Thorn

Let's hear about all your little inbred darlings..

Quite a few of my dragons are inbred, can't remember them all though! laugh.gif

But I'll talk about my two frozen hatchlings, who are brother and sister (their parents in hatchling form, lol). Both are inbred on their father's side, who has a bit of inbreeding a few generations back.

I adore them though. biggrin.gif

Hehe, I was amused when someone named this. Poor little "inbred." tongue.gif

A couple years ago I caught an inbred black hatchling. I released it, and caught it a few minutes later. When I wound up releasing and catching it again, I decided it had earned a spot on my scroll, and when I went through its ancestors I discovered it was the great grandbaby of one of my favorite pairs of dragons. I made up a sweet story about how it was rejected from its own clan for being inbred and wandered the world, lost and lonely, until it was recognized and accepted by its family in my clan. I think that might have been my first ever accepted description . . . anyway, I loved that little inbred, and I'm sad I abandoned that scroll and had to start a new one. Now I make a policy of checking all the inbreds I catch for relatives on my scroll, so I can try to recreate the story of that hatchling. smile.gif

Golden Dream of Hope My first Metallic, and also the first one I knew was inbred. I didn't mind it at first, but when I learned that it was only inbred by one CB gold, I was peeved, but I'm over it now. I'm still trying to get golds from it.

Ultimate Red Dorkface At first, I didn't know this one was inbred. It wasn't until I checked the linage that I realized it was a dorkface, and inbred. This is the mate for my gold dragon, and has been since I figured it out.

Freezing Sad Winter Thuwed I thought this was my first Thuwed, so I was peeved when finding it was inbred, and only by a CB Storm Dragon. I froze it, because I wanted to keep it, but didn't think I'd ever breed it due to that.

Poor Vined Thuwed Seeing it was inbred, I got it as an egg that had about 4 days and 18 hours left, and I didn't have a frozen vine that hadn't gendered, I decided to freeze this one. This was inbred by only because of one CB Stone.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/AcmN This was the only one of Golden Dream of Hopes children I've kept. I have yet to name it something with dorkface in it.

No Gender Dystiny I never checked the linage for this until now. I froze it because I didn't think it'd grow up, or even gender, and I didn't want to release it. (It gendered female, and I was surprised by that due to my previous thoughts about it.) It's inbred only by a CB Silver.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/fNrl This I don't think I knew it was inbred. It was only inbred by one CB vine, and a CB Black named Shadow Kissed. More than the others I've seen so before this next one.

Frozen Horse of Time This was actually inbred by one of my own dragons being repeated. I really had no idea at the time, but I found out about it in time to freeze this one.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/OhBV and http://dragcave.net/lineage/gX5J are probably the most inbred of the ones on my scroll.

If Vampires count:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/cn7K I think I bit this only because of the inbreeding I saw, and, now that I think about it, part of the linage looks like it was done on purpose, trying to have all dragons in one linage except for one repeated in the linage of the parents of one of the dragons in that linage.

And... I think that's all of them. And now I have an urge to create a story about all my inbreds.

Edit: Edited because some links went to the wrong place. sleep.gif

Edited by Mysticwave

yay for my newest inbreds! xd.png

Psychos, a frozen Black female baby with an immense lineage is inbred at least four times. was caught in the AP (obviously was someone's failed-alt attempt). it was a luck to catch a gendered hatchling, and especially female-gendered, since from the very first time I saw female Black hatchies, I realized that I'll have one named Psychos. it's a nickname of my best friend, her hair is black, she's almost always dressed in black and this sprite resembles her very much. *am I crazy? no! it does resemble her!!!*

Typos Ewus, a frozen s1 Black hatchie, inbred at least twice. I don't know what Ewus means. I just got this name in my headwhen saw its code - TPEW.

Black Phoenix is named in honour of his mom and grandmom who have Phoenix in their names. as all of my frozen Blacks it was an AP catch. it's inbred only once (if I haven't missed anything).

Oring Darksoul, another s1 Black hatchie is inbred at least thrice (though I can swear it was inbred more! it has become less inbred cuz some dragons in the lineage was deceased). it's name is a combination of his parents' names. those frozen hatchies are doing great job for me smile.gif they are getting me closer to my Silver Trophy!

