prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

*chiaki drags herself in on broken fingers*

ahhhh, I have 900 more words to write before I can sleep and its already late D:

*slaps self* You can do this!

14,604 words so far

Ugh, I wanted totally to get over 15k today. But It's getting late ._.

EDIT: Wrote like mad and hit 15k! goodnight xd.png

Edited by Kaini

Lost the full use of my right hand, so it seems i won't be compelteing it this year.

I'm sorry Kestra D8 /mewls

As for me, I haven't touched my Nano in a few days Dx But I think I'll try to get another 5k out tonight. This scene is progressing so SLOWLY and the only scene I can imagine right now and actually want to write is the love scene which comes waaaaaaaay later.

Dx

That makes almost no sense to me, but I think I get the gist. Hope you feel better :3

I feel like all my action scenes fly by too fast :B

15.5k .... I wanted to hit 17k today, so I gotta get typing. Things are about to get exciting when my antagonist comes in... I have to get past my writers block to get there.

Oh gawd.

Oh gawd.

Week two, and I only just got past the 10k mark.

And my goal was to be at 24k by now.

Oh gawd.

Breathe, Carnie, you can do this. -pours umpteenth cup of earl grey tea and gets back to writing-

Also, geez, sorry about the hand, Kestra; that really sucks, and I hope it gets better soon. D:

I love watching this thread for quite a few reasons, one of them being that I love getting to have little peeks at others' progress and how their stories are developing. Good luck to all; so far, so good, and may you all make your goals! ^^

Aww, hope your hand feels better, Kestra. Heal quickly, now, little hand.

I am quite behind. Around 11k done, and I was aiming for more. Not to mention my story is coming out really really dumb.

Anybody doing word wars in their area? I find they really help me get some words done.

OR anyone who's feeling like they're procrastinating waaayy too much on their story can use this: http://writeordie.com/#Web+App

Basically you have to keep writing or something bad will happen, be it what you set it to. It's helped me a lot, so... :3

Rawr! I can't think how to write this scene! And to add to this my fingers refuse to type what my brain thinks!

I try to type "that" and it comes out as "which" wtf?! I need some sleep...

That happens to me sometimes, too. The brain-not-following thing. I have a tendency to type random swear words when I'm writing while I'm too tired. Then when I look back over it later I'm rather surprised and amused, as some of the swear words are in completely ridiculous places.

(And I know I shouldn't be looking back over my work, but shhhh. It helps motivate me. xd.png)

Lol, I have to look over my work at least a little, otherwise I have no idea where I am when I come to write in the morning tongue.gif

Same here, same here. xd.png

Also, I tend to have discrepancies here and there in timing, description, that sort of thing. Most of them are fairly small, and if they'll take too much effort or detract many words then I leave them alone, but occasionally I'll run into one that will completely break the plotline if I don't fix it. So that's important for me too. ^^'

One example I can think of is Twilight scheduling like eight psychiatric patients in the same day, one hour apart, which would be bad enough in itself, but then she talks to the crazy, sedated earth pony colt who acts creepily and then attacks the one-way wall she's behind, and then she realizes that he's actually a pegasus with his wings ripped off, and then she goes home and blows most of the day-- and all those sessions with ponies in need of help-- on curling up on her sofa, drinking tea, and being traumatized. Maybe not completely plotbreaking, but damn well hard to explain later on.

Edited by Carnivorous M.

I look over whatever I was writing before I start the day's 2k and fix things that don't make sense. It helps to glance back with a fresh set of eyes every now and again :3

Plus both my parents are extremely excited that I'm writing xd.png I'm getting a lot of advice.

The people who I tell that I'm writing look at me like I'm crazy as we all have stupidly long dissertations to write. But I have a system where if I get bored of writing one I just switch to the other tongue.gif

It's working out well so far, I just hit 13K *happy*

Broke 12k by 17 words and it's time for bed. I'm back on track as to where I wanted to be, and it only took me 50 minutes to type up 2k words. That's a new record : D

16,781 words so far and I think I need to stop for tonight... I'm getting tired and it is degrading my writing xd.png

I feel so behind. D:

11932's my word count.

I'm going to type up my written work, so that might add another 500.

Oh god I'm still at 10k. Haven't picked it up in a while. v_v;

/scurries off

Wait, what exactly is "write or die"? What happens if you don't meet the goal? ._.

It's supposed to help you write with no distractions.

:3 It really keeps you on it, so your attention isn't elsewhere.

The chats make me very distracted. xd.png

Andd done for the day: 12454

Edit: Oh myy Socky whenever I read your posts I always think it's a mod warning.

Edited by lachrymation

owo What's the electric shock mode?