TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Talk about the worse luck. I get 4 of them but only one is actually on my scroll. The rest vanished and I don't know where there are. So now I need to get replacements for the rest. Managed to get one more though.

Just got another so 1 more.

Edited by OmniLight64

Yay! I finally got myself 1 Egg!

*dances*

I'm happy with at least 1 Egg. As long as I have one, everything will be fine. laugh.gif

Besides, I'm scroll locked now. And there is no way I'm giving up on these Eggs of mine.

I wish you good luck for those who haven't got 1 yet.

I'm off to finish my ToT.

Wow. I have a connection that really you can't beat. I can't even reload a page, any page on the site. This is about the worst refresh delay issue I think I have ever seen during an event. Would increasing the number of available eggs in the cave when the load is like this help?

I have a download speed of 75Mbps, and yet I didn't really notice significant advantages over last Halloween, when I had only around 8Mbps. I feel that over a certain threshold connection speed stops being all that important, because it's not so much that fact that your computer isn't getting the data fast enough, it's that the server can't process your requests.

gah i have 4 matured hatchlings and they wont grow up! ahhh! i really want one of the new holiday ones, so im still quite new to this whole game and just wondering if the mature hatchlings can still grow up with just over 5 days left? Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking this question

I managed to grab three of my four for myself, so I guess if folks still need help I could give it a try. PM me?

Whoo hoo, I actually caught one! =D Now, if I can just get one more, I'll be content...

Thanks for such a great Halloween, TJ and spriters!

~Feathers

I only managed to snag 1. Part of the problem I think is the ads.

This is frakking frustrating. mad.gif

Use an adblocker. I thought everyone did....

just wondering if the mature hatchlings can still grow up with just over 5 days left? Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking this question

No.

They will only grow up once they get down to a bit less than 4 days.

So no one wants to help me? Ah well, understandable.

Hopefully due to this lag, there will be an extended drop.

Will you help me??

I have a slow pc, and I've tried everything! Slow internet, slow pc......

Please, Help? Someone??

gah i have 4 matured hatchlings and they wont grow up! ahhh! i really want one of the new holiday ones, so im still quite new to this whole game and just wondering if the mature hatchlings can still grow up with just over 5 days left? Sorry if this is the wrong place to be asking this question

maybe you could freeze one? It's always my last resort when I get in a spot like that.

turning off images and java didn't help me this time around but I think it was loading faster than if I hadn't. Now to wait to try again>:

Woot, got 4!

I had to sit for an hour straight, clicking like mad whenever I noticed the page load & yes, lag was/is insane. Perserverance is the key unfortunately.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

You guys are going to make me freaking cry. I got my eggs, and I now I want to help out others if they are comfortable with it, just shoot me a PM. Just looking to help out, because seriously it's really sad that so many might not be able to get their eggs. I know I was very distressed last night until I tried the trick mentioned in this thread. ><

Finally got 4 of them! Thank you soooo much for helping me. :'D

There would be NO WAY for me getting them by myself.

@ Rest: I recommend asking catchers, really. o_o

I'm am now happily locked. XD

Someone read who is the spriter for the 1 stage hatchling? I forgot to read it.

*headdesk headdesk headdesk* I guess I should have left it to my hubby from the start. I try every drop for twelve hours and get nothing but an ulcer; he tries for twenty minutes and scroll-locks me with eggs.

Sorry to all those out there who think I'm HalloWHINING, but this is not okay. I stayed up absurdly late last night and have spent the greater part of this morning and the afternoon staring at my computer screen, and what do I have to show for it? Nothing. Mind you, I'm usually pretty successful at catching special event dragons, but the lag is especially bad this year. I'm so sorry that I don't have the time to sit here waiting for over a minute for the page to load- today is my dad's birthday and I have a cake to make, among other things. I know there are plenty of people on the site who like to collect the dragons but don't have hours to spend trying to click, especially when the majority of that time is spent just waiting for the site to load. Please fix the lag. KTHANKS.

YAY I GOT ONE WITH MY CRAPPY INTERNET CONNECTION!

Sorry for the caps, I got carried away.

Thanks for the tips!

I'll try to catch another, but if I can't, it's allright.

Edited by Neo Metal Sonic

TPishek's guide to catching is posted on pages 54 and 123. This is basically the same method I used to catch three for myself, one for my 10 year old nephew and two for a friend with a slow connection. Learn it, live it, love it. It will come in handy at Christmas as well. cool.gif

As far as lag:

2425 users online.

There's your problem right there. The server is having an OMGLOLWTFBBQ right now, and will probably continue to do so. Between the AP being hunted for Pumpkins, the Main Page being bombarded for the Bone dragons, and the ToT treat drops, I'm sure DC is toeing the line with its capacity. I can hear the server straining from here.

It's not all about connection speed. Technique matters too. Keep trying, and light some aromatherapy candles. wink.gif