Qwackie

Cats

I LOVE CATS!

I Have Four:

Butterscotch

Gizmo

Jinx

Shadow Puss

The Sad Thing Is Some Dude In New Zealand, Where I Live, Is Protesting To Have Them Not Live As Cats And Just Keep Them Inside The Home At All Times As THEY Are A Danger To Wild Life. He Is Wrong! Its The Strays Who Have No Home That Are Attacking The Birds. Why? Because They Have No Home And No Food. The Solution Is Not To Keep All Cats Inside It Is To Get The Strays Off The Street. YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOOT ME TO TAKE AWAY MY CATS!

Edited by mugrum

Cats are ok, I guess ...

I have one named Indy, and she is semi-feral, but is really nice.

I currently own a very sleek, shineh black Egyptian Mau. My eldest brother's best friend had called and said that one of his mother's cat had kittens. I was offered one out of the blue, and I'm soo glad I said yes.

That woman is a very good feline breeder, so I was really surprised that she would offer such an expensive cat breed for no charge.

They are one of my favorite breeds, because you really have to revere that raw power and special modification in their anatomy. All that extra skin around their legs allows them to sprint that much wider, and they've been clocked at 30+ miles an hour. Luckily mine is currently a house cat; I'd never be able to catch him!

Personality-wise.. Prince does what Prince wants. He's the Prince of Egypt for all he knows, but I never spoiled him. He managed to spoil himself. >-> I can easily tell him no or growl just under my breath and he will stop immediately, but you've got to be quick to stop him from doing something before he does it. xd.png;

When I was much younger I had a white Persian male, and I grew up with him. As he got older, being around children, namely my new siblings was too much for him. As well, my father hates cats, and used to actually bully Sterling around. >: Eventually he ran away and never came back..

Almost 2 decades later, he is pretty much the same about cats, but he's pretty much fallen in love with Prince so all is well, bahaa. xd.png

I have a female torti colored cat named Eclipse. I guess she's about 10 now.

I really try to keep her inside, cause she's a very proficient hunter(like, present me with multiple dead animals at once kind of killer). My back window recently broke, and I kept just not fixing it, so she was getting out a lot. She got a nest of baby bunnies two weeks ago, needless to say I fixed the darn window after that. The lone survivor went to a local animal rehab center, they told me she's doing well.

I've always had at least one cat in my life since I was born. I feel like being around them makes me happier. My mother told me when I was a baby and crying, our cat Precious would come into my room to make sure I was okay. When I was about 7, I got two kittens named Twinkles, a female tabby and Ardimus, a male general short hair (so I assume?). Twinkles has always been a scaredy cat, always running from people but would always love my mom. Ardimus was my baby. He would always listen to me over my mom or dad and would basically let me do anything to him. He made a nice purring pillow a few times wub.gif This cat made me so happy and when we had to put him down in October 2011, lots of crying happened. Even now I still feel kind of empty without him.

I feel like I'm being pulling into adopting another kitten or cat. I still live with my parents and while my mom also loves cats very much, my dad is deadset against getting any other animal ever. I still have my cat Twinkles but I still feel like I should adopt a cat for my own.

My cat is almost 16 and my mum and I don't want to be without one when she's gone so we're trying to persuade my dad to get another one. My current cat is one we rescued from a shelter and we plan on doing the same again. Also, she is sitting on me. :L

My cat is almost 16 and my mum and I don't want to be without one when she's gone so we're trying to persuade my dad to get another one. My current cat is one we rescued from a shelter and we plan on doing the same again. Also, she is sitting on me. :L

I totally understand this. But if you get a kitten (I tried this with my older cat), the kitten will want to play with your older cat, which will make her last years/however much time she has not as peaceful. You might consider waiting to get another cat when your cat is gone. There are so many at the shelters, and it is lovely that you plan to rescue another. smile.gif My eldest is a rescue, and so is my youngest.

poptartFINALTINY.gif

I totally understand this. But if you get a kitten (I tried this with my older cat), the kitten will want to play with your older cat, which will make her last years/however much time she has not as peaceful. You might consider waiting to get another cat when your cat is gone. There are so many at the shelters, and it is lovely that you plan to rescue another. smile.gif My eldest is a rescue, and so is my youngest.

poptartFINALTINY.gif

This is very true. Introducing another cat of any age to a household can be quite stressful, and that's probably not something you'd want to put your older cat through. I totally understand not wanting to be without a cat in the house (I know in my case the house would seem very empty without a cat in it), but it may be better to wait until you old one has gone first. If you really do want another cat *before* you lose her I'd suggest getting one that's an adult, rather than a kitten, from the shelter.

