Qwackie

Cats

I love all cats. From domesticated to big cats.

I like most animals really.

We have 1 15 year old black American short-hair.

Wish I had pictures to show of her. She's been my best friend since pre-school.

I really like cats smile.gif When I'm older, I'd like to get one someday rolleyes.gif

Edited by XiaoChibi

Today I got a horse! biggrin.gif

Heeeeere's Magic!

Profile Full Body

He's a 23 year old Arabian Gelding, a month early 21st birthday gift for me from my mother. He's also my very first horse, and the first animal I've had in almost 2 years. He was broke and trained to be a barrel horse by my instructor years ago, until he was sold to a family who kept him as a trail horse. They're moving down to Florida and gave him back to my instructor, and now he's mine to keep biggrin.gif

Our family has a big, huge Maine Coon mixed cat. He's not mean, but he's aloof and only wants attention when HE comes to you. Unfortunately, he looks like a huge round ball with a cat face and tail, so people find it hard to resist him because he's so damn cute, and he gets more snuggles than he'd prefer, but he tolerates all the attention. lol When someone goes to pick him up for yet another cuddle he gets this long suffering look on his face. xd.png

I've been wanting to get another kitten for some time. Yesterday I went out and about and looked at lots of kittens. The SPCA only had older cats available, and since our boy is already about 3-4 years old, we didn't think bringing an older cat into the house would be a great idea.

I had looked at quite a few kittens, but didn't click with any of them. I was heading home when I decided to stop by the old pet shop I used to work at years ago on a whim. It's a long drive, but I decided to go anyway, and I'm glad I did.

When I got there, I saw that they had two kittens in an awful, dirty cage. I asked to see one of the kittens, and immediately fell head over heels in love with her. I said I would take her. As I was walking up to the register with her, I could hear the other kitten start to really meow in the most pitiful way. I looked back, and the other baby was standing on her hind legs, holding onto the bars of the cage and just wailing away.... My heart almost broke. I melted on the spot. I told the girl to go and get her, and I ended up taking them both home. lol I just couldn't leave her like that, so sad and alone in that awful cage....

Well, it's been a day and both kittens are adjusting very nicely. Our older cat, Fuzz, was NOT pleased when he first caught wind of them. He growled and hissed, even at us, which is something he never does. He looked positively evil yesterday. It was a shock to see him like that, but he's always been a somewhat nervous cat and I knew he'd chill eventually. He never likes anything new. Today Fuzz is much more relaxed and showing some curiousity about the kittens, and has even jumped the barrier to the living room and lays there watching the kittens from a distance, which is good. He doesn't have that angry nervousness about him today, but if the kittens come close he hisses...loudly...and they get the hint and back off, and he chills again. There's no doubt that within a month or so they'll all be buddies, with Fuzz as the dominant cat in the house.

Both girls will be spayed asap. I'm very happy with all three of my fur balls, and I'm really looking forward to a lot of entertainment in the future. I just bought a huge floor to ceiling cat tree from Amazon, and I can't wait to see their reactions. Since they all like to climb, this should be good. xd.png

Today I got a horse! biggrin.gif

Heeeeere's Magic!

Profile Full Body

He's a 23 year old Arabian Gelding, a month early 21st birthday gift for me from my mother. He's also my very first horse, and the first animal I've had in almost 2 years. He was broke and trained to be a barrel horse by my instructor years ago, until he was sold to a family who kept him as a trail horse. They're moving down to Florida and gave him back to my instructor, and now he's mine to keep biggrin.gif

What a beauty! Big congrats! smile.gif I don't have a horse now, but I've owned and ridden horses since I was a kid. I'd like to get another someday. I'm sure you're going to have a lot of great times together!

Edited by MedievalMystic

I loveee cats, I've only had two.

My current cat is a ginger tabby named Daisy.

My old cutie was a black cat named Budz.

cats are great, I love cats.

I have a gray and white kitty I adopted from a shelter, her name's Luna (named after 3 different fictional characters)

I don't know where my post is in this thread, but can we just mention how great calico cats are??

