Thorn

Let's hear about all your little inbred darlings..

I'd like to tell about the two of my inbreds - split girls Gorgone and Tandemia. when I got Gorgone, I was so proud of it as it has an xtremely long lineage! I've never been at fansites then and knew nothing about inbreeding and thought that the longer lineage is - the better. I was going to find a pair for Gorgone and found Tandemia who has even longer lineage. I hoped Tandemia would turn a boy but she turned a girl and a bit later I learned that people dislike inbreds, so Gorgone and Tandemia are neve going to find partners and have children sad.gif it's sad but I comfort myself by the thought that they are great friends and their friendship is so all-embracing that they need nothing and nobody else))

When I started to play I didn´t know about inbreeding and that´s why I´ve got lots of them xd.png

Now I avoid it but if I catch an egg from the AP with long lineages and which is inbred I either freeze it or abandon it as a hatchie

Here is my favorite little inbred.

Very nice. Congrats on your alt.

I am trying to ruin the good looks of metallics with inbreeding.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/F7UB <- A little look at the project.

Pure Silver X Metallic with serious inbreeding. Got to love it. Sure will make silver eggs get tossed around the AP a lot (that is when they happen to get autoabandoned).

As for all the inbreds I pick up and accidently do... Well there really is no number for the sheer amount I have. It is just insane. At least one half of my scroll has inbreds.

Let's see... I have an inbred Vine Alt., Vine, Electric, Pink, Coastal Waverunner, Green, Black, White, Vampire, Black, 2 Black Alts, and 3 Reds from the AP + their children on my scroll. *points to sig* I'll never abandon any of their kids unless someone wants one. smile.gif I don't want to contribute to unwanted inbreds, but I don't want to see the unfortunate dragons that are inbred be killed either. Save for vamps. Biting any egg that isn't a holiday is a-ok to me. cool.gif

I really want a metallic.

*sigh*

But I keep mistaking silvers for fogs. xd.png

I'd like to tell about the two of my inbreds - split girls Gorgone and Tandemia. when I got Gorgone, I was so proud of it as it has an xtremely long lineage! I've never been at fansites then and knew nothing about inbreeding and thought that the longer lineage is - the better. I was going to find a pair for Gorgone and found Tandemia who has even longer lineage. I hoped Tandemia would turn a boy but she turned a girl and a bit later I learned that people dislike inbreds, so Gorgone and Tandemia are neve going to find partners and have children sad.gif it's sad but I comfort myself by the thought that they are great friends and their friendship is so all-embracing that they need nothing and nobody else))

I like that idea. smile.gif

Interestingly, Tandemia is distantly related to one of my splits, also inbred. (they've got great-great+many more great grandparents in common.) Speaking of inbred splits, I just bred this little lovely, who's my favourite inbred at the moment. (Even-gen inbred, you can't tell me that's not a pretty lineage, can you?) I'm hoping it ends up a female so that I can breed it with Kirai to give myself some more pretty split babies. (I might end up freezing one or two, not because of their inbred status, but because the s1 sprites are ridiculously cute and I want them on my scroll.)

I like taking in inbred dragons. It doesn't make any difference to me who a dragon's parents were as long as I like the breed, and most of the time I don't really bother to check lineages except to see if there's anything special in them. I actually got this girl that way. She's a Dusk Thuwed, so I definitely don't care about inbreeding in her line.

Edited by LascielsShadow

I don't really pay attention to what I breed. I really can't care less, 'cause the babehs go to the Ap anyway~

Most of mine go to the adoption page. Currently, there are only three exceptions.

I have a frozen Deep Sea dragon.

Name: I Ate Nemo 2

I liked the little guy so I gave him a description on his page:

Severely crippled by genetic deformities caused by inbreeding, I Ate Nemo 2 finds it hard to live among other dragons. Swimming to the lowest depths of the ocean, he finds solace in the many dark caves and crevices he comes across along his travels.

Most of my first dragons were inbred, but after getting into lineage breeding I decided to set them free. So now they reside in the wild..

I don't really care about dragons being inbred. I see why some might find it disturbing, but they're just cute pixels to me.

My pink is an inbred that was adopted from the same home as my shallow water (by complete accident!). I love it. <3 Plus, isn't it appropriate for such a romantic breed of dragon? Free love dragons, anyone? biggrin.gif

I think I'll let it breed when it matures, but the general bias against inbreds will probably have me finding a home for its offspring rather than leaving it to chance.

In other 'evolution' sort of games, it's never really been a big deal. I mean, I remember being like.. "shame on you, with your grandmother?!?", but I've never really considered freezing, abandoning, or killing anyone over it. blink.gif

I have a frozen Deep Sea dragon.