Frozen Flower is a frozen Vine s1 hatchling. a beautiful name, isn't it? it's inbred at least six times! another AP catch of mine.

Okko D'Hennegel is another owner of monstrously long lineage. it's a s1 Vine hatchie, and its great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great (hope I counted it right) grand parents are D'Hennegels. sadly noone else in the lineage has D'Hennegel name. it's inbred at least 4 times (with the same CB Pebble).

Icy Draco - an Ice s1 hatchie is inbred at least twice. I snagged an ER egg (or was itr a hatchie already? can't say for sure) in the AP. it was Valentine madness, Vals were breeding and good stuff was thrown away to make space for Val eggs. noone responded to my post in LiT and I desided to keep the baby. I LOVE Ice dragons!

Magmatic Soul is my dearest Magma! try to imagine that you have only Magma missing from the Legendary Trio, and can't manage to trade for it and mysteriously manage to be offline at all Magma FFAs at Rare Departure thread... imagine how happy I was when one wonderful person offered it in TGT and I was fast enough to claim it first. yes, it's very long and messy lineaged and inbred at least twice, but it was the very thing I missed for starting Summoning! and even after I caugt a CB Magma a week later, I still continued loving Magmatic Soul that much and being happy to have it. I'm breeding it every week, trying to get Magma eggs (unfortulately, she's given me none yet) that I'm going to gift, cuz I know that there are always people who do not care about the lineage and inbreeding, they just dream about the dragon and I would be happy to make their day.

I love all draggies equally. I look at the incubators and think "I wish they could all know how much I love them" and its true, if they only new im always there for them, weather all they need is a hug (click) or someone to listen to them (veiws) or a friend (unique veiws) ill give the best I can. smile.gif

Yes thats how in interpt those three elements in growing a dragon.

I don't really understand why people dislike inbreeding. There is absolutely no effect on the offspring because of it. It's just a game, and the dragons are sprites, not people. (Don't take that the wrong way people! I am on this thing 24/7 and I love and am so proud of my dragons! But what I meant by "it's just a game" is...) It's not illegal, and inhumane, doesn't cause deformities, or whatever reasons inbreeding is wrong in humans and dogs and stuff.

When I'm hunting for eggs in the AP I don't SEARCH for inbreds, and if I get one I throw it back but that's not because I don't like them or think they're gross. It's because my goal right now is to collect 1 CB male and 1 CB female of each breed, and if I want to do a pretty inbred lineage, it obviously has to be with dragons on my scroll. Haters hate me all you want, I don't dislike people who don't like inbreeding. It's your personal preference and I respect that. For a newb like me, inbreeding is easy and a good way to start breeding to get a feel for the breeding world. Plus, some inbred lineages are really preeeeetty smile.gif

Edited by kissxthestarz

xd.png I recently discovered that my original split female that I've been breeding was inbred at one point: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ok2a

I went "Oh crap" for 5 seconds, before going "meh, whatever."

So now I think I have 3 inbred splits sitting on my scroll (grandmother, mother, and son)

Don't worry, my darling splits, it doesn't change anything. *hugs*

Inbreeding is a valid way to get more dragons from a limited number, so it is a useful tool for new players. I don't try to inbreed if I can help it, simply to keep the lineages interesting. But that's a personal preference wink.gif

Yeah, inbreeding doesn't cause problems, but I

am *hangs head* a perfectionist. I don't necessarily

hate inbred dragons, but I don't like them either,

simply because I like it all to be perfect. Weird,

yeah, but still.

