Qwackie

Cats

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hpho...334195888_o.jpg ~Linked for size~

God that's huge. O_O

Anyway, this is our big, fat cat Fuzz. He's my baby. And really, he only likes me. lol He tolerates my sons. He has to be groomed every single day or the cat hair in the house is out of control. rolleyes.gif

Our other cats, our female, Wisp and her brother, Willy, aka 'Meatloaf' with his paw on top of her head.

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...622289943_o.jpg ~Linked for size~

Lawd, sorry for these huge images. >_< I'd make them smaller if I knew how. sad.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

^

|

|

Your cats are adorable! Yes, I am a cat person. I have one of my own, Nemo, Russian Blue. Too bad I don't have a pic of him to show you guys. He's a pretty good mouser though, I have to say.

I had a cat when I was a little kid, unfortunately it was a very nasty piece of work. It destroyed most of our furniture and pissed all over the place, despite having access to a scratching toy and a litter box. We did try to train it, but it was just not willing to learn, I guess. In the end, it ended up scratching me across the arm when I was but a wee fern, and I had to get stitches. That was the moment that my dad decided to give it the boot.

I have no recollection of tormenting the poor animal, but then, that was very long ago.

Needless to say, the scar on my arm is now one of the reasons I am a dog person at heart.

I had a cat when I was a little kid, unfortunately it was a very nasty piece of work. It destroyed most of our furniture and pissed all over the place, despite having access to a scratching toy and a litter box. We did try to train it, but it was just not willing to learn, I guess. In the end, it ended up scratching me across the arm when I was but a wee fern, and I had to get stitches. That was the moment that my dad decided to give it the boot.

I have no recollection of tormenting the poor animal, but then, that was very long ago.

Needless to say, the scar on my arm is now one of the reasons I am a dog person at heart.

That's understandable. sad.gif

I've always been a dog person, but my husband got me a kitten for Christmas, and now I'm in love lol. She's a gorgeous little four month old tortie with green eyes. She was the shyest little thing when we brought her home. We had to get her out from underneath the refrigerator, then she spent the rest of the day under the sofa. She's my little buddy now though. Spends hours in my lap. She purrs loud and long though. Even when she looks grumpy. I think she's confused laugh.gif

Swooning over the photos in this thread and almost forgot to post.

We have three cats in our home right now, but Spock aka "Mimi" (my nephews got to name her, thinking the kitten was a boy) has been my go-to partner in crime for the past 5 years.

https://i.imgur.com/oI2AlBV.jpg

This cross-eyed, fur-projecting little ball of fury hates everything that isn't me, and only tolerates the other members of the household. She's getting much more mellow with age, however, and I will catch her cuddling up with the other cats every now and then. She's also one of the few cats I've encountered that was easy to train. At this point she'll sit, stand, high-five, and even roll over with just hand signals.

I have 3 cats. Copper Ember an Elvis. Copper and ember are brothers an I go them for Christmas in 2013. I've ad Elvis since 2006. I found him as a start in a forest in Alabama when he was 6 weeks old. He had Ben left behind. He weighed a pound and a half and could fit in the palm of you hand. I was only about 2 at the time but my dad told me the story and I sort of remember it for myself. Now he is 8 years old and fat.

Oh my gosh. Cats. I love them. I have three and it's hard to imagine my life without them. I have Whiskers, a female tuxedo (with a perfect cat-woman mask face)

Taz, her brother from a younger litter who is a Yellow Tabby.

and Spunky, a boy Tuxedo with the perfect look. Mustache, white gloves, little black boe-tie mark, and white tummy.