My favourite breed of cat is the SAVANNAH cat! i love them... way to much. Think about how a domesticated large cat is? AWESOME

My favourite non-domesticated cat has to be a clouded leopard.

I love cats

I have two cats, Betty and Buddy.. Betty is some sort of mutt.. we aren't really sure what breed she was. i used to have a russian blue named Grover...she was beautiful but we no longer have her. Betty is black and white with white toes(except for one toe is black) a white bib and some strange markings on her belly.. Buddy is completely black. My mother thought he was a boston, his face is too narrow..

I'm not exactly sure how cats are treated in show biz..

Buddy

user posted image

Betty

user posted image

Edited by IcarusTheDragon

Jumping on the Wagon + Bumping

Here's my One and Only

My little girl Tasha, as a pup. She's a Staffordshire "Staffy" Bull Terrier

(Naw look at her widdle winkles)

user posted image

Here's her currently (Ignore my Purple Polar Bear PJ's)

user posted image

Shes out perfect Pup wub.gif Don't know what I'd do without her.

Here are some pictures of my crazy little Senegal parrot, Loudi <3

Here he is taking a shower.

user posted image

And here he is trying to drink some coke from an empty can laugh.gif

user posted image

And this picture has "scared" a few people, but it just makes me laugh.. So I decided to post it as well.

He looks even more fun on the non-resized version of the picture .. xd.png

user posted image

And if any of you wonder why his plumage is a bit rough(?), it's because he was plucked by his mother when he was little..

So now the feathers aren't growing out properly.. :/

And here are two pictures of my two lovely cockatiels, Rocky and Girlie.

She didn't have a name when we got her, so we just started calling her Girlie.. ^^

I think Rocky looks very cute in the second picture, so I'm posting that too..

user posted image

Okay, now I'm finished.. xd.png

I could died for that cuteness over load of the parrots Spirit_!

They really cute smile.gif

And for all ferret owners out there, recently I became very interested in ferrets (from all your awesome pics) and looking in to getting a few when i move out (well now i am 14, so 6 or so years?)... I really don't mind on the whole only eat meat approach however I am confused which meats are safe to feed them - advise? smile.gif Also any other tips would be great, such as good websites like: Ferret World

My family has too many cats... mostly because a friendly stray had kittens twice before we got her spayed.

All the cats are cute though... they each have their own personalities.

My favorite one is a siamese with white toes named Snowshoe.

He refuses to come inside the house. :c

He will sit at the window and look inside, crying and scratching at the window.

Opening the window is no good, he walks in for a minute, then forgets he even wanted to come inside.

I worry about him getting lost or hit by a car, but he's been fine so far.

In my house, we currently have...A Pappillon named Willy, a Yorkshire Terrier named Daisy, two chinese dwarf hamsters named MayMay and Sophie...Two 7-8 month old female Ocicat mixes named Sabie (aka Saber, mackerel tabby coloration), and Noel (Black with slightly visible tabby markings) which we've had since they were -FOUR WEEKS- old. Yay rescues.

In the not so distant future...There will be a Dragon living with us. And it will be named Ryu if it's a male...Or Teepo if it's a female, maybe. Either Teepo or Nina.. *hugs her Breath of Fire 3 game* (Yes I know Teepo was a guy, but the name sounds girly <3)

Well, it's been a day and both kittens are adjusting very nicely. Our older cat, Fuzz, was NOT pleased when he first caught wind of them. He growled and hissed, even at us, which is something he never does. He looked positively evil yesterday. It was a shock to see him like that, but he's always been a somewhat nervous cat and I knew he'd chill eventually. He never likes anything new. Today Fuzz is much more relaxed and showing some curiousity about the kittens, and has even jumped the barrier to the living room and lays there watching the kittens from a distance, which is good. He doesn't have that angry nervousness about him today, but if the kittens come close he hisses...loudly...and they get the hint and back off, and he chills again. There's no doubt that within a month or so they'll all be buddies, with Fuzz as the dominant cat in the house.