My lovely Silver Celevon Foaloke Cael is an inbred: http://dragcave.net/lineage/o3mM

I'm terribly fond of him, even though he's an inbred and has yet to give me a single Silver egg in the more-than-two-years I've been breeding him. He was my very first mettalic, and a gift. <3

I've continued to breed him, even since I discovered that he's inbred. He's got a Purple mate, so when he gives me Purple eggs I can keep them for the BSA, even if I don't plan to breed them - and if he ever gives me a Silver I'll certainly keep it and love it as well. I really love the Silver hatchlings, and eventually plan to freeze one of each gender, plus a S1. :3

I love my inbred pair Brynmor Silvertongue and Audra Trovao. They used to throw silvers (once had a 4-clutch with 3 silvers) and they gave me an egg every week. Then things changed and they only made grays and then stopped producing that much. :-/ Even so, they are still my most productive dragons. I think I'll go breed them for old times' sake. <3

One of my Sunsong is highly inbred. Its father is my Sunsong's mother's son xd.png

My inbreds are mostly frozen hatchies... most are members of the Frozen Inbred Vines Army.. lol and one is a frozen Purple Dorsal hatchie

I have two inbred BSA pink adults and one inbred Ice thats gonna be an adult soon.

These are my inbreds so far

Schweppervescence Dorkface has at least 1 dragon that appears in the lineage more than once.

Golden Lacquer has at least 1 dragon that appears in the lineage more than once.

An Eclipse of time has at least 4 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Emrald Tyger has at least 6 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Bluedanube Dorkface has at least 7 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Duke of Carrick has at least 11 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Rock my World Thuwed has at least 24 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Sighing Winds has at least 27 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

and my two big ones

Forste has at least 79 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

Stattyc has at least 98 dragons that appear in the lineage more than once.

These two are quite impressive I thought LOL

I have an old inbred Split dragon from 2008. It's my most prized inbred, since I don't usually pick those up.

I've got many inbred Blunas as well, since I take in abandoned and/or gifted Bluna eggs no matter what. <3

I love my inbred pair Brynmor Silvertongue and Audra Trovao. They used to throw silvers (once had a 4-clutch with 3 silvers) and they gave me an egg every week. Then things changed and they only made grays and then stopped producing that much. :-/ Even so, they are still my most productive dragons. I think I'll go breed them for old times' sake. <3

Well, shock of all shocks! blink.gif

Bred them a couple weeks in a row after posting that and of course, no egg. Just bred them right now and they tossed me a silver! ohmy.gif

*pets precious eggie*

I've got several inbred babies who I love. :3

My most precious would have to be Little Pebble That Could. She's (I know she's ungendered, I call her a she) my only neglected dragon and she's inbred once and I love her. <3

Her 'friend' is Apoptotic Bleb, who, despite being nasty-lineaged and inbred, I couldn't bear to abandon because of her code (BLeB). I'm a biology nerd, so this egg was basically MEANT for me. :P

There's also of course my intentionally inbred red lineage. :D I love them all.

I have a lot of inbred dragons on my scroll. Way back when I first started I managed to grab a silver female off the AP and breed her a few times. Never paid any attention to the lineage at the time. Unfortunately for me now, she was inbred. (So were a couple other commons that I had bred). So a fair few of my inbred dragons are my fault. sad.gif

Lately though, whenever I grab an inbred dragon off the AP, I try to name it accordingly. I don't use them in breeding projects, but I don't kill them or "throw them back", either. I just keep them at the bottom of my scroll.

This is my list of inbreds:

Inbred Incubating Dorkface

Inbred Fertility Dorkface

A Cryin' Shame - Inbred

Sirius LeeIn Bred

GRRR - Another Inbred

Sunstorm Timarell Stilrun IB

Inbred Shallow Waters

Thuwed's Water Witch Legacy IB

Blizzard's Water Lily IB

Princess Aerial Smurf IB

Cloudy Chaos Draconis IB

Icy Snowman IB

Zu-Zu's Petals IB

Zoe Washburn IB

Glowing Silver Cloud IB

Silver Screen Princess IB

Tyr's Silver Glow IB

5 hugs for Mom IB

8 an X-Man IB

Kyd's X-Man IB

Slightlea Inbred

My Kyd IB

Shepherd Book IB

Bulli IB

BeeEeeeeek IB

Instead of renaming all the ones that already had names, I just added "IB" to the name to indicate to me that it's inbred.

I haven't bred any of them lately, although my daughter gave me the funny idea of creating the "Ultimate Inbred Dragon". xd.png I think I may try that! I just need 5 or 6 more male inbreds to complete the "lineage". biggrin.gif LOL!! xd.png