prairiecrow

NaNoWriMo

Mine's a sci-fi about shapeshifters who have special genetics that allow them to 'evolve' into the animal whose genetics they possess, and these people are being hunted by a religious cult-turned evil scientist, and the main chick is a lesbian who just discovered her girlfriend is insane and betrayed them so now she has to hunt her down before any more harm comes to her people. And along the way, she meets a smokin tiger shifter c:<

Heh.

Haven't really gotten anywhere, still stuck at just over 10k. The scene I'm in is progressing slower than it probably should, but I have details that I want to put in so that it's easier to follow x) I'm not even half way through the second chapter yet. First chapter was a chaotic mess.

^ that makes my brain hurt xd.png Have fun with that hehe.

I need to stop posting and get back to writing.

GAH I CAN'T DECIDE. It's name will be En though, because they're all named after the ship they pilot :c it's ship is Endeavor. long freaking story, obviously.

In that case, I think you should make the antagonist a female. They are your characters though so you can have them be what ever gender you want.

I am writing a story that is like the life of a dragon that lives in a clan... If you all would like, here is my prologue.

Prologue

A half-moon shone down upon snow and shrubs of a mountain side. There was a small red light coming from a decent sized cave and inside the cave was a silhouette of a large dragon, a drake. A much smaller dragon, a dam, padded into the cave and sat next to the larger drake. The large drake dipped his head to the dam and then returned his gaze to the stars. “What do you see?” asked the drake.

Lifting her head to the sky the dam replied, “I see a sign from Silver Clan. They tell me that we must leave tonight, just the leader and healer of every clan. What do you see, JaggedEmber?”

“ShadeLilly, I see that Silver Clan is angry. I don’t know about what, but something has angered them very much. If we don’t leave tonight, they will bring great destruction to the clans. We must leave to Thunder Hill,” JaggedEmber told her.

“Will MoonHeart and FadedPath be fine without us? I have taught FadedPath everything she will need to know, but will she need more training?” ShadeLilly looked worriedly up at JaggedEmber.

“Yes ShadeLilly. They will both be fine. The clans will be fine without us. Come, we must leave.” JaggedEmber blew out the small fire and padded out of the cave with ShadeLilly following close behind. When they reached the mountain’s cliff, they thrust themselves into the air and gave their wings several swift beats. When they reached a small island, several dragons greeted them. In the faint moonlight, one looked to be a silver orange and the other a pale green and both where dams.

“Welcome JaggedEmber. Greetings ShadeLilly,” the green dam welcomed the dragons when they landed.

JaggedEmber dipped his head in greetings to the two dams. “Thank you FernWillow. Where are the others?” JaggedEmber asked in an impatient voice.

“They already left. We should be going before sun sky, its already past moon high and the sun will light the sky soon.” the orange dam replied.

“Well then, shall we be off? Thank you for waiting FernWillow and BrightEmber.” JaggedEmber told the dams. As JaggedEmber finished his sentence, all four of the dragons reared up on their back legs and pushed themselves into the air. They beat their wings several times and then all became silent as the dragons flew off into the night, never to be seen again by their own clans.

You aren't supposed to know what exactly they look like because in a later chapter near the end you will learn what they look like. Dam is a female dragon and drake is male. Silver Clan is a clan of the spirits of the dead clan dragons. Ember at the end of a name tells the reader that they are the leader of a clan and the healers can have anything at the end of their names.

In that case, I think you should make the antagonist a female. They are your characters though so you can have them be what ever gender you want.

I am thinking it should be female.

user posted image

? Her name is En. I think this is how she'll be. xd.png

Nice!

Thank you, you helped me decide xd.png The drawing has cemented it; En is female xd.png

Now I just have to get to her part.

^ that makes my brain hurt xd.png Have fun with that hehe.

How so? ;_;

Edit: Yay female antagonist 8D /fist pump

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

How so? ;_;

Edit: Yay female antagonist 8D /fist pump

I'm sorry, I did not mean to be rude. I only meant that it was not for me (I'm not a fan of yuri, and the plot sounds convoluted)

But I'm sure you have it very well written, I didn't mean to make fun of it or anything x3

And I'm glad you all like En xd.png She's totally perfect to be female I think. I'm pretty excited to write her; she's going to be pretty much insane xd.png

My protag is male. Durp. But he's the distressed dude and his sister and sister's female dragon are way more skilled, so that makes up for it? Kinda?

I am procrastinating. So hard.

I'm sorry, I did not mean to be rude. I only meant that it was not for me (I'm not a fan of yuri, and the plot sounds convoluted)

But I'm sure you have it very well written, I didn't mean to make fun of it or anything x3

Oh no, you weren't rude xd.png I thought you were joking~

Convoluted... yes, a bit x) The shapeshifter-religious cult thing is more of a background story that supports what the main character is going through. The main plot revolves around her and with defeating her ex, along with romantic components. ^^; Have you ever heard of the series called "Vampire Academy"?

