Crisis

American Politics

No we need a clean reliable source of energy and not a single person is wanting to but the time and effort into finding the solution. No one wants to spend money on it. Coal is the most used source of energy and that will not be here for forever. So why just sit around and wait for it to deplete? Why not find something that is clean and will provide for everyone?

Plus I seen a post around here where only 1 or so companies that was into the solar energy has gone bankrupt. I wish I knew who posted that or what page it was on.

you didn't read my post. i never advocated only increasing production on coal and being happy at that.

i advocated increasing production in the short term to increase revuene gains and shifting those gains to R&D (Research and Developement)

also, who ever posted that was either lacking facts or wasn't posting recent news.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/...-goes-bankrupt/

when Solyndra went belly up, it was the thrid. soon after that 2 more went belly up and another went belly up either this week or last week.

you didn't read my post. i never advocated only increasing production on coal and being happy at that.

i advocated increasing production in the short term to increase revuene gains and shifting those gains to R&D (Research and Developement)

also, who ever posted that was either lacking facts or wasn't posting recent news.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/...-goes-bankrupt/

when Solyndra went belly up, it was the thrid. soon after that 2 more went belly up and another went belly up either this week or last week.

Red I'm sorry but its hard to read through your posts fully. So I give up about half way through and just skim after that.

Either way that is only a few out of how many? Besides that you need resources and money put into those projects. Not something you can just give a bit to and then let them go. It needs money, development, resources things that politicians and anyone with money who is interested in those projects pretty much fail to provide.

While it is true that small buisness owners are getting taxed pretty heavily plenty of big buisness owners are getting away with paying less taxes than the small buisness owners because of tax cuts that only they can access. Heck, Romney got a tax cut for a dancing horse because it was for his "campagn". Seriously Romney is so flip-floppity I don't want to see him within 20 ft of the white house.

and your point. Small Bussiness is still the majority employer in our economy.

you're complaining about the minority while shirking of the majority thats getting shafted.

again, not saying the problem isn't tehre with companies and it doesn't need to be fixed. but not at the already high expense of the small bussiness owner which employs majority of America.

neither candidate seperates the two, the difference is while Romeny does give breaks to the big fat cats that shoudl be taken out back and beaten, the small business also benefits.

Obama OTOH continues to punish both equally. and the small business more so as their companies are 100% in america where those big companies, like GE are semi sheltered over seas and can continue to move overseas away from the punishment.

also, i fail to see how using a legal deduction allowed by him through our lovely tax code = flip flopping.

and your point.  Small Bussiness is still the majority employer in our economy.

you're complaining about the minority while shirking of the majority thats getting shafted.

again, not saying the problem isn't tehre with companies and it doesn't need to be fixed.  but not at the already high expense of the small bussiness owner which employs majority of America.

neither candidate seperates the two, the difference is while Romeny does give breaks to the big fat cats that shoudl be taken out back and beaten, the small business also benefits.

Obama OTOH continues to punish both equally.  and the small business more so as their companies are 100% in america where those big companies, like GE are semi sheltered over seas and can continue to move overseas away from the punishment.

also, i fail to see how using a legal deduction allowed by him through our lovely tax code = flip flopping.

How can a small business expand if all the big corporations are getting all the tax breaks, all the money and all the business? Why should they be able to have tax breaks while the small businesses get taxed more? Should be the other way around.

About the flip flopping thing, how can you support someone who doesn't stand on his policies and uses tax breaks wherever he can? How can you support someone who isn't paying back into the same system he's reaping the benefits from?

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Red, I wish you'd been around for the last month instead of tonight. It's nice to have some alternate view points on the political spectrum that don't involve warmongering. But now, everyone's voted and it's a bit late. It will be what it will be by tomorrow. I am glad I got to go vote and come home to hot chocolate, unlike the people on the East coast whose houses are in pieces.

Red, I wish you'd been around for the last month instead of tonight. It's nice to have some alternate view points on the political spectrum that don't involve warmongering. But now, everyone's voted and it's a bit late. It will be what it will be by tomorrow. I am glad I got to go vote and come home to hot chocolate, unlike the people on the East coast whose houses are in pieces.

I can agree Vhale. It is a nice change to see someone talking about other points. smile.gif

Red I'm sorry but its hard to read through your posts fully. So I give up about half way through and just skim after that.

Either way that is only a few out of how many? Besides that you need resources and money put into those projects. Not something you can just give a bit to and then let them go. It needs money, development, resources things that politicians and anyone with money who is interested in those projects pretty much fail to provide.

i'm sorry to hear that you can't make it through my posts. i get heated and passionate with politics because i care about this country. as a result, it reflects in my posts. i'm not great with english (i blame public education :tongue:) and make alot.png of typing errors cause i look at the keyboard while typing.

you aks where the money comes from. it comes from savings. look at it this way.

we increase our production here at home, give loans or tax free 2 years people who create refinaries here in the USA. the high cost of oil and other fossil fuels inst from retreval, its from the lack of refinaries.

increasing our energy production at home (both in farmign the resources we have and usign our own refinaries) we save alot.png of money via not having to import that fuel from other contries.

it also equates to more jobs in the economy, which means more income tax and capital tax revenue for the gov.

we're not going to use all that fuel ourselves, and other countries will buy it from us (especially clean coal). so more revenue is generated via a new export.

