chickenhound

Minecraft!

I play it. I have an awesome system for finding diamonds. :3

I already have 2 diamond pickaxes, and 3 unused diamonds.

Edited by R12

I would totally sniper people passing by with a bow, laughing manically if someone made Tenpenny tower in a server I play on.

I play it. I have an awesome system for finding diamonds. :3

I already have 2 diamond pickaxes, and 3 unused diamonds.

How long did it take? Branch mining, vertical shafts or lava cave spelunking? I branch mine and I got... 17 in roughly 2-3 hours of tunneling, including long periods of getting distracted by cave systems I kept hitting. >>

(I still believe strip mining is dumb as it ruins the pretty landscape chunks at a time, for 90% cobblestone)

Edited by Lythiaren

Eh, it lost its appeal for me.

Still a great game though.

so i joined a random server (since my friend's internet is still down)

i found 1 big shaft cave that i'm slightly scared to explore, other than that everything near my cave system is air pockets

i've just been running into my own tunnels, it's such a mess, yet i found 8 diamonds all in the same area ohmy.gif

that's more than i've gotten in all my single player files

it was a pretty nice server except last night we had 2 griefers helping each other out

the one tried to play innocent and then shouted "i stole your items so HA"

but the mod banned them and we fixed up the house that got lava flooded

I don't understand why griefers feel the need to wreck other people's stuff. What do they even see in it?

I don't understand why griefers feel the need to wreck other people's stuff. What do they even see in it?

agreed, the only thing i ever destoyed in minecraft was a couple swastikas in the random classic mode i joined awhile ago

under the rules it said they weren't allowed

it's annoying either way but i personally get more annoyed during survival than classic cause you spent more time on it usually

How long did it take? Branch mining, vertical shafts or lava cave spelunking? I branch mine and I got... 17 in roughly 2-3 hours of tunneling, including long periods of getting distracted by cave systems I kept hitting. >>

(I still believe strip mining is dumb as it ruins the pretty landscape chunks at a time, for 90% cobblestone)

Branch mining. I do it down in the lowest 16 levels though, which is where most diamonds appear. as according to multiple minecraft wiki-type sites.

yup. bedrock is level 5(I believe) and you count up to 16 and then make a branch mine. you have a higher chance of finding diamonds there than anywhere else. :3

At layers 10 and below you have the lava hazard to factor in. I branch mine at layers 12 and 15 (placing layer 16 above my head), which places my feet directly on top of the still lava layer. Bring a bucket of water and lava isn't much of a threat. Instant obsidian floor! :V

I stumbled into a gold mine (not literally) of stuff! Only problem? I FELL INTO THE LAVA AND LOST ALMOST EVERYTHING FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

*sigh* Time to start a new save file :/

I stumbled into a gold mine (not literally) of stuff! Only problem? I FELL INTO THE LAVA AND LOST ALMOST EVERYTHING FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

*sigh* Time to start a new save file :/

that happened on my first file with my first diamonds .__.

everyone in my group of friends has a minecraft enemy, mine is lava

Like I said, bucket of water. Dump near lava, enjoy safe new obsidian floor. c:

Just don't do what I did. I mined through a block and didn't look where I was going, and fell through a hole that was under said block. I was two blocks under the obsidian... in the lava underneath. D'oh!

Good thing I'd stored all my diamonds and other goodies right before I mined that branch, all I lost was like... three iron picks, some torches and a shovel. And my bucket, but I just made another one and filled it in the nearby ocean before dropping into the shaft again.

A good way to mine obsidian is to dig one square next to it, and fill it with water. Then get into the water, and dig out the obsidian. It cools the lava, as well as saving the obsidian from melting. Once the water stops, go get it and restart, from a closer location :3

Even if you do catch fire, the water will put you out biggrin.gif

edit: I found an awesome mod for single player, it gives you a minimap in your top righthand corner!!!

here

if you're on Windows XP/Vista/7, dl the auto installer, run it no matter if it says it's dangerous or not(it's not) dl the minimap Mod fixer thing (2) and then the minimap mod (1)

Idk how to do it on other operating systems but it's in there

Edited by Getpwned

...I... HATE... LAVA.

I was making a nice wittle downwards miney thing, I had 7 Diamonds, 20-odd Steel/Iron and a LOT of Redstone, and I fell into lava.

Damn my Minecraft life.

But does anyone know how to successfully set up a SMP server? I've done everything I need to do, but nothing seems to work.

I'm confused about the buying part.

If you buy it during beta, do you just get beta with no new stuff after it's released, or do you still get the bonuses after it's released? Because I really need to stretch my dollar.

If you buy during beta, you get the full game when it's finished, as well as (obviously) bug fixes. Basically, you're getting 25% off the full game by getting it now. If Notch decides to make/release any expansions, you will have to buy those if you want them. Only people who bought it before beta will get expansions for free.

Edited by Lythiaren

Minecraft has been a real jerk for me lately, and I'm not sure how to fix it (and my brother is absolutely no help at all).

Anyhow, this game is so neat. I love watching videos on it, watching my brother play it, and messing around in new worlds lots. Great times.

Edited by shortyhooz

I will soon be a part of the SPA. (Slime Protection Agency)

Once I get Minecraft that is.

Got the game, and I'm addicted already c: .

Hey, I have a pretty cool save file, with a leetle house thing on it :3

If anyone wants it, I can upload it and you guys can download it =D

However, if you do, there's a couple little stables that you can ignore because I have a mod and there's horses in them on my World that probably won't on yours unless you have the mod.

Mo' monsters? xd.png

Argh, I have this nice save on my desktop where I spawn in the middle of a frozen lake. I don't know what I should do with it; I've dug out the side of a low hill for a base and recently finished the level 12 branch mine under it (lololol 50+ diamonds), but I can't decide what to do now. I suppose I should set up the branches at layer 15, but then what? :x

Since weather is still disabled, I don't want to go digging up all the pretty snow above my current base. I already feel bad for digging up the snow on my spawn block, around my base, and to make spaces for trees, but I'm based in the middle of a gigantic snow biome so I don't know if I should build a proper home out here or move. :x

aww, I messed up the world I told you about. If you want, I can make a world for you guys/gals where you spawn in a little tower with some chests and building materials (if you want a good position at start with some materials)