chickenhound

Minecraft!

Eh, I round up on prices. Putting a .99 or a .95 at the end of a price is just a sales trick to make people think it's less money.

Anyway, I have news on Minecraft development! Notch has resigned as Minecraft's head developer. He still works for Mojang, but now Jeb is the lead developer for Minecraft. Within his first two days of being in charge, Jeb has fixed some redstone bugs and added wool regrowth to sheep.

Thoughts on Notch leaving? Personally, I'm happy. Notch's coding was pretty horrible, and Jeb has already followed through with a promise Notch couldn't keep (wool regrowth).

I actually heard about that awhile ago, I was waiting for someone to bring it up.

I'm pretty dang happy for Jeb. :D He's a great coder. Can't wait to see what he does.

It saddened me a bit to see people acting like Jeb's going to ruin the game now. ._.; He's responsible for a lot of the good stuff in Minecraft that people had been wanting. Pistons, wolves, redstone repeaters, the nether fortresses, NPC Villages... I remember Notch even saying at one point that he wasn't going to put some of that stuff in the game but Jeb did it so he just went "okay, let's put it in, then."

I just hope he doesn't take out dragons. :/

According to a lot of the comments, Jeb didn't even want dragons in the game.

I don't see why anyone would feel like Jeb's going to ruin the game. Like Switch said, he's much better at coding than Notch. I'm hoping he never starts acting like a spoiled little celebrity, the way Notch did.

I mean, Notch's behavior towards Yogscast after Minecon was ridiculous. He was way out of line.

I just hope he doesn't take out dragons.  :/

According to a lot of the comments, Jeb didn't even want dragons in the game.

I don't think he would, considering how popular they are.

When I was at Minecon during one of the panels, someone asked Jeb what he had against dragons. All he said was, "They were mean to me when I was little." So, I don't think he's planning to take them out, especially considering how his response was more humorous than anything. If he was really serious about wanting to remove dragons, I would have expected him to go into a long rant about why and whatnot.

And I think it's mainly because people are so used to Notch and rather thoughtlessly dedicated to him (the latter became pretty dang apparent during the Yogscast/Notch fiasco) that people are opposed to Jeb.

Edited by Switch

Is minecraft any good if you don't play online? I am thinking about getting it but i wouldn't be able to play online very often...

I like Single player mode just fine. There are a lot of mods you can download for the game that only work with Single player, like Mo' Creatures. Of course, just vanilla is pretty good too. I only ever play 'vanilla' because my computer can't handle mods and texture packs.

i like minecraft though i only like creative mode and survival mode. i don't like online sense my internet is bad, i can't even get online with wolfquest of Endless forest much anymore because of it. O well maybe one day. rolleyes.gif

though those creeps and lava are very mean. sad.gif (Geepers Creepers Blowin up u homes!) Can't get it out of my head. xd.png

I'm so happy! I got accepted in the World of Redstone big project! :D

Also, I can't run the server until the 14th. I'm grounded D:

So I was building a wood house for the heck of it (I got bored with my castle... that hasn't been changed since I've last been on- it's just a wall right now xd.png ) and it started raining. Then a thunderstorm came... I had one more block to put on my makeshift shelter for the time-being (I was planning to go exploring more and needed a shelter) and the lightning set my house on fire. It stopped raining right after that lightning strike... I couldn't take a picture before my house burned down completely xd.png

So my sister dragged me back into Minecraft after she wanted me to find her a Multiplayer Server. :x

I really like creative mode, except one thing. The worlds hardly have any flat areas without being miles away from the spawn. So flatworld downloaded map it was. Decided to attempt a castle after learning how to make domes and columns. Certainly beats the rectangular shoebox shaped buildings I was creating. Speaking of odd shapes, making a rooftop for a hexagonal shaped building was hard, even more so when it's built from netherbrick (hard to see which way the stairs are facing for me). >.<

I have good and bad news...

The good news is that the server should be up tomorrow. I just need to config everything.

The bad news is that I don't think we're organized enough to make an LP. If anyone wants to record, it's okay.

The server will be on Hamachi, as usual (damn you port forwarding). If anyone wants to join and don't know what Hamachi is, post here and I'll be glad to answer.

Edited by caramba2654

So I'm trying to make a water elevator to get up to my new floating hut (it's not really a house...) and well, I got a 1x1 to work with the boat before it spit me out due to me not being able to get into my house that way (boats need at least 1x2, I know...) so I tried to get a 1x2 to work and everything else after that.... it continues to push my boat away which is making me really annoyed.

Anyone able to help?

Dragonhatchling: Can you give some screenshots please?

Also:

The server is now up and running.

EDIT: I'll not announce when the server is up from now on. If you add the server to the server list in Minecraft it'll show up when it's up.

Edited by caramba2654

I have accidentally created a very effective slime spawner.

My own flipping underground mansion. XD I've found Slimes in there twice now.

Mommy slime and babby slime. :3

Nomnom cake.

I've actually never seen slimes this much before. XD I didn't realize my house fit the criteria for spawning them.

Edited by Switch

I've actually never seen slimes this much before. xd.png I didn't realize my house fit the criteria for spawning them.

Wow, you built your mansion in just the right place then--slimes only spawn in specific chunks of the map, below a certain level.

My own flipping underground mansion. xd.png I've found Slimes in there twice now.

Nice. biggrin.gif

Me and my brother were playing together today...i my first slime in a huge cave we found...then i found some of that blue stone (i have only seen it once and there was only one block)...then we ran into a creeper and i fell into a lava pit trying to get away....

The Spellbound Caves Super Hostile map is soooooo awesome!

A server I play on has some incredible builds, Including some dragcave pixel art done by me tongue.gif

Google: 'Mikeland' to find the IP.

i was doing skyblock and playing it safe

and an enderman stole the cactus while i was making my cobble bridge to it -___-

My own flipping underground mansion. xd.png I've found Slimes in there twice now.

Mommy slime and babby slime. :3

Nomnom cake.

I've actually never seen slimes this much before. xd.png I didn't realize my house fit the criteria for spawning them.

Slimes? I can never find slimes.