chickenhound

Minecraft!

On the Xbox version my current plan is to build an underground castle. By this I mean all the rooms are carved out of the underground area. I do not plan to make it huge but it will have a grand hall, a throne room, a prison, a blacksmith, a wizard headquarters, a grand bedroom, a kitchen, and a huge farm of food.

I might also add a snow golem room because those are fun.

Also this will be all on survival because I don't use creative mode for my cool stuff.

Edited by thomasgold19

On the Xbox version my current plan is to build an underground castle. By this I mean all the rooms are carved out of the underground area. I do not plan to make it huge but it will have a grand hall, a throne room, a prison, a blacksmith, a wizard headquarters, a grand bedroom, a kitchen, and a huge farm of food.

I might also add a snow golem room because those are fun.

Also this will be all on survival because I don't use creative mode for my cool stuff.

good luck with that

Which would you say is better out of the PC and 360 versions?

I've been looking to get into Minecraft for ages, but I have a serious allergy to PC gaming and everyone I've asked about the Xbox version has essentially scoffed at me and proceeded to run for the hills.

Which is weird, since I've only heard good things about the console version. Any help?

good luck with that

Its going really well I am currently on the wizard headquarters and only broke 1 diamond pickaxe and about 20-30 stone and iron.

I've been looking to get into Minecraft for ages, but I have a serious allergy to PC gaming and everyone I've asked about the Xbox version has essentially scoffed at me and proceeded to run for the hills.

Which is weird, since I've only heard good things about the console version. Any help?

I haven't played the PC version but I've heard from people that play both PC is better. If you have an Xbox then go ahead and get it because it is really fun and you can play with other people as long as you have a gold membership.

The PC version is way better. If you have a choice between the two you should go with the PC.

If you only have an Xbox then the Xbox version is fine to play, but it only has about 2/3 of the stuff.

On the bolded part: With good reason.

EDIT: And the PC version is cheaper if you want to play multiplayer (though finding a good server is tough), for Xbox you need a gold membership, whereas PC you pay once. Of course if you have a gold membership anyway then it is cheaper to just do Xbox, even if it is only as good as 1.2.5.

Edited by MasterWeavile898

The PC version is way better. If you have a choice between the two you should go with the PC.

If you only have an Xbox then the Xbox version is fine to play, but it only has about 2/3 of the stuff.

On the bolded part: With good reason.

EDIT: And the PC version is cheaper if you want to play multiplayer (though finding a good server is tough), for Xbox you need a gold membership, whereas PC you pay once. Of course if you have a gold membership anyway then it is cheaper to just do Xbox, even if it is only as good as 1.2.5.

Not forgetting that Pocket edition has about 1/3. It's getting updated a bot faster, nowadays.

The xbox version is my only verson of the game. my computer and internet connection is too slow for the pc version. When I get a new computer I'm getting the pc version. and downloading the pixelmon mod.

Edited by Jsward322

I have all 3 versions, but my computer runs at 1 frame per minute, so no chance I'm going to play that any time soon. Xbox and pe are my ones.

Yeah, I don't have an Xbox, I play Xbox Minecraft with my friend though.

And PE kinda sucks, but if you can get it it's there to play.

My PC runs (with optifine at medium settings) at 20 FPS on a good server. I have trouble with SSP and usually run about 10 FPS there.

I'd say the PC version is the best.

Here is my opinion for the pc vs xbox

I personally have played the pc since alpha

I have a friend who has both

He likes to do just creative and he enjoys the xbox version, but he is frustrated by the limited map size

Also during our last couple of hangouts he'll ask us about the most recent updates and is annoyed at how behind the xbox version is.

He also wishes that he could somehow upload his maps, we told him that we don't think the xbox can connect but if he had made any on the pc it is simply a matter of sending the save file

If your computer can play minecraft I recommend the pc version

I'd say get the xbox one if you don't mind being a decent number of updates behind

Also keep in mind that if you ever want to play adventure/story maps or use mods you need the pc

Edited by darkshadow5392

I am on xbox and my underground castle has already completed a grand hall, a staircase, a nice hallway, and most of the wizard headquarters! All on survival too. Now to make the rest of the stuff.

that's nice, I'm currently working on a minecart freight piston elevator. Just running track up is taking up way too much gold.

I currently only have the Up movement portion of the wiring completed, and have run out of redstone, but it works!

I design fancy stuff in creative, I mostly explore in survival. (Because I hate caving.)

Man I SUCK at redstone

I can operate pistons and that crap, but..

My thing is potions, y'know?

My design uses only 16 pistons, but it can, in theory, take a minecraft with chest from bedrock to the top of the map, empty it, and send it back down to the mine.

It's based of the piston inchworm concept, where a normal and sticky piston are positioned facing each other, and mutually push and pull each other to move along an axis.

To work properly, the operating pulses need to be only one tick long, nine ticks apart, and delayed four ticks every vertical level.

At the top and bottom, I will construct mechanisms to remove the minecart, and send it to a station to either be emptied or filled.

I do not understand this redstone talk.

Potions are SO much simpler.

"Hey have water in a glass and then have a magma cookie boom flame resistance."

Nether Wart is the base for all potions and always has been. With the exception of a couple, I think it's weakness and poison.

Fire resist is from a water filled bucket, a glass something, netherwart and magma cookie. I think.

Atleast it was in 1.3. Something

Edited by girlfairy76