chickenhound

Minecraft!

XBOX WHY DO YOU NOT UPDATE! I want cats, jungle, and texture pack now! ( there finally going to let us have texture packs next update. yay!)

I agree with that. Cats would make minecraft way more interesting. I just need about a week before the updates comes out so i can finish my building.

I had one of those spawn in my underground castle. I ran away FAST. I really need to fix the lighting in that room because I've had multiple zombies, a creeper, and an enderman spawn in there.

When will the pe version update? I was told there will be wolves and skins. I play the computer version but 2 of my friends play the pe. So me and with my third friend play on multiplayer servers.

~Spam Removed~

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

I found a sweet underwater ravine in my survival world that I'm going to convert into a functioning village. Complete with villagers!

Anothe one I found earlier is already mostly converted into a temple, so that's also cool.

Edited by sailing101

It's because even though you can see through sugarcane, Mobs can't see through any block, so if you stand in sugarcane, you are hidden. However, if they saw you before you hid, it won't work.

Any one know a way to keep mobs out of my underground house other than filling most of the blocks with torches?

And, if you are referring to spawns and not entry, you don't have to put them on every block, you can put them fairly far apart, like 7 blocks or something. (I'm to lazy to do the math.) I personally think half slab floors make any and all attempts at furnishings disgusting, which is why I don't make things look nice in survival.

Maybe, but most people I've seen put their torches three or four blocks apart, and generally they are uneven. I try to avid torches as much as possible when making nice stuff, it's much easier to build a jack-o-lantern or piece of glowstone into the walls then try to place torches evenly.

I'm extra OCD (more than normal) about even lighting in final designs, unless the building is purposefully asymmetrical.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I always use slabs .w.

I use them to make things look pretty.

I also decorate houses with slabs and oak wood and sandstone and whatnot. .w.

Yeah, slabs are great for decor, but they make it hard to furnish a room if you use them for the floor, everything will either have to be on the wall or floating. And even if you use slabs for practicality and just prevent mob spawns you'll still want to be able to see.

Not the slab. If you put a crafting table down on half slabs it floats in the air above the slab.

And then it isn't on the floor and looks hideous.

I like to mess with redstone, but my real specialty is interior design.

I do some exterior design, but generally I build underground and either make it invisible from the outside with piston doors and such, or I make it look really nice inside.

Ok so basically destroy mu chance of nice decor or lighting. I guess im going to the nether.

That's not nessarly true. I've seen some great houses that use the half slab Idea on youtube, and others that use torches just fine.

You can even use jack-O-lanterns instead of glowstone, and hide them behind paintings.

Or use them as an integral part of design. I especially like putting them in the ceiling.

Or maybe keeping them the max distance apart so the room looks a little dark, then they can be kind of creepy.

And other than the fact that people spam them rather than carefully counting out the proper positions, torches can give a great effect when used properly.

I should also mention that glowstone has to be placed at about the same distance as torches if you embed it in the walls, ceiling, or floor, and if you don't they obviously impede your path.

If you are going for practicality use half-slabs and spam torches, otherwise [iNSERT DESIGN SUGGESTION HERE]. I would suggest something, but I don't know what your house looks like, so I can't.