prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

I tried Write or Die.

Oh my god, it deletes what your write. No me gusta.

I ended up basically blankly staring at it.

I ended up using Q10, and eeeeeee orange text! So far I'm almost at 2k!

Okay, so I can't decide on a title, which is normal for me. But I can' ever figure out what genre that characters are turning my story into. ><

I just tried write or die. OMG. I wanted to throw my comp across the room.

I found that I do not write well with something like that. I need time to figure things out and OMG, I HATE pressure.

I'm glad it worked for you Socky, but all it did was stunt my creativity and tick me off.

I only managed to get 130 words before I was all EEEEEEEEE, let me out of here!

I cut what I had and exited out the web page before it could scream at me.

x3 Try Q10 or one of the other programs! Less distractions, none of the pressure for write or die. :3

I tried Write or Die.

Oh my god, it deletes what your write. No me gusta.

I ended up basically blankly staring at it.

Only if you choose kamikaze mode, crazy. =P

Glad you liked Q10, though!

Okay, so I can't decide on a title, which is normal for me. But I can' ever figure out what genre that characters are turning my story into. ><

Lit fic? =P

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

x3 Try Q10 or one of the other programs! Less distractions, none of the pressure for write or die. :3

Only if you choose kamikaze mode, crazy. =P

Glad you liked Q10, though!

Lit fic? =P

First of all, I would like to say that those typos of mine were awful. O_o Secondly, lit fic might just have to do. LOL... Now I keep letting myself get distracted. *sigh* I have at least 2k words I want finished by tonight. xd.png

I already know I have a hardcore sci-fi book. A story about alien humans. Marvelous.

Don't fret about genre. I don't even know why my stuff is half the time, and frankly I don't give a ship.

I need to get 20k words. Joys of starting late.

Feeling is returning. But I doubt I have a hope of catching up now, not with a full day of work tomorrow, shifts tomorrow and Saturday night, Amerylis' birthday party Sunday, and full work the week after...

I seem to have a problem with getting my confirmation letter for the site. I signed up around a few hours ago. Can they resend it?

Oh lawdy, I just found the NaNoisms Thread. That 'shpewwwwww' sound you just heard was the rest of my life draining away.

Thankfully, though, reading the NaNo Forums actually inspires me to write, so it's not too bad.

ONLY AT 12,327. MUST WRITE MOAR.

After reading one more page of NaNoisms

Ahhhh, just hit 18.3K and it's time to sleep!

I used Write or Die a little today and I found that for small word counts it worked quite well, but I couldn't stand it for more then half an hour O.O

20,050 words so far, WOOT.

I want to hit 21k today tho. time to really get going.

Hit 22k, but it's barely anything. Had a whole day off, but only wrote the daily word count...that's rather pathetic. I still have some time though...so I guess I'll write some more!

20442 words so far, and I need to stop for tonight :c Have to plan out the rest of this scene in my head.

I'll knock out quite a few words tomorrow, then go crazy over the weekend.

While I was reading the NaNoisms I had the sudden realization that I can make my characters do anything and type whatever I wanted to. I know, stupid, right? So now I'm pouring in hundreds of words about all sorts of off-tangent things and fourth-wall breaking, when it was supposed to be serious in the beginning. Oops.

Only at 8361, but that number will hopefully go up when my sister stops borrowing my laptop every three minutes xP

Some people are at 20+k?! And here I was thinking my 18.4k was good. *wilts*

I still have no idea how I'm going to get the prince and the viscount together. But I write better that way. As soon as I start to have a plan, I get extremely overwhelmed. I think that's why I write short stories better. But I'm determined to get published some day. NaNo helps push that dream along.

I still have no idea how I'm going to get the prince and the viscount together. But I write better that way. As soon as I start to have a plan, I get extremely overwhelmed. I think that's why I write short stories better. But I'm determined to get published some day. NaNo helps push that dream along.

Still on 7,773 if that helps.

Someone hit me until I write something! I've barley done any today and I need to get as much done as possible before my work load quadruples next week D:

can't see my word count cuz the NaNo site is down :c

but I hit 20.7k I think and I'm really writer blocked :c

There are people who've finished already this year. Seen them around the forums. X_X

Last year there were a handful of people to finish with 200k-500k. I still don't really believe that. At all. >_>

Wrote 3,516 to catch back up. Was not able to write yesterday. And I would push ahead now, but I have not gotten enough sleep the past three days and I am going to bed, lol.

Mmm yeah, I'm rather skeptical of people who finish with over 200k. Just seems to far-fetched, even if you stayed at home and wrote all day.

I saw a person who currently has 120k, and their wordcount went up by almost exactly 10,000 words a day. Somehow, I don't know that's what their word count really is like.

Mine word count goes up consistently, but that's just how I work, and I only write around 2k everyday anyway. Not too out there.

Edited by EeveeSkitty

Mmm yeah, I'm rather skeptical of people who finish with over 200k. Just seems to far-fetched, even if you stayed at home and wrote all day.

I saw a person who currently has 120k, and their wordcount went up by almost exactly 10,000 words a day. Somehow, I don't know that's what their word count really is like.

Mine word count goes up consistently, but that's just how I work, and I only write around 2k everyday anyway. Not too out there.

It is possible though, some people can just churn things out that fast, on another site I play, a competition had one of my teammates doing a 50k story in a week :S For me, the most I've ever managed in a day would be around 6k but that was because I was writing really dubious crack and plot? What plot?

I tend to think quality over quantity. I try to be concise and descriptive, since I am doing a sci-fi story.

But still I need to get my butt in gea- holy carp 200k by NOW? Do people SLEEP?

Last year I was at nearly 30k at this point... *sigh*

Now I'm still stuck on 7k. I'll catch up!