Qwackie

Cats

I love cats so much. My parents have three, but my husband is allergic, so it's unlikely I'll wind up with any of my own. sad.gif It's just as well, I guess - I really like not having pet hair all over the house since I got married - but few things are cozier than a curled-up cat purring in your lap.

You could always find an inexpensive hypoallergenic kitty.

I have one that was given to me, her former owner died and I LOVE my little goldielocks ( her original name lol) She's a beautiful 6 year old golden and white breed not sure what she is but no allergies. She was orginaly abandoned outside as a little kitten the first owners house( I was living with them at the time). Now she just snuggles up next to me and my yorkie doo coco

Love cats but became allergic four years ago. sad.gif I'm okay with short haired breeds but long haired cats make me wheeze. sad.gif

Hate my allergy as my favourite breed is Maine Coon. So beautiful. So cuddly. sad.gif

The cats that owned my next door neighbour were my friends but they both died last year and the cats that now own my neighbours (fortunately two short hairs) are really shy. They run off as soon as someone gets near them so no kitty friends at the moment. sad.gif

does anyone have a pet brush, that works on both dogs and cats, that they would be willing to swear by

we have 2 large indoor/outdoor dogs and 5 indoor cats that are shedding their summer coats to get ready for winter coats, its getting really bad

4 of the cats were indoor/outdoor cats before we moved last year but we lost our oldest cat the first night here, she ripped open one of the window screens and got out (after that I paid $2000 to have the window screens replaced with cat wire screens), so all cats are now indoor cats

the types of fur are

1 short hair dog (american bulldog)

1 medium thick hair dog (Rottweiler throwback)

1 short hair domestic cat

1 medium hair domestic cat

1 medium hair cow cat (his kind have a name but I cant remember it, they show up in any breed of cat and are always black and white)

1 double coat short hair cat (manx)

1 domestic kitten who looks like he will have medium to medium long hair

I have a kitty. His name is Fluffurnicus. He weighs 35 pounds. He's part maine coon and part Norwegian forest. He's a loser and I love him.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

I love cats and although I'm a bit allergic, I grew up with a lot of them <3

Right now I have two cats:

This is Tyler c:

Before (6 years ago) he's in his basket with a toy potato haha

user posted image

After - this is where he usually sleeps, one of the dining room chairs

user posted image

And here's my other cat, Fudge sitting on my essay

user posted image

Kittiesssssssssss!

Absolutely love them. ^^ Have two of my own, both tuxedoes, one male one female. One was gifted to me after I aided someone in a Bible camp, and the other I rescued from our backyard. smile.gif

Male has a white mark on his lip, and his name is Moonlight. The female is Luna :3

http://imgur.com/a/42R3E

http://imgur.com/a/ttewO

Edited by Sapphire Ryu

I have a kitty. His name is Fluffurnicus. He weighs 35 pounds. He's part maine coon and part Norwegian forest. He's a loser and I love him.

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

He's gorgeous, and quite heavy

He's gorgeous, and quite heavy

Thanks! I will tell him you said that. :P

His heaviness is partly because he's just an enormous cat. He does have a bit of chub, but he's actually just a huge monster.

Thanks! I will tell him you said that. tongue.gif

His heaviness is partly because he's just an enormous cat. He does have a bit of chub, but he's actually just a huge monster.

I have a cat that thrives on being huge!

Kittiesssssssssss!

Absolutely love them. ^^ Have two of my own, both tuxedoes, one male one female. One was gifted to me after I aided someone in a Bible camp, and the other I rescued from our backyard. smile.gif

Male has a white mark on his lip, and his name is Moonlight. The female is Luna :3

http://imgur.com/a/42R3E

http://imgur.com/a/ttewO

Tuxes are gorgeous aren't they~? My little boy is a tuxedo too~

Pretty baby...how old?

He'll be 16 years old in June~

Edited by Dewdropmon

Cute cats everywhere ^^ I have to care for a black kitty for a little week until my friens (it's owner) comes back home. I have to say, instead of doing things who make sense, I've been playing all day with that little cat :3

The cat is sleeping on the clean comforter...before we even put it on the bed*sigh*

Edited by LadyC

We have a purebred British Shorthair, he's 5 years old. We bought him from a breeder and raised him since he was a kitten. I love him. <3

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

This is Gohan. He's 17 and he was born behind my parents' computer desk and filing cabinet. He drools a lot and is missing three teeth. He is the son of my old cat Luna. Luna was perfect in every way, except her lack of immortality. Gohan is pretty cool too.

