chickenhound

Minecraft!

Actually, CWG, the only pickaxe capable of mining obsidian is a diamond pickaxe... So yeah, diamonds are pretty much required. :B

I'm not saying MINE obsidian. I'm saying MAKE obsidian. MUCH easier and MUCH quicker than finding diamond then spending the time to mine the obsidian.

You use the same technique used in

this^ video (stone can be substituted with dirt) but you'd need to tweak it a bit to fit whatever it is you want to make. (Yes you need to find the lava but it is so much easier to find lava than it is to find diamond.)

Edited by crazywargod

Well, you can make obsidian easily, sure. But how are you going to get it out of the ground and where you want it without a diamond pickaxe? xP

Well, you can make obsidian easily, sure. But how are you going to get it out of the ground and where you want it without a diamond pickaxe? xP

You make the obsidian where you want it placed. If you watch the video he makes the fail-portal (fail because he messed up) without diamond.

The only forseeable problem is if you mess up. Once you cool the obsidian it's permanent unless you do have diamond. The solution? DON'T MESS UP! tongue.gif

You can still get rid of the obsidian, it'll just take fifty seconds and you won't get anything.

You can still get rid of the obsidian, it'll just take fifty seconds and you won't get anything.

Do you mean punch it? I didn't think you could punch through obsidian.

I do have another question. Can bedrock be mined/destroyed-in-any-way?

I know it is the toughest material in the game so if you can mine it you would need teh diamond pick but I don't know if you actually can mine it.

I don't think you can mine/destroy bedrock, I tried hitting it with a diamond pick for a bit and it didn't show any "breaking" animation.

tnt didn't work either d:

I don't think you can mine/destroy bedrock, I tried hitting it with a diamond pick for a bit and it didn't show any "breaking" animation.

TNT doesn't even work on obsidian let alone bedrock XP

EDIT: Okay, TNT DOES, in-fact, work on obsidian, BUT you need a TON of it for just ONE block. So much so that you risk crashing your game making it worthless.

Edited by crazywargod

Got the game last night, and was so into it that before I knew it, it was 4:30 in the morning. I'm really having fun playing it, even though I tend to run the other direction when I hear creepy music while trying to mine xd.png.

In the process of making my house bigger, though I need to get more Bricks first smile.gif. I found a bunch of Clay from the beach, so it shouldn't take too long(I found six 64 stacks of it happy.gif).

It takes roughly 360,000 blocks of TNT to break a single block of bedrock. Not only is it impossible to get that much in one place, but your computer would crash.

Also, the reason bedrock is unbreakable is because it has a hardness of -1. Blocks break when damage done matches the hardness, and damage always goes up from 0, therefore it's impossible to break.

It takes roughly 360,000 blocks of TNT to break a single block of bedrock. Not only is it impossible to get that much in one place, but your computer would crash.

Also, the reason bedrock is unbreakable is because it has a hardness of -1. Blocks break when damage done matches the hardness, and damage always goes up from 0, therefore it's impossible to break.

Thanks for that info :3

Obsidian can be destroyed with your bare hands, but like I said it will take 50 seconds or so.

Obsidian can be destroyed with your bare hands, but like I said it will take 50 seconds or so.

I see. Thanks :3

So. I make a new world. I turn the camera about 45 degrees to the right and, BAM! 8 wolves. I broke my code of no-hax and spawned some bones.

Hee-hee.

This is gonna be fun.

Oh Minecraft, if only my CRUEL, controlling parents would let me buy you...

When I get Minecraft, I'll make a base in the side of a mountain, a floating city, a castle on the water... I'll have a gold house with a diamond roof...

Sorry, was I daydreaming again?

Anyway, I really want Minecraft. REALLY BADLY.

If you break obsidian with anything other than a Diamond Pick, it won't drop a block of obsidian. :\ I had hoped Gold pickaxes would work, since gold tools are actually FASTER than diamond (but they break faster than wood :| that's a downside) but they apparently aren't good enough. :\

Edited by Cmodude

Protip for using gold tools, particularly for obsidian: use the gold pick until it's about to break and then quickly swap to your diamond pick. It will take up the durability of the diamond pick, but you're using the speed of the gold one.

just dug a small shaft down to bedrock. Digging around looking for lava : / still none....

You're probably just in a pocket with no lava, dig out a branch mine at layer 12 and you're bound to run into some.

now digging on level 12. so far nothing. Will the lava be underneath, or above me?

If your head is at layer 12, the lava lakes will be right on the level you're standing on.

so the fact that I'm at layer 12.6 means I should go down one?

You're at the right level. One down would mean if you encounter lava, it will pour into your legs.

oh. okay. must keep looking then. so far I've found a giant pool of water with a single block of lava pouring into it. And eight diamonds. And lots of redstone. building a music box to play the ncis theme song..... most productive use of redstone ever....

Edited by Layn

Sweet old minecraft, since my computer went kaput I couldn't play it. But now I can!

Hmm, redstone? The only productive thing I've made with that is... A clock.

So, question. What kind of things are you guys planning to build? And to those who have already built things what have you built? If you could show pictures that would be awesome but isn't necessary.