'm tired of partisan bickering and politicians who put their party ahead of the people they're supposed to represent.

I agree. My father said that Clinton will go down as the best president in history as when he was in office the US progressed the most. (I may have his exact words wrong so forgive me on that). He worked with both sides as I understood it. I was only 2 when he was first elected so I don't know everything but back then nothing was all that bad. I didn't see that much trouble or any political nonsense like we got now.

Historically, from 1948 until 2012, the United States Unemployment Rate averaged 5.8 . Last month it was at 7.9. In January of last year it was up to 9.8 %. How do you figure that Obama has had a positive effect on unemployment?

My roommate has been trying to get a job for the last 3 years and has come up empty handed every time.

Obama promises the world and doesn't deliver a thing. Not that he is different from any other politician, but things have been pitiful and the idea that it's all Bush's fault is stupid. If you can't do anything positive in four years, then you don't need to be in office.

I like how Romeny took historically poor states. It seems that the poor people are tired of being lied to by Obama.

I didn't vote for Romeny; I voted against Obama

He admitted things were going to get worse before they got better. You can't just wave a magic wand and make the recession stop when a new president gets elected.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

He had to fight with congress and the senate which admitted they was more concerned making him a one term president than anything. How can you do much when you keep getting blocked all the time?

Fighting about what? Getting people jobs doesn't involve the Senate and House. It involves supporting people that can create jobs with a stable economy, not giving them a ton of money. If anything requires Senate/House approval, it would be pouring millions into auto companies so you can get people to vote for you. I can see why they wanted Obama as a one-term president.

Fighting about what? Getting people jobs doesn't involve the Senate and House. It involves supporting people that can create jobs with a stable economy, not giving them a ton of money. If anything requires Senate/House approval, it would be pouring millions into auto companies so you can get people to vote for you. I can see why they wanted Obama as a one-term president.

So you'd rather have someone who is going to go back to the same Bush policies that got us into this mess in the first place?

I did not see where he said he didn't care about 50% of the country. May have missed something but that is someone you want to avoid putting into any form of power.

At his private $50,000 a plate dinner.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/18/fu...wealthy-donors/

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/09/ro...draiser-florida

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/18/opinion/...ideo/index.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22...mb-Chicago.html

Quoting from the last article:

'In another secretly filmed video clip, Mr Romney claimed there was no point trying to appeal to Democratic voters because they were ‘freeloaders who don’t pay taxes’.

‘There are 47 per cent who are with Barack Obama, who are dependent upon government, who believe they are victims,’ he said.

‘These are people who pay no income tax. My job is not to worry about those people.’

I don't know about you, but I'd feel pretty worried if a man who outright stated that he didn't care about a majority of the country he's supposed to be representing got in.

Edited by Haloclimb