Qwackie

Cats

I have a Doberman Pincer.

And I've had.

A hamster.

A snake (which is why I don't have a hamster any more)

A cat (which is why I don't have the snake any more)

And my current dog, (yes, which is why I don't have a cat any more)

How did your dog get rid of your cat?

He snapped her spine.

Edited by Ælex

Currently we have two cats, three snakes and a skink. Here are our cats, the reptiles are posted in the exotic pets thread:

Snowbells (it was her name prior to us 'obtaining' her), though she gets called Bibbles now.

Linked due to size ~ Linked due to size

Bibbles has a lovely temperament, loves attention and will let you know about it if she doesn't get enough. She sleeps just about anywhere, but has a preference for mink blankets. To me she seems to be the type of cat that likes to survey the area; she often spends hours sitting atop the cat gym gazing out at the patio and yard through the glass door. She is an indoor cat, and only gets allowed outside if she's on a harness. Yes, she does walk around with a harness, though I doubt we'd be able to take her anywhere near the road (like you would walk a dog on the footpath) as she scares easily. Her temperament has massively improved after getting her spayed last July, and she's no longer meowing down the house (unless I disappear from sight, odd cat). She is a domestic shorthair or moggie.

Cookie:

Linked due to size

Cookie is a bit of a grump but can be a real sweetheart if he's in the mood. He barely tolerates me most of the time, but he's usually all growl and no bite. He does get allowed outside, because he wrecks the door otherwise (the flyscreen is damaged to the point where Bibbles has frequent escape attempts, all fail though). I have no idea what type of cat he is (he is my mothers boyfriend's cat), only that he has some health issues that require special food to avoid complications.

He snapped her spine.

Awww poor thing! What awful dog was it???

I myself have a cute tortoiseshell cat! She is asorable and petrified of strangers!

Awww poor thing! What awful dog was it???

My current dog, Spike.

He's my guard dog, and he tends to keep alley cats out of my yard pretty well.

Ofcourse, sometimes they don't manage to get away.

That's when I draw spike a bath to clean off the blood, then go get a shovel and a shoe box.

So far, 5 alley cats.

My current dog, Spike.

He's my guard dog, and he tends to keep alley cats out of my yard pretty well.

Ofcourse, sometimes they don't manage to get away.

That's when I draw spike a bath to clean off the blood, then go get a shovel and a shoe box.

So far, 5 alley cats.

Dude, you need to get a handle on your dog. That shouldn't be happening. :/

Some of you guys may find this interesting. The BBC has helped some scientists studying feline behaviour to spend a week tracking the movements of 50 cats living in the same village (the link focuses on 10 of them). Pretty interesting stuff. If you can get at the BBC iPlayer to watch the full Horizon episode it's well worth it. Probably quite an eye-opener for those of you in the US where it's not common for cats to go out (although, certainly in this sample, it seems most cats in the UK don't choose to go out much, and don't go far when they do - something I can back up from observation of my own cat!).

i love cats!!

they are so cute and make awesome companions indeed!

^w^

we currently have 2 cats on my family

she is my young brother's cat

her name is Excel (we call her gata [female cat on spanish] just because it's easyer X3 )

user posted image

and this is my lovely cat!

his name is Sir Ramses Falafel lo-falafel gatito Tercero

(we call him Falafel only xd.png but i liked the idea of putting a very long name to him X3 )

here is an old pic of him when he was younger:

user posted image

he is veeeeerryyyy lazy, at the point that he stares at you and meows you untill you get him on top of his favorite box - chair (he only does it if you are looking at him X3 )

this is what he does everyday

(ignore my dad's leg)

user posted image

X3

he wakes me up every week day when my brother lefts to school and no one else is at home, he comes to my bed and headbumps and meows at me untill i wake up, he continues doing so untill i am all dressed up X3 (and preparing his food)

-

i had many cats and kittens during my life, but i was never been abled to raise them until they became old, im not sure why, but they all dissapeared or got ill and things like that.

Falafel is probably the strongest cat i've had ^^

[please dont think i'm weird or crazy but..] i think cats have some special "skills" like, they help to armonize a home, and sometimes even vanish the bad mood, or "energy" ^^

one night i was having a very bad astma attack, and he came to my bedroom and sat over me for a while, then i got better very fast and at the other day, i woke up and found him sick, and in a horrible pain on the bathroom floor, i was so afraid that he was going to die :c

but at the other day, he was healthy! and active and i was too!

you dont have an idea of how much i love this cat, doesnt mind how lazy he might be or what he does, he is probably my favorite cat of all the ones i've had ^^ <3

-

i must say all your cats and kittens are so cute ! ^W^ <3

- / -

please forgive my typos (i know they are many ;-; ), i can't see wich words i mispelled since i have the corrector for spanish words only, and i am self teaching myself english too ^^' <3

- / -

Edited by rhunen

So many adorable cats!