FYI, about shelter cats, it's the black ones that spend the longest time there. They're obviously not as 'flashy' as the ones with patterns, and they tend to be the most difficult to home.

poptartFINALTINY.gif

Yeah, that's what I meant. She's too old and extremely protective of us and her 'territory' for us to even consider getting another cat right now. We won't get a kitten though because my parents work full time and I'm busy with my A levels so we'd end up coming home to chewed curtains and clawed sofas. We also wouldn't have enough time to play with him/her so we'll get a cat at around 1-2 years old.

Yeah, that's what I meant. She's too old and extremely protective of us and her 'territory' for us to even consider getting another cat right now. We won't get a kitten though because my parents work full time and I'm busy with my A levels so we'd end up coming home to chewed curtains and clawed sofas. We also wouldn't have enough time to play with him/her so we'll get a cat at around 1-2 years old.

Keep in mind that even if you get an adult, you can't be sure that it will behave in any one way. Plenty of adult cats still scratch up the furniture, and my cat is almost four and he has more than enough energy to go around. He chases other cats about whether they like it or not.

I have two kitties happy.gif

An orange and grey tortishell, Sterling

And a grey tabby Pickles.

Keep in mind that even if you get an adult, you can't be sure that it will behave in any one way. Plenty of adult cats still scratch up the furniture, and my cat is almost four and he has more than enough energy to go around. He chases other cats about whether they like it or not.

It may be easier to choose an adult cat which won't do those things, though, of course, even an adult cat can start misbehaving at any point.

I have one big hairball of a cat. His coat is so long, thick and soft, and he's got this huge plume tail that waves around. I know he's got Maine Coon in him, but I'm not sure what else. I'd love to get another cat, an Exotic Shorthair:

user posted image

They have the flat faces of Persians, which I love, and thick coats, but much shorter. I'd love to have one, but I'm not ready quite yet. Maybe some day down the road. smile.gif

This is my little prince Oliver, 9 years old

user posted image

Here is my beautiful queen Fiona, she rules the house, lol...10 years old

user posted image

AND....our newest little baby, Boo. He is only 3 months old. He was ALMOST named "Ricochet" for a good reason, lol.

user posted image

Your cats are so cute, Riverwillows!

"Our" Maine Coon is really matted. He belongs to the next-door neighbors, but always hangs out at our house. (Outdoor cat)

Edited by Spelunker

Your cats are so cute, Riverwillows!

^This all the way wub.gif

My mom wouldn't let me have a cat; she thinks I'm allergic >.<" They're so cute though!!

user posted image

My 3y/o's Tyger. He's much bigger now though dry.gif... Yep, he does have a striped brindle pattern. <3 We got him at the shelter when he was only a few weeks old, just in time for xmas.

and a couple more cuz he's just too adorable xd.png...

leash training went well

a leetle (sick) baby <3

Took him to 4 different vets in the first week and only one was able to get a PROPER diagnosis on him without trying to just run every test imaginable. The last vet I'm sticking with is amazing, treated the dog within 5 minutes of looking at him, leetle baby was doing better in 4 hours. Was a close one, silly pup went through a lot that first week. I'll give him credit for being one tough cookie though. Can't wait to get him neutered though LOL.

Two new members of the family!

user posted image

Thor the hooded rat, and Loki the berkshire rat. You can only see Loki's head, squinting at the flash. laugh.gif

Oh squeeeeeeeeee! More rats! There's no such thing as too many pet rats :3

And they fight? Sibling love for you. My two do that too. <3 I think Taji's got herself in a position above Zuri. She wins nearly all squabbles.

The dark-eyed white fellow there just passed away yesterday. His brother(the champagne point that you can see poking out from under him) passed away a few months ago and he's been lethargic ever since despite having no sign of any actual health problem(according to the only ferret vet in my region). He had a massive seizure yesterday and was gone before we could get him to the vet. I gave him supportive care on the way but it wasn't enough. :|

As much as I have loved having ferrets in my life, I don't think I'm going to have another one any time soon. I honestly hadn't wanted to take in the brothers at the time, but they would have ended up in a shelter otherwise and this area is NOT kind to ferrets. Most of them end up euthanized within hours of arriving at a shelter. I had just lost my first ferret to juvenile lymphoma a few weeks prior to adopting the brothers from their previous owner. I did grow to love them as they helped me get over my grief, but I don't think I am ready for ferrets again right now with my physical health in decline. Maybe a cat, but no more ferrets. They're too good at squeezing into tight spots. Heh.

Edited by keijaidyyn

I love pretty much every animal in the feline family, except for the sphinx, because I has no fur.( I also find it ironic that my name is Kat/Cat)

I love Siam Turkian(the one who like water) and Russian cats as breed, but my favourite cat was a non-breed whole black cat that I picked up from street and I used to have it (he looked like a panther).