Thorn

Let's hear about all your little inbred darlings..

A lot of my early dragons were inbred, but ive tried to avoid inbreeding since for the most part.

Here are mine.

Oreo and Ryuuno were my first split dragon, and his preety badly inbred, but it looked worse, as some inbred ansestors have been killed. I like to think of him as a little slow in the head.

Etherial Ifflantte's Great Great Great Great Grandfather on his maternal side bred to his full sister. But he has two Valentine '09s in there, so that makes up for it.

Kasith Le Evlogia's family has many dark secrets. One of her paternal ansestors, a Silver called Perakwanto, bred with his mother. A bit further down a CB male silver breeds back to his own Old pink daughter. Further down again a stone called Kilimanjaro breeds with his black daughter. Why does this linage bring bad images of pedo dragons to mind?

Like many Dorkfaces, Doomsday Dorkface has quite a bit of inbreeding. In fact, she is a doubble Dorkface, with both parents being dorkfaces. There is quite a bit of Father-Daughter and Mother-Son breeding too.

My first ever Geode, Imperial Command, who was a gift, has bad inbreeding because the in an attempt to make more geodes, someone bred their stone siblings and cousins together and then to the geode offspring.

My first seasonal, Larkspur Summer, has bad inbreeding after the children of a winter called Si Flocke and his winter mate Li nieve went on an inbreeding rampage. Its not that bad realy, just has the same pair repeated multipul times on both sides of the linage.

My first white and first Dorkface, Dewfrost Dorkface is very special to me, but has a male silver who's son bred to a dorkface, then that white dorkface male bred to the silver daughter of his uncle.

The current highest gen Pygmy I have, Solar Vinbred is a 6th Even gen who's inbred right from the roots! His mate and sister is in the egg still, but will hatch sometime today, and He has relitives on a friends scroll who has the sibling pair I gifted her paired together.

I gift out Vinbred pairs to anyone who would like them and will continue inbreeding them.

Normally I am totally against inbreeding, but I have found one case that I made an acception. It's with the dragons that can only be one gender, the holiday kind. I bred one recently that had the same grandmother on both sides, but can't be bothered to care about that particular dragon. It actually looks cool for that one. I'm not doing it on any other species though. I prefer keeping new bloodlines flowing in. I tend to breed a lot and the day the only mate available for a given dragon is related to him/her is the same day that I need new cave borns tongue.gif. I do a lot of describing, so the only situation otherwise I might inbreed is with my new Olympian line, but I go back and forth on wether or not I want to do that.

Edit: felt odd about posting again even though it's been weeks so close to my old post. Well, I've got the ultimate inbred right now. Her name is Aeyla and I adopted her close to maturing last night, so of course she was grown up when I got on tonight. I knew she was inbred, but holy wow I never realized just how badly. I've only tried counting one dragon in her lineage so far to see how many times that same one was use. Would you believe twenty-eight times under one of her relatives?

Edited by Pinkie

I've only recently realised that my first red is 4th gen even, descended from only one pare of pebble/red, it's actually pretty xd.png

I don't quite mind inbreeding myself, although for trading purposes I try not to inbreed them anymore.

But I have a special Greek mythology lineage, all dragons are named after gods and you can all imagine how horribly inbred that lineage is XDDDDD

My D'Hennegels, so far, are named after mythological figures.

They're not inbred, though.

One of my splits has it's grandparents twice- I think a brother and a sister had babies... It's Blacksun And Darkmoon, if you want to see for yourself; they're right at the top of my scroll, handily enough.

I have a split dragon that is EXTREMELY inbred. Like, the same pair of CB great great great etc etc grandparents appears like 5 or so times.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/ggF0

i think this is it...

But i don't really mind. I just keep all of their children to my own scroll, and no one can really do anything about it. Personally, i dont find inbred dragons disturbing or unattractive or anything. Just ignore the lineages. When i was really new to dragoncave, I didn't really see the significance of the lineages, and then I joined the forums and found out that a lot of people really care about it.