you tax that income generated to the gov and increase our R&D in multple areas. you stop fuding things liek Ethonal or other alternative additives which have a negative effect on prices in other sectors in the economy. this decreases prices and increases spending, cause more revenue for the gov to then re-invest in R&D.

also, like i said, you keep your options open and fund projects so long as the company has a good solid plan and it wont have the same effect as Ethonal did.

you use the capitalistic engine to fuel which companys you fund. the grant goes to the company with the best plan and the cheapest production cost. (the way they currently bid contracting jobs to the gov)

you get where i'm heading with this right?

i'm sorry to hear that you can't make it through my posts. i get heated and passionate with politics because i care about this country. as a result, it reflects in my posts. i'm not great with english (i blame public education :tongue:) and make alot.png of typing errors cause i look at the keyboard while typing.

we increase our production here at home, give loans or tax free 2 years people who create refinaries here in the USA. the high cost of oil and other fossil fuels inst from retreval, its from the lack of refinaries.

increasing our energy production at home (both in farmign the resources we have and usign our own refinaries) we save alot.png of money via not having to import that fuel from other contries.

it also equates to more jobs in the economy, which means more income tax and capital tax revenue for the gov.

we're not going to use all that fuel ourselves, and other countries will buy it from us (especially clean coal). so more revenue is generated via a new export.

you tax that income generated to the gov and increase our R&D in multple areas. you stop fuding things liek Ethonal or other alternative additives which have a negative effect on prices in other sectors in the economy. this decreases prices and increases spending, cause more revenue for the gov to then re-invest in R&D.

also, like i said, you keep your options open and fund projects so long as the company has a good solid plan and it wont have the same effect as Ethonal did.

you use the capitalistic engine to fuel which companys you fund. the grant goes to the company with the best plan and the cheapest production cost. (the way they currently bid contracting jobs to the gov)

It's not that you're passionate about it it's just as you pointed out yourself the grammar. While mine isn't no where near perfect I cringe at typos. I have no idea why I can stand it not having , or . but the spelling is what gets me. -lol- So hopefully I didn't upset you just it's the typos. >_<

Sorta (mind is shot at this point. I'm getting sleepy while typing this >_<) but what gets me really upset with the whole "war on coal" thing is that sooner or later it will run out and hardly anyone is supporting a project to make a easier and cleaner source of energy.

I get so upset when people complain about the price of gas and everything yet if we could find another way to power our vehicles, houses, ect. it wouldn't be so much of an issue. It just drives me insane that with all the technology we have no one wants to try to find a different way to get energy.

(sorry about the horribly slow response errors and I think my net went really slow for a bit too.)

Getting oil here would ruin our environment more than it already is, and oil is also a fossil fuel and is limited. Several countries in Europe actually have big successful green energy plants. We need to follow along, ad sevral windmills per town, give tax breaks for personal solar pannels and we'll be well on our way to energy independence

Polls are almost closed here in California. Can't wait to see which way my state will go this time! ohmy.gif

Getting oil here would ruin our environment more than it already is, and oil is also a fossil fuel and is limited. Several countries in Europe actually have big successful green energy plants. We need to follow along, ad sevral windmills per town, give tax breaks for personal solar pannels and we'll be well on our way to energy independence

I can agree there briartrainer. (is it fine to just call you Briar?)

and also, the only people he wants to make "2nd class citiznes" are illegals who shoudn't be here in the first place and should be deported as their being here is AGAINST THE LAW.

No. He advocates putting Constitutional amendments into place that restrict average-day American citizens from accessing benefits and rights that they are legally obligated to have. Romney said himself that he didn't believe gays "actually had families". His own words. At least Obama has been an active proponent of Gay marriage and rights, and yeah, he's actually done some awesome stuff in regards to them.

And actually, yes, if Romney got into office he could potentially get Roe v. Wade overturned. How? Because he could appoint highly conservative Republicans to the Supreme Court who would be more than happy to mess with it. That is NOT OKAY.

McCain 2008 advisor John Weaver:

Florida will probably go to the president. Truly remarkable.

It's just about over, and Obama is holding his lead in Ohio.

No. He advocates putting Constitutional amendments into place that restrict average-day American citizens from accessing benefits and rights that they are legally obligated to have. Romney said himself that he didn't believe gays "actually had families". His own words. At least Obama has been an active proponent of Gay marriage and rights, and yeah, he's actually done some awesome stuff in regards to them.

And actually, yes, if Romney got into office he could potentially get Roe v. Wade overturned. How? Because he could appoint highly conservative Republicans to the Supreme Court who would be more than happy to mess with it. That is NOT OKAY.

What is the Roe vs Wade thing? I have heard that thrown around but I have no clue about the story.

All right! Now I can sleep peacefully at night. happy.gif

I likely won't...my family (especially my brother) is likely going to go into 'doomsday' mode over this....ugh.

*so hard to be a liberal leaning independant in a heavily conservitive household*

I likely won't...my family (especially my brother) is likely going to go into 'doomsday' mode over this....ugh.

*so hard to be a liberal leaning independant in a heavily conservitive household*

I can understand how you feel in a way. Mines more religion based than political. I can't tell them I don't believe in god or anything like that without any fear of what my mom may do to me. My dad on the other hand I have no clue he doesn't speak about any form of religion unless asked.

Anyway so far they are saying Obama has won. Thank god.

Oh good, now I can actually breathe today! So glad Obama is the projected winner. <3