chickenhound

Minecraft!

I love playing on PVP / RP multiplayer servers.

I hate when updates break servers and every plugin they were using and server admins take forever to update!

My boyfriend bought me Minecraft yesterday. c:

And since I am a big baby wimp, I keep it on peaceful. Doesn't stop me from blocking myself in somewhere whenever night starts to fall. And running away from a spot I've been digging in whenever I start hearing creepy music. ;____;

I AM SO SILLY.

I toggle between Peaceful and Easy, depending on how dark it is IRL, if I'm home alone, or if there's a building project I'm doing that I wanna finish quickly.

So 1.4 is up, and of the things promised to me, only the cookies work. No stats, no achievements, sleeping in my bed didn't reset my spawnpoint, and I haven't found a single wolf yet. Maybe I'll be able to locate one today...

I had the same problem with the bed respawn. I was really looking forward to that part of the update, since I kind of like to wander around and explore. Alas. dry.gif

A pair of wolves did come down from the mountains and I managed to tame them with the stockpile of bones I had been saving up. Of course, when I logged back in this morning I had three instead of two. huh.gif

I've found a wolf. It was in a forest biome. Try forest and taiga.

I'm absolutely panicked with joy and fear because I play on peaceful and thus have no connection to any bones. sad.gif But then again, one one of my save files I waited a night on easy/normal/hard and I found some bones and mushed them into bonemeal to feed my crops.

Looked around my local forest, found no wolves. So then I got Single Player Commands 1.4 and spawned four of the beasts. I named them Balto, Jenna, Aleu, and Kodi. SO ORIGINAL

While my boyfriend was running around on my server yesterday, he found a wolf. It was going on a sheep genocide. GFBGFBFGT. Poor sheepsies.

Edited by MellaBella

Pfft, for bones I just perch on my roof and set it to easy or normal for the night. After all the undead burn up, I set it to peaceful if there are any creepers nearby, or if there are no spiders... or if I don't feel like making a 1-wide hole in the wall to safely punch the spiders from inside my house. Then I just run around and pick up all the arrows and bones and feathers. :V

Working on digging out a mob spawning room with an elevator though, soon I'll be setting up a good drowner, lighting up the area and building my base around it. XD

For wolves I just wander around. I've found four now; I didn't have enough bones on me (I only had the ones I'd picked up that morning) so I couldn't tame the fourth. It had spawned in a group of three, and I'd tamed the other two... so I punched it and had its former packmates kill it. >>

I should feel like a terrible person, but then I remembered they're just pixels and I already punch the livestock that spawn around my base. XD

Edited by Lythiaren

I wonder how wolves will work in multiplayer. Once the server I play on gets updated that is...

Well, it's updated, I couldn't play on my un-updated client any more, it's just not online now! I guess that's a good sign, maybe the mods have to be reinstalled. I hope everything still works right once it is.

I feel like this shouldn't happen...

user posted image

Anyway, it is quite fun to go hunting with wolves. I can finally get my revenge on cows... They've been drowning under my bridge and making excessive amounts of noise. Stupid cows.

Oh! I also encountered a brown sheep and a grey sheep the other day. I'd only seen black and white ones before, so it was kind of cool.

Edit: Sorry about the white space under the image. I'm not quite sure how it got there.

Edited by CrimsonKingie

So what mods do you guys have downloaded, if any? :D

Once it is updated (hopefully), I want to download the Biome mod. It makes everything so.. AMAZING. Here is a screenshot fffft. (The fancy item thing is a different mod.) And here is where you can download iiiiit.

As of right now, I don't have any mods, but that is one that I would REALLY like.

Edited by MellaBella

Minecraft is so boring looking. Yet I pleasantly find I enjoy the EPIC boringness that is mincraft. I've watched many mincraft videos and now I want it. What I really love about mincraft is how something so plain or seemingly useless can create EPIC buildings and sculptures or even just everyday tools and essentials you may need. What seems to be a boring, low quality game (the graphics are definitely not the best in the world) allows the player to be more intuitive than even some higher quality games.

Epic boringness? I guess it is really boring if you don't have any mods and you leave it on peaceful.

But if you put it on easy to hard and have mods that add different features (more creatures, different creatures, different scenery, different items, etc etc) then it gets pretty darn exciting. Still tedious (obviously), but definitely not boring.

I watch someone on YouTube.. SlyFoxHound. Has videos for all sorts of games, but I love his Minecraft videos. He has mods that add in aggressive aliens, crocodiles that shoot out bombs, foxes, rabbits, guinea pigs (which he can befriend and have an army of), horses (which he can tame and breed into unicorns and pegasus), and a mod that I mentioned in my last post that allows the areas to look AAAAMAZING.

..yeah, he dies a lot. Especially when he had it on hard. :V He always had to go all the way back to go get his diamond armor/tools/weapons. And then he'd die again. TEEHEE.

Epic boringness? I guess it is really boring if you don't have any mods and you leave it on peaceful.

