chickenhound

Minecraft!

Well, now I'm even more lost than I was before.  I saved in the Nether near my portals (or rather, my one portal and my accidentally failed one) because I'd accidentally started building my other portal wrong and wanted to finish taking it down later, and then when I loaded that save back up, both my functional portal and my fail pile of obsidian had apparently decided to go AWOL.  And I can't build another portal now because I only have three obsidian in my inventory.  Maybe I'd just gotten turned around or something, I dunno, but I've already been wandering the Nether for a while looking for my portal... D:

You do have a way back. >>

If you die in the nether, it spawns a portal in the nearest appropriate area in the Nether. This portal leads as close as possible to the corresponding location in the overworld.

If you want to keep your items, find some pigmen and flatten out a large space to spawn the portal, and then punch one of the piggies. If you let them kill you, you can go wandering in the overworld until you find the new portal. Notch said items won't disappear if the chunk is unloaded (the entire Nether is unloaded if you're not in it), so you can take your time reclaiming your things. :>

Just try not to do it too far underground, you don't want your portal to end up spawned at the bottom of a cave or something. Then you'll get lost again. D:

Edited by Lythiaren

I actually have been considering putting my items in a chest and then dying. But then I'd have to actually find the overworld portal after respawning, and that could take a while if it ends up on a chunk I haven't been to yet... I'll probably do it anyway and hope I can find it. Actually, I think I'll go ahead and do that.

Edit: Maybe not just yet. It's 3 AM, I just switched out of Peaceful (which is what I always play on because I'm a wimp), and it's scary to start hearing weird sounds without seeing whatever's making them. And it's 3 AM.

Edited by PollyCockatrice

Ah, I was somehow under the impression you didn't have any wood for a chest. That makes life slightly less difficult. Got any cobble on you? Could build yourself a clearly unNetherly space there so you can spot it from a distance, and just jump off a nearby cliff so you splatter near the door. Or like I said before, you could punch a pigman for a quicker death. Bonus in that ghasts can't see you through the cobble, unless you want one to set you on fire to die that way.

EDIT: The sounds are like a mix between a cat purring and a baby cooing, right? That's the Ghast sound. They're huge and they spit exploding fireballs. You can hit those fireballs back at them, but it's delicate and if you hit one and manage to bonk the Ghast back with it, it shrieks.

Edited by Lythiaren

7sharps, are you by chance using a skin that is a creeper in a business suit? My friend is using the same one.

That's the one. Love it.

ok i have heard a lot of good thing about mine craft but what is. is it free and were do get it?

A few words. Discount. Beta. A select time only. Money. Classic. Free.

It is good. I've heard a few stories of something called 'Herobrine.' (a.k.a: A thing with default character skin with white eyes that isn't real, but is creepy.)

www.minecraft.net.

Herobrine was just a hoax, and Notch said outright that he'll never add him in. Asking about him on the official forums will only be met with either trolls or massive collective facepalm. Or both.

On the topic of money, I wonder just how much these two Alpha codes I have will be worth if I sold them... Maybe I'll wait til release.

What can I say, I'm naive and paranoid.

EDIT: Mo' Creatures. Just installed it.

Edited by rainpeltstar

It can be awkward to see flashes of color out of the corner of your eyes while you're mining, yeah, but you're not going to find Herobrine.

On the topic of mining, I found stacks of Redstone just sitting there and found some iron to mine it with. Though I'm terrible at redstone wiring.

I ignore redstone for the most part, myself. There's just so much of it. :x

I pick it up and go OGOD WHY when I have ungodly amounts of it in several chests across the land.

I need coal and iron ingots badly.

I keep a portion of redstone in my chest underground and on the surface.

Any of you have Mo' Creatures mod?

rain, I had mo' creatures but I'm not going to reinstall it until I'm sure that there won't be any surprise updates for a while. I'm tired of finding unicorns and then losing them because of an update.

I do tunnel/branch mining, where I dig a 1x2 hole and dig straight until I find things. I only get redstone if I encounter it that way tongue.gif

Also, I found an epic mod called MineColony.

Edited by Getpwned

....dang Ghast.... found it in my house (real world not nether) and I happened to spawn next to it... guess who died when it burned itself? Me. It shot at me. ....now the portal's gone and way far away from my house xd.png

I've gone and got myself into a hyped-up state about minecraft beta because it seems so fun (in survival mode). Unfortunately, my parents won't let me get it until I reach a math goal by Feb. 21. Ah, well, at least it's a good motivation source.

How do I uninstall it? I need to do it because I get a black screen ever since I downloaded a mod. D:

If I ever had to choose one game to ever play again, it would be Minecraft. There's just so much to do. biggrin.gif

xd.png I dig a hole that I was busy digging yesterday... stick a bomb down there, go find a creeper, jump down the hole and blow us both up! I lived! (somehow...) and then zombies got me... it was a deep hole... deep dark hole that wasn't so dark when the sun was out (which I though I would be able to get out of it before dark- nope!) so now I'm back in my unfinished castle house with a huge pit around it and no monsters are stupid enough to fall down so I can fight then down there instead dry.gif

fun, isn't it? xd.png

I remember hoarding a crap-tonne of tnt, digging a 1-wide hole from surface to bedrock, filling it all back up with tnt, tapping it and running like hell.

Result was something not unlike a sinkhole, and many a monster left its goodies at the bottom for me to collect. biggrin.gif

.....monsters won't show up in any really dark and big hole I made... even on hard (which I usually play on easy or normal) but they show up around the hole! dry.gif

I found an in-game inventory editor that can be toggled on/off biggrin.gif

I'll post a link if anyone wants.