chickenhound

Minecraft!

Why are there cacti in your house?

It's probably a farm. :3

Finally finished building the dome of my castle/temple thingy.

user posted image

O.O

E-e-epic...

Why are there cacti in your house?

It's my greenhouse. Besides cacti there's a sugar cane and wheat farm.

Edit: here's a picture from the inside of my greenhouse:

user posted image

Everything besides the glowstone is 100% legit.

Edited by Cybele

Finally finished building the dome of my castle/temple thingy.

user posted image

Very nice!

I'm not into Minecraft as much as my brother is, but I know more about it than I'd like to.

Went in a cave. Came out with TONS of stuff. :D

152 Coal, 111 Redstone, 23 Iron, 12 Lapis Lazuli, 1 Gold AAAAND 1 Diamond. x3 So much stuff. So much. The only other thing in that cave is TONS of water. And lava. Lots and lots of lava.

..I think I'll go collect some of that lava. @w@

I dislike people who think their awesome because they can use mine edit... being able to make a great structure in mineedit takes nothing tongue.gif being able to make a great structure in mineCRAFT is skill and Cybele

I dislike people who think their awesome because they can use mine edit... being able to make a great structure in mineedit takes nothing tongue.gif being able to make a great structure in mineCRAFT is skill and Cybele

I like to mix them. I have an inventory editor and the single player commands mod. So I can give myself infinite items and be able to fly around. This makes building adventure maps and/or huge structures a lot easier. Though there was a time that I didn't have those things...

Meh, as some people say on the official forum, MCEdit versus non-MCEdit isn't as huge of a difference as purists make it out to be. If you get down to the bare nitty-gritty of it all, people who don't use MCEdit are simply exerting the willpower required to hold their mouse buttons down for extended periods of time. A detailed structure built in MCEdit often requires just as much planning as one built without, it simply has the advantage that it's less tedious and you lose fewer resources when you make errors (such as misplaced glass, glowstone, or even smooth stone).

All that said, however, I personally choose not to use MCEdit, INVEdit, or mods like TooManyItems (which is basically INVEdit in mod form), Single Player Commands, or flymods. I play Minecraft to mine and to craft. I find it relaxing to do everything vanilla.

All that said, however, I personally choose not to use MCEdit, INVEdit, or mods like TooManyItems (which is basically INVEdit in mod form), Single Player Commands, or flymods.  I play Minecraft to mine and to craft.  I find it relaxing to do everything vanilla.

I have to shamefacedly admit I've been using INVEdit for a good while now.

I don't use MCEdit, though.

I prefer the building aspect, really. XD Though using it does get a bit dull, especially in peaceful.

I'm lazy. x_x

Building's more fun to me than mining. If I want to do survival stuff, I'll just disable the mods.

I like to mix them. I have an inventory editor and the single player commands mod. So I can give myself infinite items and be able to fly around. This makes building adventure maps and/or huge structures a lot easier. Though there was a time that I didn't have those things...

inv edit is respectable.. its nice to have a limitless supply for that giant 5000000000 by 50000 castle (though ive never done something tat big)

on a side note has anyone every decided to hollow out a mountain and make a house inside taking a whole mountain with just 1 entrance on top.

on the outside it looks like a mountain with a house on top my house has ladder system and i live in the whole mountain =.. win biggrin.gif

inv edit is respectable.. its nice to have a limitless supply for that giant 5000000000 by 50000 castle (though ive never done something tat big)

on a side note has anyone every decided to hollow out a mountain and make a house inside taking a whole mountain with just 1 entrance on top.

on the outside it looks like a mountain with a house on top my house has ladder system and i live in the whole mountain =.. win :D

I tried doing that one time.

It took forever. ;__; I eventually just gave up.

Oh, and I did do that one other time in the Nether. I didn't know what I wanted to do with it, though. XD;

I find it hard to pay attention to one single world in Minecraft for long before just getting bored and starting a new one.

nether scares me :0

I love the Nether. I'd live there primarily, but there really isn't anything to DO there.

Spooky stuff. <3

So, I just use a Painterly Pack which makes everything all spooky looking on the surface.

The animals are all skeletons now. :P

lol i wanna get that pack.. i like to play superhero and make my own hideouts and go out at night and "and bring justice" to those stupid beasts of evil tongue.gif

oh and well doing it i wear a pumpkin on my head for a mask

Edited by gearwolf

hey im starting my own minecraft fan fiction biggrin.gif

umm so i need some char suggestions gwssug.boxx@yahoo.com

@Switch: Have you seen NetherCraft? It adds trees, mobs, wheat, ores and such to the Nether so that once you move there, you can live quite comfortably without ever returning to the surface. I played with it for a while- built quite a cozy base and everything.

@Switch: Have you seen NetherCraft? It adds trees, mobs, wheat, ores and such to the Nether so that once you move there, you can live quite comfortably without ever returning to the surface. I played with it for a while- built quite a cozy base and everything.

Oh oh oh oh.

That's awesome. o.o How have I never seen that before?

AND Painterly has a texture pack for it. <3

Imma install.

..that was kind of rude, gearwolf. owo

Caramba, can you show screenshots of it, if you can? :D

Sure I can. Although I'm making a version 2 of this map. I really think it's too short. And I've noticed that you spawn with the tools I was using to edit the map.

Yes, the graphics are definitely not the best. But the game isn't supposed to be about graphics. c: It's just a cute little game. Actually, for me, the graphics are what make it fun and unique. Everything is made of cubes! BAHAHA.

wow thoes graphics really suck huh?

If you pass on Minecraft for its graphics you're missing out. The graphics have to be crap to save power for everything else.

Edited by Lythiaren