chickenhound

Minecraft!

wow thoes graphics really suck huh?

I honestly get a little irked when people pass off Minecraft just because of its graphics. It isn't about the graphics, and I also get pretty irked when people pass off ANY game just because they don't like the graphics.

I mean, I can't think of a way Minecraft could be playable in the same fashion as it is now WITHOUT the blocked graphics. I honestly really like the sprite style-block graphics.

There are always texture packs, especially the 64 x 64 or higher ones, that can make the game look very good.

And I agree with MellaBella, I think the graphics give the game that fun and unique feel for me. <3

And even just the untextured, default graphics of the game can look nice. I remember I thought the worlds looked really pretty after the updates that added the smooth shading and enhanced sunset. And the overhead shot of the scenery from the 'this is Minecraft' video looked great.

I pass on games if they try to up their graphics and fail miserably at it, to be honest. It's one thing to design your characters in a specific style, it's another thing entirely to simply fail at graphics.

The thing with Minecraft is it doesn't try to make the graphics good at all. The retro style is deliberate. I just wish they'd change the cobble texture.

Never really tried minecraft before, but I don't think graphics are and issue when the gameplay is good. Maybe i'll try it later this summer.

The simple graphics are part of what make MineCraft, MineCraft. It focused on gameplay and total awesomeness, and I personally like the graphics. The fact that Notch doesn't have to make the graphics all fancy and such lets him focus on gameplay features. And the graphics still kick censorkip.gif.

And the blocks make it simple and playable. Can you imagine if MineCraft WASN'T made of blocks? It wouldn't make sense. How would you make things? I can't imagine how many glitches there would be. How would everything fit together? It would be infinitely more difficult to make it as playable as it is now if it wasn't made with blocks and cubes.

On a slightly related note I don't know why everyone hates the look of Cobblestone. I like how it looks. Everyone says "Oh, it's so ugly" and stuff but I disagree.

I think the cobblestone looks fine, too. /shrug

I don't like how Obsidian looks, though... I dunno why. Is it just me?

The main reason I use a texture pack is because I don't like the cobble texture. The contrast is way too high, so when I look at it all I see is squiggles on gray. :|

Jumping on the bandwagon here a biiiit late but whatever. tongue.gif

I too have gotten hooked into this game! And I think I'm one of the few who doesn't use mods...or any of these other edit programs. At most, the only thing I've done outside of what the game gives you from the start, is me being an op on my multiplayer server (which in turn lets me spawn almost any item I want and change the time of day and what not). However I do have another multiplayer server that's got a strict rule of 'survival' and all but nether items must be gotten the traditional way.

The traditional server preview...(since everyone's doing it)

user posted image

And the 'Castle' server (the one I spawn items on)

user posted image

That looks great happy.gif

Is anyone intrested in a "Fleashy" look on MC?

Or Abandoned?

@Cmodude: There was a topic in the MC forum about a person wanting blocks removed.

5 days, 15 pages later, still going.

Found this on youtube.

It's Studio Ghibli + Minecraft

Link to video

I'm still looking where my yaw fell...

Edit:

This has got to be the coolest mod ever. I feel dizzy just watching this laugh.gif

Edited by Cybele

Minecraft 1.6 is coming out! Yay!

This is one of the changes that Notch made in 1.6. (From the change list on Notch's Tumblr.)

* Fixed dispenser graphics being one pixel off. ONE PIXEL!!!

ONE PIXEL. Cuz Notch is just too awesome to have it one pixel off.

Minecraft 1.6 is coming out!  Yay!

This is one of the changes that Notch made in 1.6.  (From the change list on Notch's Tumblr.)

ONE PIXEL.  Cuz Notch is just too awesome to have it one pixel off.

YEAAH!! >:D

I never have actually used Dispensers before. Infact, I don't think I've ever even had one in my inventory...

I really don't use the Redstone stuff much, in general. I hardly have any idea how it works. I've seen some pretty cool stuff pulled off with it though, especially with Note Blocks.

I think what I'm looking forward to the most in 1.6 is not the fixes themselves, or the maps, or SMP Nether. No, what I'm looking forward to is how people will adjust to all the bug fixes. Water elevators are being nerfed; submerged boats tomorrow are not going to rise nearly as fast as they do today. Glitch boosters? Non-functional. SW quirk? Corrected.

I look forward to seeing how well people adjust to the water elevator changes, and new cart booster systems with the improved powered rail.

Mineeeeeecrafttttt most awesome game for mac and pc yet.

I have a house made of gold in the sky and a house in the middle of the desert. :3

ah, what did everyone else think of the new releases?

*trap door, map, cobweb.. etc*

I've made light use of the Trapdoors. I'm not a big trap/redstone/what-have-you person, so I just used them to cover the 1 block wide openings I use in my house to get to my basement and roof.

I also haven't used the Maps yet, either. XD; Nor have I seen any Spider Webs.

The only glitch-fix that's affected me so far is the fact that fences will burn, now (as I had some fenceposts placed nearby a lava pool surrounding my home). It kinda irked me, but eh. I never used the water elevators or glitch boosters or whatnot. Infact, I don't think I've ever stepped into a Minecart before...

Oh, and I always find it really interesting when people use Note Blocks like that. I've seen Note Block versions of Want You Gone as well. All of them are pretty much great. XD

Edited by Switch

*working on a drawbridge with the new trapdoors*

I just made a mob grinder. Works good.

And only today I ran into 6 dungeons. In my world total of 11.

They originated from a failed pig model.

In my opinion minecraft is the best game EVER.

I love it.

And I found an awesome world. It's seed is 5+5=10

wierd isn't it?

They originated from a failed pig model.

I've heard about that, but I still think they look so wrong.

I've heard about that, but I still think they look so wrong.

Well, they ARE a monster. They're not supposed to look pretty. ;P

Yesterday I brought my computer to Zach's house, since his computer pretty much exploded. He played Minecraft, made a new world, made a house, explored.. and then got lost. FOR FOUR HOURS. The world was 20 MB by the time he finally gave up and made a map so he could find his way back. >___< He refused to make a new house anywhere. He wanted his original house. Goodness.

And two hours into his.. "exploration", the computer was all like "OH GAWD I'M DYING" and was sooo slow. Zach checked the task manager, and Minecraft was using up ONE MILLION MEMORY. Yeah. Not even joking.

Yeah, games do that. I once caused an overload when I accidentally opened two of my steam games during maintenance which involves defragging and virus scans.

On topic: How do you get minecraft?

14.95? I donut know if I have enough in my card.

I'm not going back to fix that.