You know, sometimes inbreeding is good for population. If it happens sometimes, the species can tolerate it more easily. ^^ just a fact from biology book c:

Two of my first eight dragons are inbred. I realized the first one (a black) was inbred early on, but I didn't realize just how rampantly inbred the second (a split) was until 3-4 weeks ago, which is kinda sad considering I got him back in 2008.

I might have other inbred dragons on my scroll, but I'm too lazy to check.

I just bred a Geode for someone that has a brother and sister for parents. I don't really get the whole obsession with inbreeding / not inbreeding. In real life it's a big issue, but here? If anything, it's a good tool to keep a certain breed / lineage clean. =P

I don't purposely inbreed, but I would never abandon a dragon just because of it's lineage. I really don't care about lineage usually. And I always keep inbreds. Just don't breed them.

(I am a newbie, and I already have 5 inbreeds!)

To make sure if they are 1st gen or whatever gen they are on my scroll, I put the roman numeral for the number generation. This makes inbreeding harder. I also write down the names of my inbreds.

Verdigris Wolfe (Vine)

Wave Wolfe (Water)

SummerEliza (Gray)

Gabriel Wolfe (Guardian)

Bard Wolfe (Magi) <Definitely not abandoning this guy, he'll get teleport!

I have several inbred dragons, up to and including blacks, reds, stripes, and a silver. I actually zombie-fied my first silver (bred for me by my sister, HORRIBLY inbred) but she was excited about that ("OMG one of my silver's babies is a zombie!!!1") When renaming comes I'll check all my inbreds again and give them the surname I started using.

Edited by klinneah

Angelwolf- My second dragon was an inbred. So was my third. ^^

Quarec Carlyle and Gyshling Yax, respectively.

I was having a hard time getting hold of any reds, so I purposely inbred two myself. I managed to pick another up in the AP, so I'll have four in a week or so. It's still not enough for me, though.

Lucky that I fully intend to keep them all, huh?!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Qmv1  the 6th gen of my inbred lineage biggrin.gif

cookie to whoever knows the song

"Heaven's Not Enough" from Wolf's Rain. I thought I saw "Stray" somewhere but I think that was on another site.

.....Now I feel inspired to do a "Gravity" lineage. Love that song. It is a beautiful lineage. I would love to get an egg from you sometime. Wolf's Rain is the only anime I've watched.

Here's my latest baby but it's part of my inbred lineage. http://dragcave.net/lineage/LX6c

I'm currently trying to find the most inbred dragon on the site. Right now I'm raising a storm hatchie who has 228 cases of inbreeding. She's the most inbred so far but the search continues.

Edited by Sir Barton

I have a few little inbreds, mostly either vampires or frozen hatchlings. If I find a name or theme in a lineage that tickles me, I keep it, regardless of how inbred it may be.

But since I know I can be forgetful...or just dense...I make sure they can't be accidentally bred by vamping them or freezing.

My exceptions are this split girl and her mother. http://dragcave.net/lineage/z1O2 She was a DataMonster victim who was returned to me and I just couldn't bring myself to abandon her to the wilderness as I had all the other breedable inbreds last summer.

My most inbred has to be this gent with 72 reoccurring dragons: http://dragcave.net/lineage/TaIJ

And my first AP Thuwed, Capt Jack, had a beautiful, if inbred, even gen lineage: http://dragcave.net/lineage/J8cK I couldn't let him go, so I vamped him.

I have a number of others, but with almost a hundred frozens and over 40 vamps, it'd take quite a bit of time to check everyone.

Oh, and Sir Barton? I just had to say I adore Pinky's description. smile.gif

Edited for forgetfulness

Edited by RMMC

I'm currently trying to find the most inbred dragon on the site. Right now I'm raising a storm hatchie who has 228 cases of inbreeding. She's the most inbred so far but the search continues.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/bX9U I kept loosing count but I did get around 225 so depending on how badly I lost count it is close to 228.

Edited by rubyshoes

To my knowledge, the dragon I own should be one of the most inbred dragons on the site.

Ridiculous Inbred Elder Daniel with 359 cases of inbreeding.

To my knowledge, the dragon I own should be one of the most inbred dragons on the site.

Ridiculous Inbred Elder Daniel with 359 cases of inbreeding.

Very nice. I love the lineage on that one - so many pretty dragons.