chickenhound

Minecraft!

I love doing that! It's fun trying to hold up the cieling and make it look nice, though you can always just make a solid layer of blocks, but that's boring.

I build those but I build em small and low enough that i can have a sandstone ceiling and have very little sand hit me.

That's no fun, you gotta try building them with a lot of horizontal square footage and one layer below the surface. It's tougher, but rewarding, and you don't need an overly lone staircase to get to it either.

I just use ladders and get low enough to get below the sand and make one. I don't do this that much because if I live in the desert I build a house above ground. I really need people to get online on my Xbox so i have someone to talk to while I build my underground castle. I don't enjoy building on minecraft alone.

I've played minecraft for nearly 2 years. During that time, Mojang added many features, but sometimes I think they add too many things. Especially last update.

I think minecraft beta 1.7.3 was best version. Someone can not agree about this. This is just my opinion.

Edited by sh20000sh

I need some help on Xbox 360 edition. Any of you have an Xbox? I can't think of what to do for my blacksmith. It looks so boring. Also my kitchen needs an upgrade because I normally just build a house with what I need never anything elaborate with multiple rooms. If so can you pm me.

Edited by thomasgold19

Just ideas for my blacksmith and kitchen. They aren't looking too good. I really need blacksmith though. Also this is for Xbox and I have no idea how to do screenshots and stuff on it.

Edited by thomasgold19

Well, we can't help that much if we are working blind.

Example, from my survival world:

user posted image

user posted image

You can clearly tell the design of my farm from this simple overview. I made the most out of the limited space that comes with living in a mountain biome, settling for a compact, yet pleasing design in two halves.

Here's another build of mine:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I had found a perfectly straight ravine, and the front faces of the columns were already in place. I just excavated the interior of the hall to either side.

With the screenshots, I am able to clearly identify what I am describing, and what I need, if anything. Without knowing what you have to work with, it's hard to give you any help in designing a forge or kitchen.

Edited by sailing101

Ok I am going to give this a shot. They are bout about 8 by 6 rooms that are 3 tall and then have a pyramid type ceiling. I need ideas for decorating them

First, the forge,

user posted image

The simpler of the two, the hoppers and chests are for mass smelting of ores.

The lava is just decoration, and there is little danger of falling in.

Now the kitchen

user posted image

This one will take slightly linger to explain.

the floor is alternating sandstone and black stained hardened clay. in the far corner is a fridge created by placing an iron block on a dropper, with a door in front of it, all operated by a button. The hopper is a trash bin.

Both rooms are lit by Redstone lamps in the ceiling.

Thanks a bunch! Those are really helpful. I have no redstone lamps though but most of the rest of it I can do.

Hey I would like to know if anyone is really good at making skins. I am hopeless. I need the Johto's Elite Four, Karen, skin. I have become admin and Elite four spot on a server and I'm required to have a skin. Please PM me if you wanna help

Edited by kittygrl

Thanks a bunch! Those are really helpful. I have no redstone lamps though but most of the rest of it I can do.

Redstone lamps are cheap, why don't you just make some?

This is the view from my simple tower I made. And with certain music, looking out to the sky at night, just amazing.

user posted image

Kinda short though...

user posted image

What do you guys think about it? It's kinda plain from the back. There's two bows and two full stacks of arrows inside the chest up top, and a piston that opens up a hole in the top during night.

Redstone lamps are cheap, why don't you just make some?

I have xbox version and we don't have a lot of your stuff. There are no redstone lamps, corner stairs, cats, jungles, colored clay, and many more things my freinds complain about. The Xbox version also made it to confusing for me to screenshot so that is why I can't post them.

Callmeadam from what I can see on my dark computer screen that looks good but I can't see the bottom one at all.

Thomasgold19, I play Xbox also , but, do you check the minecraft wiki? Next update there add half of the thing on your things we do not have list. :3 If that sounded mean to you or anyone else, I wasn't suppose to be. :3

Really? That is great! I don't really care enough about updates as long as they get cats in so I never bothered to check.

Ah, stop playing Xbox and go buy the PC version, now. xd.png

Seriously though, Xbox is so far behind.

I'm not paying for minecraft again and my PC sucks. I can barely run most online games that aren't multiplayer. Minecraft would kill my PC. Also with brightness turned up and everything i still can't see anything dark in those screenshots.

I have no idea what a FPS is because I don't know much about that part of computers.

Sounds good. I really need to get on xbox and build my throne room for my underground castle. After those design ideas I had to edit for xbox I finalyl can move onto the throne room. I might have Snow Golems in glass all along the side.