Qwackie

Cats

I'm a dog person, but my little sister has a black and white european shorthair who likes to haunt my bathroom, hide under carpets and attack my dog, and stare at my brother's fishtank. Besides being annoying at times, (one she pooped on my floor next to my bed... I woke up in the morning and stepped in it), she's adorable and I like cats in general.

I ABSOLUTELY adore cats! I have my cute little kitty Tiger! she is ADORABLE I can't get a pic of her yet tongue.gif so that sucks!

I attached a piece of chicken to this branch with thread on it and it was hilarious! I didn't tease her I easily let her get it xd.png but just tugging it when she got too close. xd.png adorable she be! Also attached a styrofoam ball to it and we had 20 minutes of fun biggrin.gif

I have a cat named Daisy. She's a Short Haired Tabby and I love her to bits <3

When I was younger we had a Black cat named Buddy.

I couldn't live without pets. Period. I could never live in a place that didn't allow them. For me, they're a necessity. <3

I love my big hairball of a cat. <3 I don't know exactly what breed he is, but I know he's got Maine Coon in him. His fur is so thick and long, and very silky soft. Thank God he loves to be groomed and brushed! He'll roll onto his back and let me brush his belly and it's one of the few times we really get to hear him purr. My boy is one of those snooty, aloof cats that look down their noses at you. lol He's fully convinced that we were created to wait on him hand and foot. I call him my little Prince, but his name is Fuzz. He likes being under the covers for some reason. And it never fails, right after I make the bed, he has to burrow his way under there and roll around and there goes the bed. But with him, anything...well, almost...is forgivable.

We also have a little mutt, a small, fluffy puff ball called Reba. She's fully convinced that she's a great dane. xd.png I just had her groomed yesterday and she came back so soft and so white! Unfortunately, she hates being groomed. Poor girl. It's a necessary evil.

I'd love to get another horse some day. A Friesian. (In my dreams) I miss riding. Also, some Silkie chickens. And another cat. Someday. smile.gif

Edit: Isstiautng, your pets are gorgeous! I envy you your stick insects! I've always wanted one of those! So cool!

Edited by MedievalMystic

I have two cats, one crazy Siamese and one regular domestic cat who has anxiety problems but gets along o.k despite that.

Someday I'd like to have a dog, possibly a Black Lab mix.

I've had pets literally my whole life. My first pet was a wild grey kitten named Gravy... I was four year old. It... didn't last long, what with the whole house-next-to-the-road and all.

There are 3-4 dogs at home. We don't have cats due to the smell and how much they would aggravate poor Molly.

We have Molly, a 15 year old mutt who is possibly the most intelligent life form in this universe, Mercedes, a 5 year old terrier mix and mole assassin, and Rocco, a beagle/coon hound mix with the attention span of a rodent.

A stray dog we call Snowball comes over a lot, a Great Pyrenees/ Shepherd mix. He's the goofiest, friendliest, sweetest overgrown puppy ever~

I couldn't live without pets. Period. I could never live in a place that didn't allow them. For me, they're a necessity. <3

I love my big hairball of a cat. <3 I don't know exactly what breed he is, but I know he's got Maine Coon in him. His fur is so thick and long, and very silky soft. Thank God he loves to be groomed and brushed! He'll roll onto his back and let me brush his belly and it's one of the few times we really get to hear him purr. My boy is one of those snooty, aloof cats that look down their noses at you. lol He's fully convinced that we were created to wait on him hand and foot. I call him my little Prince, but his name is Fuzz. He likes being under the covers for some reason. And it never fails, right after I make the bed, he has to burrow his way under there and roll around and there goes the bed. But with him, anything...well, almost...is forgivable.

We also have a little mutt, a small, fluffy puff ball called Reba. She's fully convinced that she's a great dane. xd.png I just had her groomed yesterday and she came back so soft and so white! Unfortunately, she hates being groomed. Poor girl. It's a necessary evil.

I'd love to get another horse some day. A Friesian. (In my dreams) I miss riding. Also, some Silkie chickens. And another cat. Someday. smile.gif

Edit: Isstiautng, your pets are gorgeous! I envy you your stick insects! I've always wanted one of those! So cool!

SILKIE CHICKENSSS! O3O

And Maine Coons are so fluffy... (I'm gonna die....)

I have three female beta fish, and 2 cats (Peaches & Cream). Currently I only have photographs of the cats.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

My boyfriend has an elderly Dachshund (of the black-and-tan variety) named Stevie (after Stevie Nicks) and two cats, Tanner and Silvia. Tanner thinks he's a dog, and Silvia is a contortion artist Silver Bengal.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

EDIT: My only picture of Stevie, with Peaches (my cat) and Silvia (my boyfriend's cat):

user posted image

Edited by SolarCat

I have two kitties! Grandfather and granddaughter, born out of a sort of oops the boy cat got out before he was neutered accident >_< I love them both very much though <3

I have a Great Dane. I don't know what I'd do without her...

I think one of the reasons I love her so much is that she's honest, for the most part. She doesn't pretend she's a lap dog, or is territorial, or intimidating, or a human. It's not that she's a wuss; she just accepts her lazy nature tongue.gif She's only embarassed that she plays with dog toys :R

Another reason I love her is that the two of us communicate well. She doesn't need to understand English; we can read each other's body posture and we'll work to fluster my sister--if I want her to disobey every one of my sister's commands, she will, and she always seems amused after my sister gives up and asks me to give her an order--which she always obeys. And we seem to both take a disliking to our next-door neighbor, who is well-liked by the rest of the entire neighborhood. I nearly burst into laughter when she was placidly sitting on the lawn, leash in my father's hand, when the neighbor came up, reached out his hand to her so she could sniff it, then tried to pet her. In less than a second, she turned her head and bit his hand just enough to draw blood. It was clear she meant the bite as a warning and not as a real attack; to a Great Dane a human hand is about as hard to completely bite through as a carrot.

Ironically, the third reason I love her is that she's gentle and sweet most of the time. Unarmed, she could easily kill my entire family, but she has never used force against any of us. Even the incident with the neighbor wasn't serious; if she wanted to be aggressive she could injure him pretty badly. And that's the only time she's been like that--she is the sweetest thing with everyone else.

Pictures:

http://i47.tinypic.com/iolqht.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/5ydsic.jpg

~Linked for size~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Well guys, you are the closest place where I can look for help.

I have a small dog, and in the evening we let him out of the house to keep some animals away. This morning, he returned with broken teeth and his lower jaw is out of place. It looks broken to me. And I think somebody kicked him really well. Anyways, we'll take him to the vet in a couple of hours (four to be exact) when my mom get's home with her car. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help him and make him comfortable in the meantime? I would post pics for you to see the problem, but even when he's in a top notch condition he doesn't like camera.

Well guys, you are the closest place where I can look for help.

I have a small dog, and in the evening we let him out of the house to keep some animals away. This morning, he returned with broken teeth and his lower jaw is out of place. It looks broken to me. And I think somebody kicked him really well. Anyways, we'll take him to the vet in a couple of hours (four to be exact) when my mom get's home with her car. Does anyone have any ideas on how to help him and make him comfortable in the meantime? I would post pics for you to see the problem, but even when he's in a top notch condition he doesn't like camera.

I, unfortunately, have no solutions to offer, but I just had to post to let you know I'm sending good thoughts your way. Poor thing. I hope his recovery is speedy. <3

I have three wonderful kitties. One is a Siamese, one is an all-white rescued kitty, and the other one was also rescued: he is a Golden Tabby. I wuv them. tongue.gif

I, unfortunately, have no solutions to offer, but I just had to post to let you know I'm sending good thoughts your way. Poor thing. I hope his recovery is speedy. <3

Thanks Sock! We just got back from the vet. Three injections (for pain, vitamins and tetanus). Little boy's got a broken jaw. We don't have enough for surgery, so he's going to wear some battle scars. The only thing that does matter is that he'll be able to eat in a couple of days. Right now, we'll just have to try and give him the softest food possible.

Anyways, here's a couple of pictures from his cute age biggrin.gif From now on, he is a badass.

ETA: Vet agrees that he was kicked. My dad thinks it was his brother that did it. Just one more reason not to talk with them.

Edited by PointOfOrigin

Thanks Sock! We just got back from the vet. Three injections (for pain, vitamins and tetanus). Little boy's got a broken jaw. We don't have enough for surgery, so he's going to wear some battle scars. The only thing that does matter is that he'll be able to eat in a couple of days. Right now, we'll just have to try and give him the softest food possible.

Anyways, here's a couple of pictures from his cute age biggrin.gif From now on, he is a badass.

ETA: Vet agrees that he was kicked. My dad thinks it was his brother that did it. Just one more reason not to talk with them.

I'm so sorry your poor dog had that happen. sad.gif People are horrible sometimes. Did you discuss the possibility of a payment plan for surgery? I'm guessing the vet didn't deem it necessary, which is good news, but for future a lot of vets will usually work something out with their client--they care about animals' welfare.

Either way, sending good thoughts towards a speedy recovery. He's lucky to have an owner who cares so much about him--scarred or not. smile.gif

Both of my parents don't work. My dad didn't even want to take him to the vet because he was scared that we wouldn't have enough money. If this happened during the summer we would have probably thought of something, but right now it's impossible.

No, he didn't deem it necessary but he really couldn't have taken that much of a good look. Medi was in such pain that he only allowed me to touch him.

I'm just glad that we didn't have to put him down. If it came to a choice between surgery and euthanasion, my parents would have opted for a cheaper solution.

Aww, that is an adorable little pups!

That's awful that anybody, much less, supposed family would have done that. =\

Two new members of the family!

user posted image

Thor the hooded rat, and Loki the berkshire rat. You can only see Loki's head, squinting at the flash. laugh.gif