chickenhound

Minecraft!

hey guys I found this thread.I saw people and their houses,now I am here to inform you,that I am an expert medieval building builder.been building medieval crap for over a month now,and I downloaded a flat map,and started to build on it.I made a city,and here is my latest house on it-a german styled home with a viking styled roofing-

Linked for size

Linked for size

Size

you like?

I dare you to do Legendary

dude I played some of the super hostile maps,sure they are fun for the first couple of times but then they get so boring.I played the redo of the sky-land and it was fun until I got off the original skyland,which wasn't even his.I did the island paradise one and it ended up getting boring after a few minutes.I did legendary and it was pretty senseless,because I wanted an open environment.i'm not hating on you,im just getting mad that your gloating about maps that aren't even that good(my opinion)

Edited by NixAyum

I just found a ravine completely filled with lava. ._.

I've never seen anything like this before, dunno about anyone else, so I thought it was awesome.

Album is here if anyone wants to see.

One of the pics has the coords and seed info on it in case you want to check it out.

I just found a ravine completely filled with lava. ._.

I've never seen anything like this before, dunno about anyone else, so I thought it was awesome.

Album is here if anyone wants to see.

One of the pics has the coords and seed info on it in case you want to check it out.

i've only seen this type of thing once because i fell into it in survival and dead. xd.png

Minecraft is GREAT. I don't know about all of you but I actually prefer spelunking etc. to building, though I do dabble especially in mining out my own houses/fortresses. I've had the game for more than a year now, and my original world is huge and has LOTS of sweet stuff. Redstone is where it's at... I'd like to find a decent vanilla server to play, anyone have one?

I LOVEEEEEE minecraft. Amazing game! I could sit on it for hours just messing around with stuff.

I've been busy working on a gigantic floating house that I built on top of a mountain that I learned off, below the house is a huge lake and parts of my floors are glass, and the lake leads to a waterfall running into another lake that has a second waterfall on the otherside smile.gif

Wouldn't say I'm fantastic at building like I know some people are, but I still have loads of fun with it!

Let me be the first to say that I am insane. And do you know what caused me to jump to this conclusion?

I am going to build the City of Ember. Underground. With the Pipeworks, and the River, and the path to the outside.

I have NO IDEA when I'm going to be finished with it.

1.1 is finally out! :D

Btw, has the server been up recently? I haven't been able to get on...

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

Everyone has either played it or heard of it. Notch is a pretty smart guy.

Notch is actually really bad at writing code, much to my amusement. A lot of different Mojang members had to work together to script Minecraft. After Notch gave up his position as the head developer, his replacement Jeb stepped in and managed to fix a LOT of issues and annoyances.

Jeb is awesome. He's the person who wrote all of the coding for redstone wiring, which despite being a bit cumbersome, was still more advanced than anything Notch could accomplish. I hope we'll get to see some of Jeb's new developments in this update (wool regrowth on sheep, guys!! Notch said it was impossible!).

Ohmaigawd.

Superflat worlds and Pirate Speak.

<3333 Lovelovelovelove.

I'm basically a strict builder in Minecraft nowadays, and I often have trouble finding places to build whatever I feel like building, but with Superflat I can just build everything wherever I want in one big creative world! Squee! <3 I love it!

I've already built a pretty nice (thought unfinished and a bit messy) building in my new Superflat world. I was going to upload a video of it, but WMM was like "NOPENOPENOPE."

I also absolutely LOVE the Pirate Speak language option. XD I switched to it the moment 1.1 came out and haven't taken it off.

Pirate speak from now on forever.

... I honestly haven't payed much attention to anything else in 1.1 other than those two things. :'DD

Let me be the first to say that I am insane. And do you know what caused me to jump to this conclusion?

I am going to build the City of Ember. Underground. With the Pipeworks, and the River, and the path to the outside.

I have NO IDEA when I'm going to be finished with it.

Try to make it self sustaining.

Try to make it self sustaining.

Fortunately, that shouldn't be too hard. I'll probably add a farm extension to where the greenhouses already should be, and glowstone in place of lightbulbs.

I love Minecraft. I always start massive projects and then never finish them wish makes me sad sad.gif.

Annoyingly I have lots of ideas for servers but dont know the first thing about setting one up... le sigh...

Well, since WMM doesn't want me to get a video of my one abandoned building and my one building that I'm tempted to abandon, I'll just shove screenshots in everybody's face. :L <3

user posted image

^ This was originally just supposed to be a small tower that I was hoping would only take a few hours at best. But, being me, I had to make it all fancy-like and build it up to the sky block, so it's taken me three days so far. It's mostly finished, minus the decorating the interior, a few archways, and the waterfalls.

user posted image

^ And then there's my abandoned building. The exterior is completely done, but the archways are messy and uneven... :L I'm kinda unhappy with it now. And sorry about the roof looking weird. It's glass.

For some reason, I'm way into building archways at the moment. And sorry if you can't see the details of the tower that well. The thing is BIG and I had to go pretty far back to fit it in one screenshot.

Edited by Switch

Fortunately, that shouldn't be too hard. I'll probably add a farm extension to where the greenhouses already should be, and glowstone in place of lightbulbs.

And after that, you can make the town of sparks!

Oh, those look great! What texture pack are you using?

SMP's Revival texture pack. <3 It's my favorite texture pack. It looks so pretty and it's within the default resolution of minecraft, so it doesn't cause me any lag. XD

Edited by Switch