chickenhound

Minecraft!

*sigh* I wish i can play more minecraft sad.gif

I'm on a friend's SMP right now, currently using Tyken's gerudoku remix.

Are beds working fine for you guys? Any monsters spawning on you in a well-lit, enclosed space?

I play mostly on peaceful, but I've heard sometimes doors glitch with the bed and let monsters in to wake you up.

Edited by Lythiaren

Sab, 404 has quite a bit of lava.  It's just that it's also your only source of light unless you had torches before you punched the gravel. >>

I guess I have not explored the area under the gravel thoroughly enough.....

is it past the deep pit that the waterfall descends into? haven't managed to dig past that yet

Edited by Layn

Have you gone down into the sinkhole? It goes at least down to Layer 12, and Layer 12 = tons of lava. >>

Incidentally, Layer 12 is also the safest place to dig for diamonds, if you bring a water bucket to make nice obsidian floors on the lava layer.

Layn, you can get all the torches you need if you have plenty of wood by the way.

I dug a huge cavern about 8 X 30-something squares. I lined the top with some ceiling lights to prevent any 'accidents' spawning on the treetops and spread dirt on the ground.

After that I did

Torch-Tree-tree-torch all the way. Plant some saplings and they'll grow in no time.

After you put the wood in the furnace and maybe coal as fuel. Presto, charcoal! It works exactly like coal, so you can get more wood to turn into stick and spam crates of torches.

Have you gone down into the sinkhole? It goes at least down to Layer 12, and Layer 12 = tons of lava. >>

Incidentally, Layer 12 is also the safest place to dig for diamonds, if you bring a water bucket to make nice obsidian floors on the lava layer.

user posted image

the sinkhole that I'm staring at and being scared of?

if I jump down will there be coal down there?

If you can see it. Bring torches.

okay *hunts for source of coal near the surface* how many torches would you recommend?

Lots. The caverns down there are huge, and the only way back up is to either dig a staircase or to swim back up the waterfall.

If you can find it again.

And bring a stack or two of dirt too so you can make some dirt stairs. Or make pillars to get out.

Ah minecraft, I love that game smile.gif

Though, I remember when I first bought Minecraft Alpha, the first night I was playing it at midnight and I got scared to death because a creeper got me D:

Anyone looking at seed -378129950 should go to the following coordinates:

x: -393

y: 73

z: -63

Approaching the area should tell you exactly why I direct you there.

I tried out the glacier seed

that place is so cool xd.png

i tried random things for the seeds, bacon, minecraft, notch, (my boyfriend's name), and my own

my boyfriend got a cool mountainy awesome world, my name was crud sad.gif

DX a sheep just fell in that!

Isn't it awesome? :D

There's also a small lavafall down in there, somewhere around -420,70,-60. With trees nearby. You might want to cut them down to prevent fire. >>

Edited by Lythiaren

Lol, Marri failed the 404 challenge. FAILED.

So does anyone know a good SMP server I could join?

I looked around, but I couldn't find whatever you said there was, it's hard to see the coordinates with the red lines going like crazy and numbers changing whenever I twitch. Can you tell me please?

if you go to forum.mountainwat.ch and apply for the whitelist for the archipelago server, that's a really good one.

Edited by Getpwned

I looked around, but I couldn't find whatever you said there was, it's hard to see the coordinates with the red lines going like crazy and numbers changing whenever I twitch. Can you tell me please?

user posted image

One of the biggest natural overhangs in Minecraft history. Also a lavafall with trees nearby that burn down if you don't get at them in time. |D

Screenshot doesn't even capture 1/20th of the size of this place. I'd only approached the area because I liked the huge cliffs on one side, rounded a corner and...

Minutes later, I'm stopping a forest fire.

Edited by Lythiaren

OMGSOMGSOMGSOMGS!! I LOVE Minecraft!

I got a Zelda skin and texture pack, and now I pretend spiders are Gold Skulltulas xd.png.

For my 5th world I played HermitCraft style, and now have an underground park.

If you don't know what HermitCraft is, here's a video: