chickenhound

Minecraft!

yep I use mods... though just the texture packs since mac confused me on how to do it... though when I tried on my friend's windows it made things worse xd.png

anyone know where I can find an example castle step by step thing so I can stop being confused on how to go about building one? of course I'd add my own things but I've no clue how to start...

yep I use mods... though just the texture packs since mac confused me on how to do it... though when I tried on my friend's windows it made things worse xd.png

anyone know where I can find an example castle step by step thing so I can stop being confused on how to go about building one? of course I'd add my own things but I've no clue how to start...

well i was planning on making a castle later

the first things i thought about were the general shape, did i want a square or circular castle, the size, the design, enclosed or have a courtyard in the middle

i went with the cartoon style castle, i'd say looking up castles on google is a good way to get fun ideas

i ended up liking just a square castle with each corner being a circular tower and a big courtyard in the middle

I converted a small hill/mountain into a castle, so it's kinda oddly shaped. I'd add a guide/tip here or something, but Darkshadow said pretty much all that's to be said.

Whenever I feel like making a castle, I like to save resources by building it into a hill tongue.gif

+water features

No clue, unfortunately. However, it would be a wise idea to add the two Classic pages to your Favorites list so that they're easily accessed one removed from the front page.

My minecraft file is basically a bunch of different houses in a bunch of different places because I start feeling like doing something new. tongue.gif I need to go build one in the Nether... last time I didn't try very hard and ended up getting attacked. Surprise, surprise.

Whenever I feel like making a castle, I like to save resources by building it into a hill tongue.gif

+water features

I'd conserve resources if I hadn't realized a long time ago that you get so much dirt and stone there's no real point in hoarding them. I use dirt for designing purposes, then replace it with stone. xd.png

As for castles... I can't stand the generic square cartoon castles myself. I'd rather put in all the time and effort to build a palace with halls and rooms and gardens and fountains and stuff. SECRET PASSAGES! >>

Lotus, quick tip: Ghasts can't see through glass, for some reason. To avoid constant Nether home repair, that's what I'd build your place with. Or obsidian, but that's really hard to come by...

My castle, as I said, is oddly shaped. Maybe sometime I'll round or square it up... It has 3 floors, a deck going all around the third, and the roof has some stuff on it, too. Like a minecart station, and a staircase to the sky~

If you're building in the Nether, somehow I don't think the lava would be hard to come by. It'll take a while to gather up all the obsidian from your mold in the overworld, though. xd.png

Thanks. smile.gif

Yeah, my place has a really strange shape too. The first castle I made has this random glass tower sticking out of it, back when it was my personal goal to go as high as you can go. That really isn't hard anymore. At all.

Dew eet!

I had an idea a while ago to build Karazhan. I... I don't know how I'd go about that. I don't even know if a chunk is tall enough to build both Kara proper and upside-down psycho-Kara underneath.

Edited by Lythiaren

Find a flat piece of land, build the normal part straight up, and the other part underground, then clear out all the dirt and stone and whatnot in a general area around the pshyco part.

IwantitIwantitIwantit

But I need some lee-way before asking for another game, since I just got 3 games for Christmas. One was a lot of money. Maybe for my birthday, but since it's in June the best I can do is watch Minecraft Let's Plays. -sigh-

The Minecraft forum has a beggars' thread... If you set up an account there and ask nicely, maybe somebody will give you a paid account?

There's a gift code feature. If someone buys a gift code, they can give it to you so you can play.

The thing is, they only list the price in euros where I see it.

Comes to about $20 after currency conversion.

woop woop, when i bought it in Alpha around Christmas, it was only $10.

However, I'd say it's worth twenty dollars.