chickenhound

Minecraft!

If i got pc between the ancientness of my computer and any mods i tried to run i would be so laggy its not even funny.

Okay, maybe the game would be laggy, but it's a very common misconception (one that kind of makes me angry) that mods cause lag, only certain mods cause lag, and most only when you use certain blocks or items. The majority of the time the machines and pipes from mods are no laggier than a furnace and a bunch of hoppers.

Now there are some mods that passively cause lag whether or not you are using a ton of stuff from them, but most don't. And most mods that do cause lag when you are using a ton of stuff only cause it because you are using a ton of stuff, just like if you have a ton of redstone running, or a thousand mobs in your trap.

i think the 1.6.2 update created an internal serve lag with the game on PC.

dry.gif i play with no mods, on the original vanilla minecraft in single player mode. my laptop is an HP i bought new in Nov 2012 with Windows 8 OS.

before the 1.6.2 update, my game ran fine, since the update when i go to mine blocks, it takes up to 30 secs for the blocks to drop and sometimes they wont drop anything at all. the lag seems to go away if you play in peaceful ... but wheres the fun in that?!

I don't have that problem at all, my game has actually been running faster since 1.6.2, except when riding horses.

Hey guys, if you play on the mod pixelmon I would suggest you join this one server ^.^

the community is great and a very well maintained server

198.23.148.190:25765

Edited by kittygrl

I used to play vanilla minecraft all the time, no mods. Now I am fond of optifine and rei's minimap. But nothing else. This could still be considered vanilla. laugh.gif

I like watching technical mods vids at YouTube, once I will maybe try them. smile.gif

I consider anything under 20 fps very annoying, under 12 unplayable. Once I drop to 25 or so, I go for a restart/reboot.

I have just experienced quite annoying bug. =(

While playing in LAN party, version 1.6.2, when being in the Nether, there are ghasts bugged in the netherrack under the surface. They cannot see us but they keep shooting balls and destroying the netherrack. It's very annoying.

I should check if I get it in single too, but really stupid.

Anyone else experienced this weird behaviour?

The three mods I use are Rei's Minimap, Minecraft Comes Alive and Mo' Creatures. Between them they totally transform Minecraft into a much better game, especially Rei's Minimap and Mo' Creatures - I don't think I could play it without those mods now. My minecraft is hardly ever laggy although it takes a few seconds longer to load up now than when I had vanilla... But seriously, I love Mo' Creatures so much. Who could argue with my collection of alicorns, pegasi, skeleton horses, ghost horses, wyverns, dolphins, turtles, birds, Komodo Dragons, lions, elephants, ostriches and pandas? Pets are awesome!

Edited by dracopenguin

On Xbox i hit the spawn limit while trying to make enough sheep for all my projects. I need a ton of sheep to get me the wool i need so my friend can build a giant version of my favorite skin. I am also building a lighthouse and need different colored wool for that so I really need to finish the lighthouse if I am going to get all the wool I need for a giant version on my favorite skin.

You need to play on PC, no spawn limit. Though I'm pretty sure it's quite high on Xbox.

I used to use NEI, Inv Tweaks, and Damage Indicators. But I'm too lazy to figure out what I did, somehow I can't launch modded MC anymore. And, to reiterate it, I'm too lazy to worry about it, as long as I have Optifine I can play.

when i get my laptop back from repairs (don't ask how it was broken) i'll try aether 2 and other mods, and i might try and make a series............maybe.

The texture packs by a person called Mythra are good.

Nah, it's okay, but it's not really that amazing. I'm looking forward to the clay biome thing though.

Nah, it's okay, but it's not really that amazing. I'm looking forward to the clay biome thing though.

It's just ok? I love it all... even the useless flowers biggrin.gif

I suppose those will be cool, maybe. It's more likely I'll just find the excess of flowers annoying, they don't stack with each other and they're everywhere. At least I expect that from my time with FTB.

I suppose those will be cool, maybe. It's more likely I'll just find the excess of flowers annoying, they don't stack with each other and they're everywhere. At least I expect that from my time with FTB.

Apparently they are doubling the biomes we have now... does that make you excited at all?!

No, actually I'm not looking forward to that if it's true. I don't want a ton of biomes, I've used ExtraBiomesXL, some of the blocks are cool, but it gets really hard to find the biome you want. If you want to find a Taiga (for example) you won't see one without walking a thousand blocks. It just gets annoying.

No, actually I'm not looking forward to that if it's true. I don't want a ton of biomes, I've used ExtraBiomesXL, some of the blocks are cool, but it gets really hard to find the biome you want. If you want to find a Taiga (for example) you won't see one without walking a thousand blocks. It just gets annoying.

Why... I guess I don't get people like you lol. It will be easier to find sense transition from biome to biome is realistic.

That will be nice, I'm looking forward to that. Maybe they'll stop having that strip of rain over rivers cutting through snow biomes.

I think it was stated that most of the biomes would be Sub-biomes, or variants of existing ones.

Rivers are actually a sub biome in the current version, and so are desert mountains, so perhaps we'll see more things like that.

I was actually going to say that next...

Anyway, yeah, I expect that's part of how they'll do the transitions.

Redwood biome? Snow may fall depending on Y coordinate? Actual cliffs? Spruce trees finally grow in extreme hill biomes? Colour-changing cherry trees? New flowers? .__________.

I think I'm actually looking forward to this update. I've been wishing for snowfall depending on height for a long time. Actuall cliffs is nice, too. I like building on cliffs, but it always takes me forever to find steep-enough cliffs. The redwood biome is really awesome, imo. Whenever I build in extreme hills, I always chop down the oak trees and plant spruce trees, so that's a nice change for me. New flowers is nice, and the cherry tree sounds interesting. It's a nice change from oak and birch.