This is how our cat Bibbles sits sometimes, her actual name is Snowbells, but nobody calls her that!

user posted image

A more recent photo, something behind me piqued her attention, I thought it was a cute/funny shot.

user posted image

We had five cats at one point; all mixed breeds and very sweet.

Sadie (my mom's cat, and mother to Khail, Kira and Lily)

Khail (my brother's cat)

Kira (also my mom's cat)

Lily (my cat <3)

Simon (my cat as well, I guess, since I rescued him)

Dude, you need to get a handle on your dog. That shouldn't be happening. :/

This. ^ If your dog ever happens to kill someone's pet you could get sued. Or they may report your dog as vicious. You will be held liable if that should happen.

Here are some pictures of my crazy little Senegal parrot, Loudi <3

Here he is taking a shower.

user posted image

And here he is trying to drink some coke from an empty can laugh.gif

user posted image

And this picture has "scared" a few people, but it just makes me laugh.. So I decided to post it as well.

He looks even more fun on the non-resized version of the picture .. xd.png

user posted image

And if any of you wonder why his plumage is a bit rough(?), it's because he was plucked by his mother when he was little..

So now the feathers aren't growing out properly.. :/

And here are two pictures of my two lovely cockatiels, Rocky and Girlie.

She didn't have a name when we got her, so we just started calling her Girlie.. ^^

I think Rocky looks very cute in the second picture, so I'm posting that too..

user posted image

Okay, now I'm finished.. xd.png

My mum doesn't let me have a cat because she doesn't like it when they scratch the furniture.

user posted image

This is my cat Sugar Bear with a box on his head. He loves boxes, so if they're too small for him to sit in, he flips them over and shoves his head underneath them.

I had a cat once. His name was Boo-Boo. He was a ninja. He liked to pick fights with raccoons.

My grandparents now have a calico named Gypsy. She recently had four kittens! Yesterday, a little black kitten showed up at my grandparent's house. He was injured, so they took him in. He's the same age as the kittens, and they got along, but Gypsy wanted no part in it. The kitten looks like Boo-Boo, just a darker color, and since Boo-Boo used to come home injured often, I named the kitten after him.

Boo-Boo lived to be very old. We had to put him down a little more than a year ago. I still get sad sometimes when I think about him. He was my first birthday present.

omg CATS !

yes yes yes.

must post mine

>:0

ok here's cazhmere--

user posted image

my mom's freaking gorgeous 7 year-old male himalayan

& here's kiwi--

user posted image

we're not really sure WHAT she is

but she's still a luff<3

my mom thinks she's a maine coon, but there are a few major differences.

and what's really weird is that the breeder said she was tabby/tortie.

which makes sense since her sisters are well.. a tabby, and a tortie.

BUT IT'S SO WEIRD.

she's such a mix. x]

and she has traces of breeds other than those two as well.

I love cats! My neighbor has 12, and somehow she keeps them all in over-perfect condition. I want a serengeti someday.

I love all cats, I prefer the domestic short-hairs only because I'm slightly allergic to the longer haired cats. I own a set of twins that are three years old named Izabel and Alexzander who are black with white tipped tails. Izabel usually stays right by me whenever she can while Alexzander hangs around whomever he feels isn't going to move him from their lap.

Edited by MelKiki208

Here are my kitties.

The Old Man, Simba (16 years old)

user posted image

The Bullycat, Joy (6 years)

user posted image

The Lovebug, Solstice (around 5 or 6)

user posted image

The Three of Them Working Together to Keep Me from Turning Over

user posted image

Here are my kitties.

The Old Man, Simba (16 years old)

user posted image

Omg, your Simba looks so much like my Kiwi! ^o^ Except it looks like he has a bit more blurred-tortie in him, haha. <3 But still awesome.

I wouldn't say he has any tortie in him honestly. He's brown tabby on top with a cream underbelly (and grey mouth area and legs from age). He's such a sweetheart. Takes all the love you want to give him, loves blanketed laps and this is his favorite place to sleep in the whole world...

user posted image

Here's a good shot of his his belly (yes, he actually allowed my daughter to hold him like that until I got the picture taken and then he left)

user posted image

Here's his tabby side a little better. biggrin.gif

user posted image

Edited by SanguineWolf