Name: I Ate Nemo 2

I liked the little guy so I gave him a description on his page:

Severely crippled by genetic deformities caused by inbreeding, I Ate Nemo 2 finds it hard to live among other dragons. Swimming to the lowest depths of the ocean, he finds solace in the many dark caves and crevices he comes across along his travels.

Most of my first dragons were inbred, but after getting into lineage breeding I decided to set them free. So now they reside in the wild..

He can always hang out with my guy and his family.

I've got a 14.th gen inbred Dorkface-Lined Magma. someone bred the caveborn father to his daughter in generation 2

and my alt black's also inbred. long, messy lineage, triple use of an alt black and double silver male

ah, and several long lineage heavily inbred reds. Some of them my own fault for not checking. however, keep them onscroll for BSA.

the worst:

* SMdl was found multiple times in lineage!

* sk9f was found multiple times in lineage!

* MtJ5 was found multiple times in lineage!

* DWZr was found multiple times in lineage!

* n0bJ was found multiple times in lineage!

* azN9 was found multiple times in lineage!

* FnaT was found multiple times in lineage!

* 3bZI was found multiple times in lineage!

* azN9 was found multiple times in lineage!

* CqzK was found multiple times in lineage!

* I6hr was found multiple times in lineage!

* NyTs was found multiple times in lineage!

* 6TKJ was found multiple times in lineage!

* BqLW was found multiple times in lineage!

* D3Sz was found multiple times in lineage!

* QAn4 was found multiple times in lineage!

* gzw5 was found multiple times in lineage!

* yPb2 was found multiple times in lineage!

* 6TKJ was found multiple times in lineage!

* aFVw was found multiple times in lineage!

* aKHp was found multiple times in lineage!

* roJG was found multiple times in lineage!

* IGgw was found multiple times in lineage!

* v5lO was found multiple times in lineage!

* D3Sz was found multiple times in lineage!

* GLr7 was found multiple times in lineage!

* bZye was found multiple times in lineage!

* v5lO was found multiple times in lineage!

* eD5c was found multiple times in lineage!

* 77rb was found multiple times in lineage!

* M2gH was found multiple times in lineage!

* rcD6 was found multiple times in lineage!

* rcD6 was found multiple times in lineage!

* BlAd is inbred!

I think I'll let it breed when it matures, but the general bias against inbreds will probably have me finding a home for its offspring rather than leaving it to chance.

I have one inbred green called Gyshling Yax. He has something like seven children, and none of them have been killed. Only one has been vamped.

I generally don't like inbreds. I know that they're just pixels and such, but knowing that one of my dragons has a father that is also his brother is a little ... unpleasant to me.

That being said I know I have a few inbreds on my scroll and I do adore them anyways. I just hatched an alt vine who is severely inbred but I'm keeping it anyways. My sister has an alt black, also inbred. These days most of my inbreds are frozen as hatchlings because they're too adorable to let go. Some I raise for BSAs. And if someone asks me specifically to breed one of my inbreds for a gift or trade I'd happily do so.

Some people are just a little too hostile about it which I think is totally unnecessary.

Inbreedings just......icky.I mean they are not real,but still.I only have one inbreed,a seasonal from when I didn't know about inbreeding.I just hate it.

A.sparkle

Then this isn't the thread for you. Not trying to be offensive but there is a reason that I don't post in the pruning project thread. If you don't like something that's fine but I find it a little rude to post in a thread where people are enjoying sharing their pleasure in something that you find offensive. It's paramount to telling people that they are doing it wrong and that's not a nice thing to do. *off of soap box*

Back on topic, my latest little one has kept me entertained for a couple of hours trying to find all the cases of inbreeding in his line. http://dragcave.net/view/LtAf I really wish EDS would get their inbred checker running again. That one was the most inclusive checker that I could find. Now I'm going to have to go old school and sift through the lineages by hand to get a total of repeat relatives.

I have one inbred green called Gyshling Yax. He has something like seven children, and none of them have been killed. Only one has been vamped.

I have a CB green who I breed with a CB stripe. With the exception of the egg I kept, everyone one of her offspring has been killed or vamped. Maybe her babies would do better if she was inbred. xd.png

Edited by Sir Barton

My first dragon, Beoriaz, is inbred. Then there's INBR3D and INBR3D II, some of my Splits. INBR3D II has over 100 repeat ancestors.

I don't usually check to see if my draggies are inbred because I don't really care either way, but for some reason I was messing around with a site's inbred tracker and found that one of my newer vines was inbred like eight times over. He is now named Proudly Inbred.