TJ09

2010-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Who's up for moving out there and renting an apartment or house? We can all catch eggs together.

I agree with Magdalen. Being in California doesn't help biggrin.gif. And I have a fast computer. My lag goes on and on. Even with Java and images off.

Edited by Dragonbox

Quick question: Can vampires become zombies? I wanna make sure before I do the deed.

Someone answered me when I asked the same question, apparently they can be zombified. :3

So I guess the way you lessen the lag is to move to California.  ninja.gif

Wait... isn't TJ in NY? He's two hours ahead of me, at any rate.

Is there a thread to find catchers for this? I've had no luck yet and I'm only going to have a total of maybe two more hours to try if I'm lucky.

Well definitely thankful for the advice to turn off images and javascript. That actually helped out greatly. I at least got three out of four if nothing else. So, I'm happy.

How do you even do that?

Turn off your automatic image loading and javascript in Preferences. Lag was kicking my butt even with images turned off until I turned the javascript off too. Still took me about a hour though. Good luck!

Aim for a middle or left-hand egg, not the right-hand egg. Everyone is on the right-hand egg because that's normally the "newest" one, but because all the eggs are going so fast, you'll do better clicking madly on one of the other two (two of my eggs were middle egg clicks, I got to stare at their codes for at least five minutes each at the load bar of my window because of lag wink.gif).

Where is this even located? I just searched firefox and nada.

Is everyone getting a 1-3 minute lag?

If so, how is anyone catching anything/

I'm getting INSANE lag...

Wait... isn't TJ in NY? He's two hours ahead of me, at any rate.

Oh, right, lol. (I knew it was one of those big democratic states.)

/Dies of lag D:

This is not fun, 5am with a horrible cold trying to catch these eggs through the lag. Tried turning off images, opening eggs into new tabs and everything isn't helping *crys* hopefully the lag dies down a bit later or people start offering to scroll catch xd.png

Edited by whitedragon313711

I agree with Magdalen. Being in California doesn't help biggrin.gif. And I have a fast computer. My lag goes on and on.

Well it's definitely dependent on something, maybe not just the proximity to the server. But catchers are evidence that people are affected less by the lag.

sad.gif either way, still no eggs.

can't catch a single egg... well, looks like I won't be getting one this year since I won't be home later today or monday... guess I'll have to get a bred one.

although, anyone know of a thread to sign up for a catcher? I kinda need the help, the lag is making it way worse than my usual...

but thanks TJ for the eggs! smile.gif

Murrr, my last three kills succeeded, but the reviving part was less fruitful.

I have next year, though~

(The kill message still remains depressing to me.)

Good luck to all the others...

(And back to hunting treats and eggs for me.)

I was frustrated at first but then I finally turned off the Java images and whatnot and waited patiently for the site to load when I got back to the cave and managed to catch 4 eggs smile.gif

There are 404 users viewing this page.

Oh, well, that explains it.

Laaaaaaaggggggg!! I caught two in the first few minutes but my brother and sister-in-law are frustrated as all heck because they haven't been able to even catch one. I try to tell them that this is not their fault due to the lag but they're a bit depressed at their lack of luck. I don't know if the lag will even get better if they go back to bed and get up later. The lagmonster is in full bloom. dry.gif

WOW I managed to snag 1 after 1 hour of trying here at my Aunt's house... and her slow net. LOL

I guess I was just lucky when I got those 3 eggs, because I'm on an old computer.

And also, since TJ has three eggs posted on his "Happy Halloween" post, will there be three different dragons that this egg can turn into?

I hate to be negative, but the lag the last few releases has been noticeably bad. I'll try it again tomorrow, which will hopefully be a bit better if excitement dies down. I'm sure 238428342 refreshes a second doesn't help.

Oh well - interested to see these creatures at any rate.

Why is the lag so bad?

TJ please fix the cave I've been trying for 2 hours and can't catch an egg. sad.gif

WOW I managed to snag 1 after 1 hour of trying here at my Aunt's house... and her slow net. LOL

This is what I was talking about before. Lag or no lag, someone will get every egg.