chickenhound

Minecraft!

So, what's going to happen with the server?

Also, yes, tamable dragons would be cool.

Anyone want a seed that spawns you next to a village? It's Cannotgetlost

I have a world with that seed that I play on a lot. Also, at the desert near some pumpkins is another village.

Longer post than expected.

*dragon flying* 8D

*flies through trees* O.O

Maaaaaaybe it's a good thing that these won't spawn in the overworld...

But it still would be SO MUCH FUN to ride one around and destroy whatever it touches. |D

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

The server is going to wait for no more pre-releases. When everything gets stable, I'll update the server again.

I think Notch said there will be different dragons too. o0o I am excite.

I hate that everyone says dragons should be tamable and ridable. They shouldn't! If you came across and adult dragon, he probably wouldn't be thinking "I'd better let him tame me!" He'd be thinking "MMMM, DINNER!"

Just my $0.02

1 word: Pre-release 4

That's two words. tongue.gif

Edited by Getpwned

Maybe dragon eggs or hatchlings would be tamable.

Or they're like wolves. Adult wolves are tamed, so what about a small dragon that can be tamed?

Riding? Um, I think that wouldn't be the best idea. Ender dragons. Although, it would be fun to ride one around. And useful for making flat areas. But, then griefing would happen.

EDIT: If they can be tamed

Edited by 48844

It's one word and one number. A word can be made with 2 words if they're are altogether or separated by a hyphen.

And I don't care if the code says dragons aren't tamable. I'm gonna tame then even if I have to mine bedrock. Or I could throw a Splash Potion of Swiftness IV at it!

Honestly? If dragons blow holes in terrain I think that realm will have some pretty awesome terrain because of them. TUNNELS. EVERYWHERE.

You can also occupy those tunnels. Wall off one side and make it thick so the Endermen have trouble taking it apart. You won't even need to dig. The only thing that would let them in would be another dragon flying through the same place. :V

Honestly? If dragons blow holes in terrain I think that realm will have some pretty awesome terrain because of them.  TUNNELS.  EVERYWHERE.

You can also occupy those tunnels.  Wall off one side and make it thick so the Endermen have trouble taking it apart.  You won't even need to dig.  The only thing that would let them in would be another dragon flying through the same place. :V

In 1.9pre2, the blocks that the Enderman could pick up were reduced. Notably, they can't pick up any of the common building materials (wood, stone, cobblestone, etc). For a full list, check here.

Yes but does that apply to Endermen in their home realm, is the question.

I'd still make thick walls.

So, what's everyone's Minecraft skin? :D

I changed mine to an Enderman wearing a white hoodie with a Creeper face on the back. I love it. <3

So, what's everyone's Minecraft skin? biggrin.gif

I changed mine to an Enderman wearing a white hoodie with a Creeper face on the back. I love it. <3

If it has blue eyes, then that is the exact skin I'm using right now. X3

If it has blue eyes, then that is the exact skin I'm using right now. X3

Ahaha, it is! XD We must have good taste, eh? Lol.

I WAS going to get a special Creeper skin, but I saw all of the lovely Endermen ones and I was all like "<33".

My skin is of a skeleton wearing a black fedora and jacket (which is what I all-the-time wear in real life.)

I always use a skeleton as my skin. First it was Jack Skellington, then a Glowing Skeleton, then a Pirate Skeleton...

And that now includes my MineCon cape. <3

Also, me and my friends recently redecorated my underground manor.

user posted image

I love it so much. It was a bit too big to get a full shot, though. <3 And yes, I was trying to make it as flamboyant as I could.

(The person next to the 'S' and heart is Lyd, the person on the S is Darko, the one by the curtain and staircase is Vexen, and the one on the bottom floor is TDC. They helped. :3)

Edited by Switch

https://i.imgur.com/SQA1B.png

Mojang won the lawsuit v. Zenimax Studios!

If you're interested, the imgur link is one that links to a picture of the document, if you're fluent in legal.

To sum it up, Zenimax's concern IS valid, but not valid enough to warrant Mojang being forced to change the name. The court accepted Mojang's argument that the word "scrolls" and variants thereupon are common in games, and as such, the risk of mistaking one game (Scrolls) for another (The Elder Scrolls) is relatively low among the average consumer of Scrolls, as the average person who's going to buy Scrolls or TES is going to be more informed than the "average Joe". They ruled that the case can be appealed within 3 weeks (which I imagine will happen), at which point another trial will occur that will be much larger.

The Zenimax vs. Mojang thing was fairly pointless anyway since Scrolls is a CCG rather than an RPG. Fantasy setting yes, game genre no.

But I'm happy for them simply because the case was stupid to begin with. The branding is very different, the game types (fantasy setting aside) are quite different unless you consider MTG the same type of game as DnD, and the one single word they were fighting over is extremely generic. DC uses scrolls. They aren't sending S&D orders to us. Mojang probably won't get their trademark even if they apply for it anyway since they used the shotgun approach for it. The word is too generic to be trademarked, like trying to trademark the word "the". In all likelihood they probably just put all the media they could think of on the application because they had/have plans to sell merchandise and prod people who make mention of their game in media.

Edited by Lythiaren

Sorry, but no server until no prereleases.

I know it's boring and such, but almost every server hoster is doing that, so...

BTW, I'm looking forward to the CapeCraft mod.

I know, but when it works properly. Have you seen all of the complaint messages there were on the thread? I'm not downloading the mod until it gets a stable release.

But on good news... Minecraft is in a code freeze. So that means no new features will be added and bugs will be removed. It seems Minecraft is almost at Beta 1.9, so I think before the end of this month the server will be running. Besides, Minecon is only one month away from today. biggrin.gif