chickenhound

Minecraft!

I'm working on my house. :D It's lakeside and mostly made of wood, but it is slooowwwly becoming mostly glass. Because I love looking outside at all of the monsters that are trying to get to me but can't.

At the moment I'm digging a ditch around the house so I can make a moat. c: It's taking a while, since on two sides of the house there are tall hills, which makes the.. "moat" look awkward. AH WELL. I'll get it right soon enough.

And now for some pictures!

The house from a distance. :3

Right inside of my house, looking at my stuff and the door to my bedroom.

My bedroom, obviously unfinished. The sun is starting to go down, so the next pictures will be progressively darker.

The main floor still, but facing away from my room. I plan on making the room at the end a ballroom, with a glass hallway going all the way down to the beach.

The second floor.

Aaaand the top floor.

It is obviously unfinished, hehe. I might add a huuuuge tower or two to the top floor, just because.

I'm working on my house. biggrin.gif It's lakeside and mostly made of wood, but it is slooowwwly becoming mostly glass. Because I love looking outside at all of the monsters that are trying to get to me but can't.

At the moment I'm digging a ditch around the house so I can make a moat. c: It's taking a while, since on two sides of the house there are tall hills, which makes the.. "moat" look awkward. AH WELL. I'll get it right soon enough.

And now for some pictures!

[insert pictures here]

It is obviously unfinished, hehe. I might add a huuuuge tower or two to the top floor, just because.

Wow, glass, pretty brave of you.

Imagine the creepers...

Creeper:Tha's a nice glass house you got dere. Be a shame if an'thin' happen to it... ssssssssssssss

I'm pretty scared of creeper damage. Which is why I plan on building a house with mainly obsidian, lava, and is out at sea. It'll be a task for sure but it seems awesome in my head.

Kekekeke, yeeaaaah. But I always go inside the house before it gets dark, so if I DO have it on anything other than peaceful, they can't see me. (Creepers can't see through glass. PFFFFT.) But yeah, if I accidentally detonate a Creeper near my house.. ouch. I might have to cover up the area with some cobblestone while I make some more glass. :/

I REALLY want to make a house like Sly did.. an underwater one. The one he did was mostly glass so he can see out into the water and stuff. So neat. He said it was REALLY tedious, however, since he had to drain out all of that water from the inside.

Kekekeke, yeeaaaah. But I always go inside the house before it gets dark, so if I DO have it on anything other than peaceful, they can't see me. (Creepers can't see through glass. PFFFFT.) But yeah, if I accidentally detonate a Creeper near my house.. ouch. I might have to cover up the area with some cobblestone while I make some more glass. :/

I REALLY want to make a house like Sly did.. an underwater one. The one he did was mostly glass so he can see out into the water and stuff. So neat. He said it was REALLY tedious, however, since he had to drain out all of that water from the inside.

Yeah, his underwater house is pretty epic. I want to know how he did it O.o

Oh man 1.5 is out. Is it just me or are they pulling double shifts and doing a lot of updates lately?

Aaaaalso, does anyone know how to update a server to 1.5 using a sissy ClanForge control panel interface? I think I have to submit some kind of a help ticket to their people to get them to change the server like that, which seems kind of stupid, but I'm afraid of doing it wrong. @_@

Also, once that's straightened out, anyone who wants to come play with me should PM me with their username and I will respond with the server info. n_n

Minecraft keeps crashing for me recently...

I have to build my house in 5 minute increments. :/ At least I have my 8 puppies to keep me company.

*Resurrects!*

Just got the game about a week ago, used to play classic -happy.gif-

Started to work on a massive project recently...is it ok to post pictures, ooor..?

*Resurrects!*

Started to work on a massive project recently...is it ok to post pictures, ooor..?

Yes.

I am working on a big project too. It is the Inntel Zaandam Amsterdam hotel. 3 blocks high for each floor.

*Resurrects!*

Please do.

user posted image

This particular pic was taken outside, after I had found out about the wonders of MCE Edit, several days after I had built almost half this castle...would have been helpful <<

user posted image

In-Game Picture of the front of the castle

user posted image

A Peek into what will be the Library, view is from the Greenhouse/Personal Garden when I'm too lazy to go exploring outside.

user posted image

Oh hello Mr. Pig, wut choo doin' in my Greenhouse silleh billeh -happy.gif-

user posted image

One Porkchop Dinner later, we've made it to the Throne Room in Progress.

And yes, it's made of what you think it is.

user posted image

And here is the near complete great hall ^^

Edited by Kukilunestar

You know gold is useless right?

But anyway I've played this before, had/have a file with late game stuff, top of a mountain house, a mine to the very bottom (Even found the void down there), and got a bit of diamond.

But I haven't touched it in forever.

Gold is not useless. Gold tools are the fastest in the whole game. The only downside to that is the durability.

And now you can make minecart boosters tracks with gold.

Note when that post was made. Gold really was useless back then, watches were only marginally useful.

Gold really only became useful what, two weeks ago?

Note when that post was made. Gold really was useless back then, watches were only marginally useful.

Gold really only became useful what, two weeks ago?

I dunno. But gold is extremely rare. Almost as rare as diamond. When I have about 11 diamonds I only have 7 gold.

Now slimeballs are the most useless things in the game.

In a single 75x75 mine I've thus far gathered more than 3-4 stacks of gold, maybe 2 stacks of lapis lazuli, and less than one stack of diamond.

You're probably mining in the wrong place.

In a single 75x75 mine I've thus far gathered more than 3-4 stacks of gold, maybe 2 stacks of lapis lazuli, and less than one stack of diamond.

You're probably mining in the wrong place.

I always mine at layer 12 in connected shafts. I find a lot of stone and redstone with this method. About 11 diamonds so far and 8 gold. And lots of stone. That I smelted.

Protip: Use charcoal. Have 64 wood. Turn one into wooden planks. Then smelt 1 wood to 1 charcoal. Then use the rest of the wood and the charcoal to smelt 9 more charcoal. And keep going. It's way more productive than to mine coal.

That's why you're not finding any gold. :V

Gold is layer 32 and below, rarely from 33-35. The reason you're not finding much is because at 12 there's redstone, diamond and (more often than not) loads of gravel/dirt/lava/air/water in the way, all of which severely inhibit the generation of gold, lapis, iron and coal.

Edited by Lythiaren

Oh. But I have 72 Iron just by digging Layer 12... I guess it must be a curse or luck.

About to post more pics. (Maybe, depends if I ever feel like making more progress on the throne room and not on other rooms cause I'm being lazies>>)

Also, I've been debating making this particular map into a server, but with the mods I'm...iffy.

Why are there cacti in your house?

Wow, that looks fantastic. O.O

My minecraft house is just a giant castle in the side of a cliff, nothing special.

I love how you did the dome and windows. Seriously, that is awesome.