Whiskers believes she's the queen. She'll be very lovey-dovey, but do one thing she doesn't like and she'll let you know it with a slap. Sometime with claws, sometimes without. Her claws are razor sharp and she keeps them in good shape. >~0;

Taz, well you've seen the energy that the Looney Tunes character has, right? Let's just say I gave him that name for a reason. That cat will get into anything and everything he can. And he has the strangest habits. For example. He sometimes likes to hop like a bunny. (seriously, it's gut-busting. xd.png) He also likes to jump up on the sink and drink whatever water has collected in the dishes. Sometimes we'll fill a cup of water from the tap and set it in there for him and when he's done drinking he'll cover it up with a wash cloth. Sometimes when I don't want to do that for him he'll meow and talk back to me before jumping on my back and kneeding my shoulder. He keeps his claws in and it actually makes for a nice massage. After that I get pulled in by that and his big kitten eyes and give him the water.

then there's Spunky. H'oh boy. He's spoiled rotten. But he kinda deserves it. He almost didn't make it as a kitten. He only has one eye and because of that we got his front claws removed so he wouldn't damage the stitches. Does he miss his eye? I doubt it. He's totally fine and to be honest I wouldn't want him any other way. He has an attitude and it's clear his name also perfectly suits him. He also has a list of nicknames. I like to call him Spunky Bunk or Punky, Dad calls him Fat Rat. Sure, he's over 16 pounds, but again he deserves to be spoiled. He doesn't wolf down all the food, he's just healthy. He's such a sweetheart when he wants to be. His motor is always going whenever I pay attention to him. He talks to me with mews and swishes his tail. He nudges into me at the table and brushes against my legs and then paws me when he wants to be held. Then he nudges into my neck and purrs. My gosh does he have a motor on him. He loves Mom too, but I think he loves us equally. It's rare but he'll even curl up in my lap. Once he was in my lap for almost the entire duration of How To Train Your Dragon 2 which I believe is around 2 hours long?

I could ramble on about my cats forever. I guess I just didn't realize I was a cat person until I got one of my own, then again I was always good with cats even when I was a kid so, it doesn't surprise me really.

Cats are so cute! I really want to have a pet cat, but it seems like my entire family unconditionally hates cats or prefers dogs so I'll probably have to wait until I get my own place 'til I can have one.

The only person I know IRL who has owned cats is my grandma but they all died, she just owns dogs now sad.gif

Hmm... this reminds me of my favorite thing about cats. They're by nature remorseless killers. I'll have to find some feeder mice for it to "play" with. It's just so adorable watching their killer instincts in action.

Yes! I'm NOT the only one! I do this with my cats too. I use both traditional and live mouse traps, indoors and out. The ones in the live traps get thrown to my cats. Usually the feral ones under my porch get the mice. *hides, but is too slow and is shot, brick'd and TP'd*

PS: I only throw live mice to the feral cats in winter or when they look thin. Otherwise, I just use traditional neck-snap traps like the ones cartoon characters get fingers trapped in.

I grew up with both cats and dogs, but it amazes me how much of a cat person I've become over the years.

Currently, we have two cats. They are both about 9 years old, one has a calico pattern and some tabby stripes (Demona). the other is mroe tortoiseshell, but has a white belly (Evangeline).

They are both shelter kitties, and while they have lived together for about 7 years, they still fight. It's rather amusing to watch them.

Eva loves to chase after wadded up paper, and Demona prefers the fur mice (and they both love catnip).

We live in an apartment, so I couldn't have dogs even if I wanted to...

They are absolutely. Also, I would not feel right keeping a dog in an apartment all day while I am at work.

Also, I find at times there is nothing more soothing that a purring cat.

My country doesn't allow cats in apartments. ;-; and my parents hate cats, so I can't get one either. But I make it a point to pet every cat I see on the roadside.

I love cats too, I think they are beautiful, elegant and clever enough to feed and hunt for themselves, and are also adorable. In the other way, I see dogs as loud, ugly, dirty, agressive, and stupid things... but that wasn't enough for me to adopt 2 little nasty things from the streets, and now, I have 3 lovely pets in my house. The good thing is that the dogs get very well with old lady cat.