Edited by Marrionetta

I'm feeling very obsessive over cats right now, so I think I'll post here to vent about them. I love them more than anything and I want to tell the rescue story of my baby (and by baby I mean I AM her mom), Maggie.

It was about three years ago (holy moly she's almost 3???) when my boyfriend texted me and asked if my family was still looking for a kitten. Our cat Nancy had just died at the ripe old age of 22, and our black and white cat, Martin, was extremely lonely and becoming rather wild. On top of that, my childhood best friend Charlie had just passed away earlier that year at the age of 14 (rather old for a Persian), and I was pretty devastated. So he sent me a picture of a co-worker's 3 kittens that they had found in a dumpster. I chose the tabby. I had no idea what illnesses she would have, I didn't know how old she was, I didn't know if she was friendly. I just knew she was female.

I will never forget the day that I went to the Wal-Mart in Madison, GA to pick her up. The family stepped out of the car, and a little girl stepped out with a kitten that could almost fit in the palm of my hand. I fell instantly, head over heels, in love with her. I named her Maggie after my Grandmother, Margaret, who had also died earlier in the year.

Maggie was about 4 weeks old. Her eyes hadn't even started to change color. She had survived on only bugs in a dumpster for god knows how long. Her belly was swollen, and she was so covered with fleas that she could not even sit down because she had to scratch. But she was playful, and she was barely alive, and I was determined to give her a happy, healthy life. I held her close to me on the drive home, her cute, weak little meow melting my heart. We let her live in the garage to start. We started out feeding her kitten chow, she was already litter trained by the previous family, and she ate like crazy. My mother and I bathed her with flea shampoo. We took her in for her shots. SHe seemed completely healthy until the co-worker contacted my boyfriend and informed him that all of her cats (that had been living with Maggie in their home) died from feline leukemia. So she had to run multiple tests, but came out healthy.

The next challenge was introducing her to our other outdoor cat who would bite us and scratch us because of his being wild. This was entirely our fault, but I love him to death. It was instantaneous friendship in them. We feared he would attack her (he's notorious with cat fights. His ears are torn up and he is MASSIVE). However, he would bite her and bop her, but it seemed as if he was training her, because he would never bear down when he bit and he would never bop hard. He would lick her and cuddle her and it was INSTANT. We immediately noticed a change in his temperament. He stopped biting us and would cuddle with me. He is so happy not being alone. They are best friends.

I have never in my life had a more loyal cat. This baby girl knows that she was close to death and that I have given her a life where she is happy and healthy. She will follow me everywhere, she will cuddle with me, and she will talk to me. She'll even groom me if I lay down. And I'm not even the one who feeds her! My father feeds her and puts her up in the barn at night. I always thought cats were loyal to the person who feeds them, but Maggie knows I'm the one who brought her back to life. (and I give her treats).

Pictures:

[Tiny][Fiesty][Loyal]

[buuut she had to grow up sad.gif][but she's still as beautiful as she was when she was a kitten.]

[Martin]

Edit: I have 2 other cats too. Jojo and Lily which are two Tonkinese.

Edited by Earth Gurl

I have a 10-year-old, ginger cat named garfield xd.png (I got him when I was like 7, and I loved Garfield the movie... so that's where he got his name) I found him in drain when he was a kitten, been in love with him ever since. biggrin.gif He sleeps on my bed every night biggrin.gif

I have a 10-year-old, ginger cat named garfield xd.png (I got him when I was like 7, and I loved Garfield the movie... so that's where he got his name) I found him in drain when he was a kitten, been in love with him ever since. biggrin.gif He sleeps on my bed every night biggrin.gif

D'awwnn! That's adorable! My cat was adopted, too, albeit through more conventional means. She's around 14 or 15 now, but I got her when I was around 9 or so and named her Juliet cause I was going through an obsessive romantic/Rom and Jul phase. (I was a weird, nerdy little kid. xd.png)

Edited by m_overdone

We have a purebred British Shorthair, he's 5 years old. We bought him from a breeder and raised him since he was a kitten. I love him. <3

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

He is ADORABLE!! He looks super cute and soft, would love to have a cuddle with him haha laugh.gif

I'm a big cat fan ^^ Grew up with cats all of my life, a home is not a home without a cat! wub.gif

Was just holding my cornsnake, and my cat kept bumping the snake's head with his nose and scaring it.

Now he's lying near the edge of my bed, half-purring.