Awww... Pretty kitty.

I love cats.  I have my Cloud Dancing who is a yellow tiger cat, and Starfire who is a fluffy black kitty.  

Posting my mom's cat, Chihiro, because she is a sweetheart and I took some good photos of her :^) 

Spoiler

DSCN1741.JPG

DSCN1745.JPG

ahh such gorgeous kitties! ♥ 

I especially love Siamese and basically any/all other floofy cats.

Posted (edited)

hubby and younger daughter went to a local animal shelter and picked up Rocky, a black floofy kitty that we plan on fostering... err, "temp fostering" because we want to adopt him once we're able to. (the adoption services are closed because of this covid thing)

Rocky also looks like Blackie~

Rocky - 

Spoiler

C8n2LWX.jpg

Blackie~

Spoiler

RWrguVe.jpg

Edited by trystan

I love all of the cat pictures in here. They are all so beautiful and cute and amazing.

I hope someone can help me with this. I don't have a cat of my own. My room mates have left because of pandemic. They have 3 cats that they had to leave behind. The youngest one is 5 years old. The other 2 are 16 years old. They are all neutered boys. As soon as my roomies left I found the cans of foods and treats that were left here and ordered a ton more food and cat litter more from Amazon and Chewy.

They have dry food, moist food, treats, toys, beds, scratching posts, litter boxes, and little blankets. I couldn't find any medications or vitamins so I don't think they were taking any.  They love to eat canned tuna fish so I have been giving them one can to share once a week in addition to their regular food and treats. I don't know if I can give them more than that or not, or if they should only eat the regular cat food. One of the guys I work with has a cat, it is like his baby, he even named it after himself. He told me NOT to give the canned tuna because of mercury poisoning possibility (I never heard of that before) but instead to cook for them with fish fillets (come on now I told him) and also boiled rice and boiled carrots if they won't eat their regular cat food. I started giving them the tuna when they didn't eat for 2 days and I thought they would starve. And also I always have 2 giant bowls of fresh water for them and I have seen them drinking it many times.

I don't know their veterinarians, but so far they are healthy and the veterinarians here are just open for emergencies only anyway. Okay, so I hope I am doing the right things for them.

I will appreciate any advice please.

Posted (edited)

@StormBirdRising - wow.  all of the cats we've had, we've ever had never needed vitamins. for the last few years of his life, my cat Max had a special diet, and had Miralax with one of his meals, but other than than, medications were for when they were sick.

generally, we've always fed our cats breakfast (between 7 and 9 in the morning) and dinner (5-6 in the evening), and each meal was 1/2 of a can of the moist food - the larger cans that are about the size of a 'regular' tuna can.  as for the tuna, i'd only give my cats the water, and some of the fish as a treat, since i don't make tuna sandwiches all that often.  i've also never needed to give my cats veggies, and i've never cooked for them.  when the cats would be lurking about, looking for some food, we had the dry crunchies as a supplement. the moist food is the best for them.

however, what you might want to do is maybe call the vets anyway, leave a message explaining that it's now just you and the cats and you just wanted to talk to the vets about the cats to confirm what you've been doing.  when i've called the vet with questions, i've left a message with my question at their front desk, and then later that day or the next the vet would call back and i could talk with them.

i'm sure you'll be an awesome interim kitty parent.

Edited by trystan
proofread first, then post.....

Thanks so much. I hope I am a good kitty parent. I'm going to call Frankie's (my service dog) vet next week and leave a msg about these sweet little cats. Good idea.

I don't have a cat myself, but I'm very good friends with one.

We call him Oreo, since he's (mostly) white and black. He's an indoor/outdoor cat from up the street, so we see him a lot when we walk.

He's a bit older, but he's the sweetest thing. He loves getting pets on his head, face, and neck. He loves attention too- if anyone is on the phone or distracted when they pet him, he's not happy. Unfortunately we haven't seen him for a while, he stays inside during winter.

I can't wait until I can pet him again.

If I find any pictures of him, I'll post them.

This is Bibby. He's my little ****head. My fat little boy. He sleeps on my chest at night and drools on my face. Every time I go to the bathroom he sits on the sink and screams at me to open the window. I love him so much.

IMG_20200430_002907644.thumb.jpg.3ae405b6823504ab4336fd8f09008fbe.jpg

aww, Bibby's cute!

(at least he doesn't sit in your pants when you're on the toilet.....)

I just have one cat, her name is Nova! Shes deaf and loves to scream for food but shes a total cuddle bug.

Spoiler

52269967_2183752151747949_8547303210476371968_n.thumb.jpg.61b0e65c96b218d55a47bed46b8c481a.jpg