But if you put it on easy to hard and have mods that add different features (more creatures, different creatures, different scenery, different items, etc etc) then it gets pretty darn exciting. Still tedious (obviously), but definitely not boring.

I watch someone on YouTube.. SlyFoxHound. Has videos for all sorts of games, but I love his Minecraft videos. He has mods that add in aggressive aliens, crocodiles that shoot out bombs, foxes, rabbits, guinea pigs (which he can befriend and have an army of), horses (which he can tame and breed into unicorns and pegasus), and a mod that I mentioned in my last post that allows the areas to look AAAAMAZING.

..yeah, he dies a lot. Especially when he had it on hard. :V He always had to go all the way back to go get his diamond armor/tools/weapons. And then he'd die again. TEEHEE.

I meant tedious but boring was all that came to mind X/

Link?

To the videos? Sure. :D

The numbers skip around a bit, don't mind that.

Oh, he likes using bad language vfghufjhv.

Edited by MellaBella

So what mods do you guys have downloaded, if any? biggrin.gif

Once it is updated (hopefully), I want to download the Biome mod. It makes everything so.. AMAZING. Here is a screenshot fffft. (The fancy item thing is a different mod.) And here is where you can download iiiiit.

As of right now, I don't have any mods, but that is one that I would REALLY like.

I used to have Mo' Creatures, Mo' Foodz, and Mob Spawner GUI.

And then there was a bluescreen. ;3;

I only used Mo' Foodz for about five seconds before I uninstalled it, but shrug.

I looove Mo' Creatures. The horses are so frikin' great. I had gotten a Black Pegasus before my compy died. >.>

Me and my friends are working on an underground town in our private Minecraft server. It looks awesome so far! We're nearly done with the residential area (just two more B-type apartments, one of which has been started on). After we finish that, we plan to move on to the commercial district, which will include a shop row and a large, cavernous park/farm. Here are some pictures:

This is the entrance building. Non-descript looking, no?

A look at the tunnel leading to the town.

At the bottom of the tunnel, looking out.

Walking forward a bit and turning around, you get this view.

The town hall!

Inside the town hall. The rules will go up on the far wall.

As you can see, the commercial district hasn't even been started on.

...But in the other direction is the residential district.

Here's a look at my customized A-type apartment. It looks better with my texture pack.

And here's a default A-type apartment.

Bottom floor of the default A-type apartment.

At the end of the residential district tunnel, there's this water feature. It doesn't look quite right, though. Any suggestions?

Here's a default B-type apartment. It has about the same space as an A-type apartment, but all on one floor.

The bedroom...

And the kitchen.

What do you think? You'd better like it, 'cause writing all this out was a pain.

I can see the hard work. OH, and symmetry. Symmetry. Is. <3

When I finally get it EVERYTHING I build will be symmetrical and/or even. *has major OCD about symmetry and/or things being even* I especially love seeing symmetry in others creations. Kudos to you for doing so.

oh, and thanks mella :3

You're welcooome. :D I hope you find it as funny as I do.

You're welcooome. biggrin.gif I hope you find it as funny as I do.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I just watched the episode where he got his new world and... I had really given up on ever finding that video again. That video was the video that made me go WOW! I must get mincraft. His world is just... <3 I lost the video when my PS3 decided to be a jackass and freeze NOT saving the video to my history. I'm SO happy to be able to watch the video again. Thank you.

I got Minecraft awhile ago, and I haven't been able to put it down since xd.png.

Just found this video xd.png.

Anyways... At the moment I'm working on a bit of a castle, so to speak, but its not going to be very big...

On the outside.

I plan to make it a few stories deep :u.

And, eventually, replace *most* of the stone with obsidian.

If I ever find any diamond @___@'''.

I got Minecraft awhile ago, and I haven't been able to put it down since xd.png.

Just found this video xd.png.

Anyways... At the moment I'm working on a bit of a castle, so to speak, but its not going to be very big...

On the outside.

I plan to make it a few stories deep :u.

And, eventually, replace *most* of the stone with obsidian.

If I ever find any diamond @___@'''.

You don't need diamond :3 All you need is a base made out of some dirt or easily destroyable material, lava, and water. Lay out the lava so it is still not moving (This is what the base is for). After that pour the water on top and remove it. You should have obsidian. There are plenty of videos that show this method though usually used to make portals, you can use the method to make anything.

Still water + flowing lava = cobblestone

Sill lava + flowing water = obsidian

Unless somethings changed that I don't know about...

I might have never played minecraft but I've sure as hell've watched a TON of videos so when I finally do play my only hinderance will be to figure out the controls and master them :3

Etho has a lot of really neat inventions if you want to check them out. I built his mob spawning room and lit up the hillsides, now all my mobs conveniently pour out of a little hole in the ground. xd.png

Actually, CWG, the only pickaxe capable of mining obsidian is a diamond pickaxe... So yeah, diamonds are pretty much required. :B