*perks up* Did someone say cats~? *whips out her virtual wallet album* This is my 15 and a half year old tuxedo: Sylvester.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...mon-d4uqgyv.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...mon-d4oyivg.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...105-d4t57uc.png

RAWR! I EAT CHU!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...4a99571e97d.jpg

Just look at those teeth.....

our female, Wisp

Hehe. When I saw that name I pictured a longhair with a tiny frame. xd.png But those two are adorable~

Edit for page stretch.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I can't wait to have my own place, the first thing I'm doing after settling in is look for a kitty cat. Hopefully sometime this year! biggrin.gif

I am a dog person, to the last, but I LOVE cats as well. Luckily my dog gets on very well with cats.

I have always been a cat person. Right now, I have four--all adopted from the same rescue. The oldest one is Circe, who's nearly 7, and a long haired gray. The next oldest (2 and change, not really sure, but she was at least two months older than the other two) is Autumn, a short haired calico who was found in September. Then there are the black-and-whites. They're 2, going on 3. The girl is a tuxedo, named TV. The boy has more random black-and-white markings, his name is Domino.

Of course, before that, there were a whole slew of other cats ... I have had four others since becoming an adult (including my adorable, broke my heart, black cat named Aramis. He was a foundling from inside a city garage, and when I took him to the vet the first time, he was tested and turned out to be FeLV+ He did live with me for 13 months before succumbing). There were eight total cats that we had during the time that I was growing up.

I love cats so much. My parents have three, but my husband is allergic, so it's unlikely I'll wind up with any of my own. sad.gif It's just as well, I guess - I really like not having pet hair all over the house since I got married - but few things are cozier than a curled-up cat purring in your lap.

I'm a dog person, but I also like cats. I don't know why, I think they're pretty interesting animals. smile.gif

My best friend is a total cat lover, and she has to pet every cat in the street, hold it, purr with it, and sometimes I joke around with her that she'll end up as a cat hoarder. laugh.gif I don't really mean it, of course, I think it's cute how much she likes cats. smile.gif

I'm a dog person, but I also like cats. I don't know why, I think they're pretty interesting animals. smile.gif

My best friend is a total cat lover, and she has to pet every cat in the street, hold it, purr with it, and sometimes I joke around with her that she'll end up as a cat hoarder. laugh.gif I don't really mean it, of course, I think it's cute how much she likes cats. smile.gif

Cats are great as long as you understand certain bits of their body language. But I've noticed that their fur is generally softer than that of dogs. And they usually don't have to bathed like dogs do. Cats are usually very clean animals unless they're sick or too old. I think dogs are okay but I really do prefer animals that don't show their affection by slobbering all over you.

*perks up* Did someone say cats~? *whips out her virtual wallet album* This is my 15 and a half year old tuxedo: Sylvester.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...mon-d4uqgyv.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...mon-d4oyivg.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...105-d4t57uc.png

RAWR! I EAT CHU!

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn244/D...4a99571e97d.jpg

Just look at those teeth.....

Hehe. When I saw that name I pictured a longhair with a tiny frame. xd.png But those two are adorable~

Pretty baby...how old?

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I adore cats. They are some of my favorite animals and once I grow old, I will probably end up being a crazy cat lady with 10 cats. Hah, what a smell..

I think cats are wonderful, it's not that I dislike dogs, but I find cats to have more personality. You really have to work for the love of a cat and it feels way more rewarding when it likes you. We have had cats with us for the last 4-5 years and one of them even had a litter of kittens! 5 small, adorable furballss who cause so many troubles I don't even know where to begin! But, gods, I loved them SO much! Unfortunally we could not keep all of them, so we adopted them away to new families. We kept one, but sadly he dissapeared after half a year sad.gif

Once I'm dome with college and move out to my own place, I hope I can get time and money to have a cat, preferably one with long fur. I love cats with long fur, they are so gorgeous! They do require more work and are more expensive, but.. oh man.. Give me a Maine Coon and I'll be the happiest girl on this side of equator! =w=

Thank god I have a boyfriend who is cool with the idea of getting cats if we decide to move together!

Edit: Found some pictures of the kittens! They are grown up long ago, but I felt like sharing them anyway biggrin.gif

I hope you're able to see them, not completly sure the link works ^^,

Kittens!

More kittens!

Another kitten!

Very small kittens!

Edited by Phenri