Oh no, you weren't rude xd.png I thought you were joking~

Convoluted... yes, a bit x) The shapeshifter-religious cult thing is more of a background story that supports what the main character is going through. The main plot revolves around her and with defeating her ex, along with romantic components. ^^; Have you ever heard of the series called "Vampire Academy"?

I was kind of joking xd.png

And no, I have not read that series.

Mrr... I need to write so I can get to En's part.

My antagonists are the zombies, since there isn't one in particular. There might be a head zombie later on, I have to decide how boring my plot is xd.png

You guys are all so ahead of me, I'm only on 6k *sigh*

I don't mind people reading mine if they want.

Can I ask what everyones is about? Mine has demons happy.gif

Mine is a ponyfic, and it has kind of a weird plotline.

Basically, back before the whole Nightmare Moon debacle, Luna was fascinated by dreams, and she created a sort of dream highway, wherein ponies would start from a little 'home base' in their heads, and then explore the highway, visit other ponies' minds, and delve psychological issues. Unbeknownst to the main populace, the princesses were also using the dream highway for military training and experimentation, since wounds and blown-up crap doesn't carry over into real life. During their explorations of the dream highway, ponies also occasionally manifested different aspects of their minds and personalities as creatures that were semi-sentient, but borrowed most of their sentience from their hosts.

Anyhoo, Nightmare Moon thing happens, and Luna gets banished TO DA MEWN. Since her mind and soul were heavily connected to the dream highway, being corrupted by Nightmare Moon also badly corrupted the highways, and her manifestation-- who is mostly in charge of running the highways-- gets the worst of it. Then, after all that corruption leaks into it, when Luna is banished, it's sealed off to fester for a thousand years.

Cut to present day, shortly after Nightmare Night. Luna's power has mostly returned, which has reopened the dream highway. Nopony realizes this-- after all, nopony living even knows about the highways except the princesses themselves-- and everypony is clueless when the disappearances start. The loved ones of the missing ponies start having terrible, realistic nightmares, and panic is slowly starting to rise.

In Ponyville, there are several bad cases; as many more disappearances have taken place in Canterlot than Ponyville, psychiatrists are in short supply. Although Twilight Sparkle has little training, she is asked to help, and so she takes up the job of acting-psychiatrist. On the day she starts her job, a horribly maimed colt stumbles into Ponyville, attacking anypony who comes near, and when she is called in to talk to him she begins to make connections between his babbling, the disappearances, and the awful nightmares.

When, shortly afterward, Twilight begins to have these nightmares as well, she meets another pony that she knows in real life, and starts to realize the true nature of the dreams. Crap happens, a couple more disappearances, and she gathers up a team of ponies who've touched the dream highway, to explore and find out what's going on.

I'm going to post it somewhere after NaNo, and after I've had a chance to polish it up, and I'm probably going to give progress reports here and there, but otherwise you're gonna have to wait and see what happens. xd.png

Crap, I'm sixteen thousand words behind. WRITE TIEM!

*cheers everyone on and offers everyone hot chocolate*

Whoo! Wrote 10.5k today and caught up to where I'm supposed to be at. Now just to keep that up. Scrivener is sooooo nice on full screen mode. You can keep track of pages and the word count doesn't pop up unless you hover over the bottom. You can also fade out the rest of the computer background stuff, so it's much less distracting for me. :3

For anyone struggling to keep up, a nice free program: http://writeordie.com/#Web+App saved me two years ago. I got the flu halfway through and then scared myself away from catching up until the last week or so. Was going to have to write 7k to finish on time. Knocked out 11k one day thanks to write or die and then had to do about 5k a day. Finished on time. :3

I'm jealous of you guys who can pound out 11k in one day and still not feel done. I feel accomplished when I get 1667 a day, ha.

URGH. I still have 260 words, I'm gonna do another story that I've already started and want to continue- starting from scratch is just too hard.

Ha, I really like all your story lines! Its like being in a book shop and randomly picking books up and reading the blurb in here! tongue.gif

Right, I'm on 7k right now but I SHALL make 10K by the time I finish today, maybe even 11 or 12K, but lets not get ahead of ourselves Chi...

My Nano is still a bit behind, but I'm getting there. I spent a weekend away last weekend, which did'nt help things, but I am determined that this year, unlike last year, I will finish and get the 50k. smile.gif

ACK! I've only reached 9k! I am so far behind! *moans*

What is write or die? I may have to try that.

Or maybe I should just stop insterting magic into what I have and just continue as if magic had already been added.

EDIT: I have now reached 10,122 words and I'm still 1k behind. BAH!

Edited by Kanaye

Sock, thanks so much for Write or Die. I got more done in half an hour than I did in three hours on Saturday :B

No school tomorrow, hoping to get to 12k then. Currently at 9k and my story's progressing well.

Ooooh I love write or die!! This is great. It's helping a lot. I wrote 800 words in no time. I'll use it tonight to catch up to where I should be, and hopefully tomorrow I can get ahead again. 10.6k right now.

I didn't do Write or Die, I did the #nanosprints on Twitter and managed to get over 12k, 12,224 exactly.

I am so thrilled with myself. Over 3k in one day.