chickenhound

Minecraft!

The code freeze is just so there are no new features to debug. Minecraft will be released at Minecon.

Yeah, but that means all main features are mostly done and the only thing is left is fixing the bugs.

Potions?

Wow, this has come a long way.

Great job Notch!

I've done a few DC hatchies. :3 Silver male hatchie, blue nebula hatchie, black hatchie, and a frill hatchie.

Though I haven't done it in a while....might start that up again...

I know, but when it works properly. Have you seen all of the complaint messages there were on the thread? I'm not downloading the mod until it gets a stable release.

But on good news... Minecraft is in a code freeze. So that means no new features will be added and bugs will be removed. It seems Minecraft is almost at Beta 1.9, so I think before the end of this month the server will be running. Besides, Minecon is only one month away from today. biggrin.gif

Jeb said "1.9" is not going to be Beta 1.9 but will be simply "Minecraft 1.0".

Specifically, he said it isn't coming out until Minecon. Which is also when they're dropping Minecraft 1.0 on us, so it's an easy conclusion to make. Which means your server won't be updating around Halloween but rather in mid-November. >>

Source: http://twitter.com/#!/jeb_/status/126274781849976833

Edited by Lythiaren

Grrr...

Well, I'll see what I can do.

I LOVE THIS GAME! On multiplayer,the owners arrange duels and fights in the arena and we the sky realm generation code,we get flying islands to build on!

._.

Notch just said on Twitter (I don't actually have an account, but I spend waaay too much time checking the MC news): "I was talking about ender dragon eggs."

Bebeh draggies? :D?

I want a baby dragon. I shall raise it and use it to carve out a new home for me out of the side of a mountain. |3

Edited to kill smilies.

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

Woo only one more week!

BTW, did you know my Minecraft didn't crash when I had 700 skeletons compresses in a 1x2x1 space? biggrin.gif I got 50 XP from that. And I wasted 2 diamond swords. D:

I would've done

if I had 700 mobs in a 1x1x2 space myself. Pfft, exp. MOB SHOTGUN MOAR FUN! xd.png

I was thinking of doing that, but I can't. The skeleton spawner I found is too deep and a mobavator would make them despawn.

But I got a silk touch diamond pickaxe with them. Ice and grass in the Nether FTW! biggrin.gif

Well, 1.9pr6 is out. Kiss obsidian!

BTW, I got everything right now. We can start a server again, but that will be completely vanilla, without Bukkit or anything. And it has to be on Hamachi. It's better for everyone, I think. It'll be on Easy difficulty, and no creative mode allowed. Also, it would be cool if everyone who played on the server recorded it, because then we could have different points of view. Of course, test need to be made. And we have a week to get everything right to do a SMP Let's Play. Who wants to participate? Tell me and I'll advise you.

Also, because we're on a pre-release, the map will not be permanent until the 18th of November, when Minecraft is launched. It'll be only to find a good seed and to decide what path the LP is going to take. So, everything good then? Now that stable times are coming again, I can sense a much more rewarding playing experience. biggrin.gif

A Let's Play? Can I be in it if I can't record anything?

Also, if you want a seed that spawns you next to a village, use "Cannotgetlost" (the one I use for my survival world)

I saw a seed that spawns you in a mushroom biome. It's "lost" (I used it for a creative world).

(Both seeds don't have the " (quotation marks, I think))

In Cannotgetlost, there is a village in the desert near some pumpkins. That's how I found it. And, there's an abandoned mine shaft in a cave close to spawn.

A different or random seed would be good, too.

I would also like to make a pi house. Or make an eye out of wool.

A Let's Play? Can I be in it if I can't record anything?

Also, if you want a seed that spawns you next to a village, use "Cannotgetlost" (the one I use for my survival world)

I saw a seed that spawns you in a mushroom biome. It's "lost" (I used it for a creative world).

(Both seeds don't have the " (quotation marks, I think))

In Cannotgetlost, there is a village in the desert near some pumpkins. That's how I found it. And, there's an abandoned mine shaft in a cave close to spawn.

A different or random seed would be good, too.

I would also like to make a pi house. Or make an eye out of wool.

Try the seed "Winter".

Well, the ideal would be that you could record. But no problems not recording it.

I can't record either... >.>

But I would like to be in the LP. :3

I don't know any awesome seeds...I've been looking, but nothing has blown me away yet. :/

One of them, though, spawns you on an island with a single tree in the middle of the ocean. I've only filled out half the map so far, but it looks like a few small islands with barely any vegetation.

One more thing I've been meaning to ask. Is snow disabled in 1.8? ._.

Because no matter how many seeds I look through, I have not been able to find snow.

Okay, so, if you don't die in lava in Winter, there is snow nearby.

It's a good thing I made a new world with that seed a creative one. I would have died in lava if I didn't.

It's kind of funny if you give the seed to someone.

Lol ikr?

And I think snow biomes are disabled in 1.8. And they're still having trouble generating on some versions...

EDIT: BTW, know that Particles option in the menu? So, I suggested it biggrin.gif

Edited by caramba2654