One of our cats has some problems with misplaced aggression as well. He gets very bent out of shape when he's bothered and starts lashing out at anything around him instead of focusing on the thing that made them angry in the first place.

Sonatos, I have a Snowshoe too! Her name is Lyra c:

Speaking of Lyra though, I had another cat a while ago named Maddy. Her pictures are here somewhere, when we first got her a couple years ago. She and Lyra never really got along much- and by that I mean, Lyra was a grouch and didn't want anything to do with Maddy, but Maddy loved her and liked to be in her space. A couple months ago, Maddy got sick suddenly and had to be put down (she was two years old). The first week, Lyra seemed pretty elated to have the house to herself... but now, she never leaves my room. Like ever. All she does is sleep (moreso than usual) and she just acts different.

Cat pros, do you think she's missing Maddy, or does it sound like something else? She's been like this ever since Maddy died. I wear Maddy's collar on my arm like a bracelet and Lyra is always either trying to chew it or rubs her face on it (I dunno if that means anything, though).

Love cats, got four. cool.gif

Big silly boy Matthew, black and white fat monster... biggrin.gif Aged about five or six - the shelter said two, mwhaha!

Enchanting, slick and very unadulterated cat called Paws - she's very good with them, really...

And a ginger/gingerwhite brothers, kittens, adressed as "you Weasley's", full names Áleifr Hvitserk a Ásgeirr Rödeorm, also known as "Double O's", "Them monsters!" and "I!'m going to kill ya if you do that... oh no, you've... stop it!"

Each of the cats we ever had was either found on the street or given to us or taken from the animal shelter...

Should I get a chance, I'd have Russian blue of Norwegian Forest or Savannah... and any Oriental cat, Burmese or Turkish Angora...

We have recently rescued a friendly stray that was hanging around the house, I named him Romeo. We think our neighbor had been inadvertently feeding him(they had an indoor/outdoor cat with a cat flap because he only appeared after they moved out. Anyways, we had him neutered and vaccinated, and though he is still thin from the time before we had him, he is steadily gaining weight and hopefully will be back to ideal soon.

Anyways, he is super friendly, just LOVES to be petted. He also drools, a lot. I have never seen a cat do that before, but if he rubs his face on your hand, it is getting wet, very wet.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture yet. I admit I have hesitated to photograph him yet, because he was so thin, I feared we would be judged by it. Essentially that people would see how thin he is/was without reading my explanation.

Edited by Nectaris

My whole family is cat addicted, so we own 4 in our house---or should i say there are 4 cats owning us and generously let us stay with them?

They're all female: Daisy the oldest (11),black-brown striped, had the mother role for all the others when they entered the family, she loves to nurse everything that's young enough...

Cassy (10),white with grey-black stripe, is quite grumpy and stays in my eldest sons room nearly the whole day long

And our couple of destroyers, the sisters of doom, Lilith and Tifa (both 3, as they are sisters).They use to mess up the house, destroy the furniture, but they are very usefull, because they catch every fly that dares to enter in the blink of an eye. xd.png

We love all of them madly.They are of no specific race.

Edited by milkaq66

My whole family is cat addicted, so we own 4 in our house---or should i say there are 4 cats owning us and generously let us stay with them?

Yes, I guess this is the only correct answer... and also exactly what the warning sign on our door says... tongue.gif

Do you have a favorite breed of cat? Or do you just like any kind of cat at all?

Probably tabby cats. They're very cute. wub.gif

Do you have a favorite non-domestic cat?

Are you talking about the Felidae family? Then that would probably be a lynx. They do look pretty cool.

Why do you like them?

Because they're adorable as kittens. And, they are pretty resourceful.

Do you dislike them? Why?

The only thing I dislike about cats in general is how they bite you. I mean, sometimes I don't do anything to them, and they just sneak up at me. dry.gif

Do you have a cat? Do you wish you had a cat?

I wish I did. No cats since father is allergic to them. I will likely get one once I move out. But I better be prepared for that! xd.png