TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

maybe you could freeze one? It's always my last resort when I get in a spot like that.

turning off images and java didn't help me this time around but I think it was loading faster than if I hadn't. Now to wait to try again>:

if i do that, then i will have 3 hatchies and 1 egg, could i still get one of the new eggs?

Talk about the worse luck. I get 4 of them but only one is actually on my scroll. The rest vanished and I don't know where there are. So now I need to get replacements for the rest. Managed to get one more though.

Just got another so 1 more.

Are you sure the first 3 that disappeared had different codes? I've quick clicked and wound up with multiple tabs of the same egg with the "Get Code" message.

Also people are saying it's just the lag/weird behaviour of the site, Two people click on an egg at the same second, one gets the egg, the other gets the "Get Code" page, just weird crap like that.

I'm using FiOS and I'm getting insane lag. Takes 3 minutes for DragCave to load, every other site on the internet takes 3 seconds. I'm trying to catch a pair for a buddy of mine. He sat for 3 hours trying to catch, I've sat for 3 so far. This is moderately annoying, I've never seen a release with so much lag.

Still trying to catch some for me and my girlfriend, nothing to show for it yet but I'm hoping. I'd ask a catcher for help but as there's TWO of us here... seems like a bit much to ask for!

I do love the hatchling sprite, so hoping I can snag a few for me and her before tonight!

Yes Jord, you'd be able to get three new eggs. You only lock up when you have 4+ of either eggs or hatchies.

Still happy to help people. PM me if you need a catcher.

Ooh, the 2nd stage hatchies are way better looking. Perhaps it will become an Crow/Reaper Dragon. That would be sooo awsome.

if i do that, then i will have 3 hatchies and 1 egg, could i still get one of the new eggs?

Yes, you most definitely can. smile.gif You could catch 3 more eggs if you froze a hatchling.

*happy dance* with the help of mogg, I now have four of the new eggies biggrin.gif I'm so happy! Can't wait for them to hatch!

Are they still dropping? I think so.

Because I haven't seen any in 2 hours due to lag.

Yes - you could catch until you have FOUR eggs in total.

Sorry to all those out there who think I'm HalloWHINING, but this is not okay. I stayed up absurdly late last night and have spent the greater part of this morning and the afternoon staring at my computer screen, and what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Mind you, I'm usually pretty successful at catching special event dragons, but the lag is especially bad this year. I'm so sorry that I don't have the time to sit here waiting for over a minute for the page to load- today is my dad's birthday and I have a cake to make, among other things. I know there are plenty of people on the site who like to collect the dragons but don't have hours to spend trying to click, especially when the majority of that time is spent just waiting for the site to load. Please fix the lag. KTHANKS.

So go to the Halloween gifting threads or DC IRC, both have people with fast connections who are volunteering to catch for you. I'd be doing some catching too, but I leave to go to work in a little bit.

Please fix the lag. KTHANKS.

While I can sympathise with your pains, it is not TJ's fault that the lag is so great. The problem is the sheer number of requests sent to the server, which unfortunately does not have infinite capacity.

I'm surprised it hasn't melted tbh.

Boy, this is disheartening... I'm really close to PMing one of you to catch me a couple...

And what's even more demoralizing is the AP has all of one egg... and there are no eggs on the front page.

Are they still dropping? I think so.

Because I haven't seen any in 2 hours due to lag.

Yes. Hour drops are just extremely... off. The last one was at 2:34 or something.

>< I caught two for my brother, but my selflessness didn't help in my catching... I'm still at a lowly zero...

However on the bright side, I gots a male Zombie!... Sadly named CelestielStar...

I am wondering if TJ has it on an alt schedule so those who can't get in on the top of the hour can still catch. The last one was around x:30- x:50 maybe the next few will be like that then it will go to x:45-x:00 then round again

I only need 1 more then I can influence 2 male and 2 female and hope next year they will mate biggrin.gif

edit: ad now it's back to the top of hour so oh well LOL

Edited by Merenwen

Boy, this is disheartening... I'm really close to PMing one of you to catch me a couple...

And what's even more demoralizing is the AP has all of one egg... and there are no eggs on the front page.

:x I know what you mean.

>:I but I'm determined, I've almost always been able to get my own holiday ones. I think.

._. but shoot I just failed 2 zombie tries.

Holy freaking Lag...I hate that I coudl not have been on last night, stupid band T.T

Really struggling to get an egg on this one. I've usually caught one by now. sad.gif

On another note...did I miss something with the zombie ones?