chickenhound

Minecraft!

My brother bought minecraft and is allowing me a file...I'm building an island house in the middle of a lake. Taking a while to build, but it looks pretty. On the 'mainland', I have a mine I dug myself that ended up connecting to one of those pre-dug caves.

I know how to make torches, swords, buckets, chests and such. My brother made a nether portal, so I understand all that.

I have it on peaceful for now...I want to make a weapon first. Probably an iron sword.

Any advice?

EDIT: Spelling.

EDIT EDIT: I GO ON MY FILE AND EVERYTHING IS GONE. I'M GOING TO GO MURDER MY BROTHER NOW. BE BACK LATER.

Edited by evilbunny405

.....monsters won't show up in any really dark and big hole I made... even on hard (which I usually play on easy or normal) but they show up around the hole! dry.gif

Wait... Is it just a huge dark pit?

If so, you're doin it wrong. Monsters won't spawn in air and the mob generator just puts the mobs on nearby available land, which in most cases would be around the edges. Most people who want tons of hostile mobs actually build 16x16 towers with floors only 2 blocks high, from bedrock to sky, and make a grinder (usually lava knife or drowning trap) at the bottom to kill the mobs and harvest loot.

Or they build it upside-down and make it into a gravity trap instead.

I modified the 'pit' into a stepping thing (like stairs but going down to the bedrock 3X3 diagonally...) and I wanted to find a slime for the heck of it so I got some tnt and blew a bunch of giant holes around the large area I made at the bottom with bedrock. What I found instead was about 30 zombies waiting for me... their mrreegg and all xd.png

I remember hoarding a crap-tonne of tnt, digging a 1-wide hole from surface to bedrock, filling it all back up with tnt, tapping it and running like hell.

Result was something not unlike a sinkhole, and many a monster left its goodies at the bottom for me to collect. biggrin.gif

Haha, I did the same thing - and then built a spiral staircase down the side all the way to the bottom. Now it's a really convenient spot for branch mining.

A friend recently gifted it to me and it so much fun. I have problems with getting lost badly. I built a large tower so that I can find where my home base is now.

My account was stolen last night D:

I sent Notch an email but he hasn't answered yet.

I don't even know why someone would want my account I only play on classic and I don't have beta ._.

/sigh

EDIT: It was fixed biggrin.gif

Edited by Zachster96

So guys.

Beta 1.3.

Post your awesome seed finds. kgo.

Known interesting seeds include '404', 'Glacier', '9000.1', and '10110101'.

Things are not what they seem, if you're checking out 404. Dig the gravel patch at coordinates (-26, 63, 19).

So guys.

Beta 1.3.

Things are not what they seem, if you're checking out 404. Dig the gravel patch at coordinates (-26, 63, 19).

I can't play, I have a few mods and I am waiting for them to update. So... Tell me in white text?

Just start up the worlds with mods off, you'll see. :3

But 404 is now famed for the giant sinkhole under that gravel patch. >3

Oh ho ho, related to 404 error maybe? >:)

But aren't all of the worlds randomly generated? What if there isn't a gravel patch?

You can add "seeds" to world generation now... From what I understand, they're like "cheat codes" to spawn certain worlds. But you can't enter just anything... I dunno, I don't completely get it yet, either.

Yeah, the way world generation has always worked was it generated a "random" seed based on your computer clock, and then generated the world using that seed. The difference in 1.3 is now that you can put in the seed yourself. If you seed a world with 404 and can't find the gravel patch, you just got a different spawn point in the world generated with that seed. All you have to do is go looking for it. :3

How do you find the coordinates on minecraft?

Sorry, kinda noobish at this game still.

Anyways, I haven't gotten any really good worlds yet.

I love the new beds.

Edited by Kei To Everything

OMG Minecraft....It sucks away my time...OMG....

It feels like time moves faster when I'm playing Minecraft.

So guys.

Beta 1.3.

very nice, is there anything actually down here?

I am going to have to try that '404' seed :3.

..I wonder what happens when the seed's 420.... *Shrugs*

Beds are win.

Also, what texture packs do you guys use? At first I used Nurio's Splotchblock, but when it never got updated for 1.2 I switched to Sophisticraft, then when I made my own texture pack my texture pack.

How do you find the coordinates on minecraft?

Sorry, kinda noobish at this game still.

Anyways, I haven't gotten any really good worlds yet.

I love the new beds.

Press F3 and it'll show a bunch of squiggly red lines with numbers. Look at the middle number, I think.

Beds are win.

Also, what texture packs do you guys use? At first I used Nurio's Splotchblock, but when it never got updated for 1.2 I switched to Sophisticraft, then when I made my own texture pack my texture pack.

Um, The RPG Texture Pack is a pretty popular one, which I think looks really nice. I saw an HD Custom Texture Pack that I really like, but I don't know what it's called... I used the Painterly Custom pack for a while, which looked pretty nice. Then I suited up with an Okami-based texture. I've also used Wildcraft, which looks pretty nice.

I'm currently using Pixeludi.

I use Painterly, myself. IT updated pretty quick when the update came out. >>

Also: yes, there's a lot of stuff under that gravel.

Alsoalso: Try -378129950

Hey Lyth, since you're so interested in seeds:

The Minecraft Forum's got a whole topic dedicated to interesting ones.

Texture packs! I used to use Painterly, but I've quit for the moment until they get bed textures up. I used to have an HD TRON Legacy pack, too, but then MC updated and I never bothered to get an updated MCPatcher. I might look into the RPG pack or something later today...

I use Painterly, myself. IT updated pretty quick when the update came out. >>

Also: yes, there's a lot of stuff under that gravel.

Alsoalso: Try -378129950

thank you for the link to sand heaven : D

Have you found any seeds with relatively easily accessible lava? I don't use mods because I enjoy finding things as I explore, but... it's getting rather frustrating having NO lava or diamonds anywhere that I can find....

The seed "ghast" spawned me in a desert and I can see a lavafall from my spawn point. That list I posted has a few ideas in it, too.

The seed "ghast" spawned me in a desert and I can see a lavafall from my spawn point. That list I posted has a few ideas in it, too.

*goes to check out*

first impression: omg there are squids

second impression: LAVA!!!!

Sab, 404 has quite a bit of lava. It's just that it's also your only source of light unless you had torches before you punched the gravel. >>

Hey Lyth, since you're so interested in seeds:

The Minecraft Forum's got a whole topic dedicated to interesting ones.

Texture packs! I used to use Painterly, but I've quit for the moment until they get bed textures up. I used to have an HD TRON Legacy pack, too, but then MC updated and I never bothered to get an updated MCPatcher. I might look into the RPG pack or something later today...

I posted in there, that's where I got 404 and Glacier from. I believe on page 8 I have a screenshot of a nice spot I found in one of my seeds. Oops, that wasn't the thread I was thinking of. This thread is better. For one, it's in the seeds forum. XD

By the way, Painterly already has beds and redstone repeater textures out. :3

Edited by Lythiaren