chickenhound

Minecraft!

NEWWWW UPDAAAAAATE!!!!

New addition charcoal

Note Blocks (right click to tune, trigger to play)

15 wool dyes

A new water dwelling mob (Squid)

New tree types (Birch, Pine)

Reeds magically turned into sugar canes. They still make paper.

A bunch of new crafting recipes

One secret useful block (Dispenser)

One secret pretty block (Sandstone block)

Cake

Sugar - Crafted from Sugar Cane

Default furnaces given new look

Bones added to the drop table, exclusively for skeleton archers.

Bones can be crafted into Bonemeal.

New gray, light gray, and black sheep. Drop correspondingly colored wool.

Tools made out of stone and wood are now twice as durable.

New ore type (Lapis Lazuli)

Spiders can climb up walls.

Mob Spawners now show a rotating model inside of what they spawn

Wheat Seeds might be harvested more often when plowing grass blocks.

Bugfixes:

Paintings work in multiplayer

Disconnecting while riding no longer keeps the player in the world

A bunch more state is properly synched in multiplayer

Fixed colors going weird on PowerPC

Fixed a horrible chunk reload loop in singleplayer

Fixed most lighting bugs in newly generated SMP maps

Falling sand behaves better in SMP

Fixed a few crash on load level bugs

Jack-O-Lantern now has correct tooltip.

Sheep now visibly lose their wool when hit.

UPDATE

SQUIDS

NOTE BLOCKS

CAKE

WOOL DYES

... SQUIDS

I admit to having a very strong desire to dye all the nearby sheep purple. >>

Dispensers would also make very handy traps. Make a narrow corridor, hide dispensers filled with arrows in wall (they can shoot through 1-block walls), hook up said dispensers to stone pressure plates. :>

Edited by Lythiaren

Ahhh MineCraft is a game I learned to love.

It is the perfect mix from Open World and Survival with little Aspects

of Resident Evil (Stupid Zombies biggrin.gif)

Woho I have an Alpha-Account!

and my own 4 Slots server

Man, my favorite world error-ed and died yesterday. ;w;

The world I started in its place was also snowy, though, so Minecraft seems to be trying to comfort me. The tower I'm building to replace my old castle is also right against a frozen lake, with hills on one side and woods on another... Each floor of the tower has a differently-coloured carpet. I'm calling it the Tower of Rainbows~

EDIT: Also! Has anybody encountered a squid yet? All my water's frozen over, so I haven't gotten around to finding any.

Edited by panic_at_the_disco

I've found some, they like to chill at the bottoms of lakes and stuff.

Has anyone used the ambient occlusion mod? It also comes with a minimap mod and one other I can't remember - good stuff!

Has anyone here found Lapis Lazuli yet?It's rarer than diamond,btw.

There's absolutely NONE of it on my newly-generated world.I used cartographer and found out there's none.

Cartograph has been wonky since about a week into Beta and hasn't been fixed. Mine just crashes when I hit the render button now, so I don't think it's wise to place much weight in its scan just yet. In fact, reading up on the forum tells me it's not updated to look for the new blocks yet.

And the only reason I found diamond before lapis lazuli was because I stumbled across it in a cave on my new map; I then promptly located a large vein while carving out the center of my new branch mine. The stuff isn't as rare as diamond, there's debate about that but it's leaning toward it being half as rare (ie. twice as common), partly because it also has twice the layer spread. There's a claim that Notch made it as common as redstone.

Edited by Lythiaren

I found 21 Lapis biggrin.gif

Still no diamond tho.... D:

Oh,and LOTS of lava.AND I found a dungeon under ONE MINUTE of generating a new world biggrin.gif

And a pumpkin patch above the dungeon,and in front of my spawn,and a cactus in front of my spawn,all KINDS of stuff!

Edited by bmrjw

I think so far my favorite thing about the update is using sand to create solid building blocks. Now I can actually make a desert fortress or a sand castle.

Does anyone use any mod programs? I use MCEdit, but that's pretty much it.

I made 2 'igloos', one with a glass roof and attacking area. One emergency sand fort (Though it's really flawed with a low roof) also with glass roof. I also went pyro and used F&S to burn down some of the trees I planted. But I left a burning wood block floating as a sort of tower. Mostly I play on peaceful, but when I tried to trap a creeper that froze it blew up a crater and scared the heck out of me.

:| I build my sandcastles out of sand, damnit. I have 24 blocks of sandstone in the entire thing, and that's just to hold up the towers because of the way I did them. I also have glass walkways on top of the towers.

Well, I made my first portal in an attempt to get out of this cave I got myself lost in. I'm still lost in the cave because so far the portals I've tried building in the Nether have just taken me back to my original portal. sleep.gif

..!

Squids creep me out so much, when I took away their water and got too close to their tentacles I nearly jumped out of me skin. And I've hit lava.

..!

Squids creep me out so much, when I took away their water and got too close to their tentacles I nearly jumped out of me skin. And I've hit lava.

But... but I love squids! Especially when I have Sophisticraft so they swim around in fancy swimwear!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Never again will I try to jump a gap over lava.

My spawn is miles away from my home, now I'm lost. I thought I could jump it since I did before.

Well, I made my first portal in an attempt to get out of this cave I got myself lost in.  I'm still lost in the cave because so far the portals I've tried building in the Nether have just taken me back to my original portal.  sleep.gif

Iron + redstone, make compass. Follow arrow.

Alternately, if you're building portals all over the place in the Nether and still coming out the same portal, try building them farther out.

Edited by Lythiaren

7sharps, are you by chance using a skin that is a creeper in a business suit? My friend is using the same one.

Well, now I'm even more lost than I was before. I saved in the Nether near my portals (or rather, my one portal and my accidentally failed one) because I'd accidentally started building my other portal wrong and wanted to finish taking it down later, and then when I loaded that save back up, both my functional portal and my fail pile of obsidian had apparently decided to go AWOL. And I can't build another portal now because I only have three obsidian in my inventory. Maybe I'd just gotten turned around or something, I dunno, but I've already been wandering the Nether for a while looking for my portal... D:

Edited by PollyCockatrice

OMG. I can't believe I just discovered this thread!

I LOVE MINECRAFT x3 I used to just play classic multiplayer (On a server called D3m0n's freebuild-- anyone go on there?)

Recently (well, no, before the Beta release) I got Alpha (which was called alpha then) and I moved to a new server..."Spherecraft:9000" :3 It's an epic game...=D