Completely Different

Doctor Who

Just like how Amy appeared in another episode in 10's era- only it wasn't Amy? Or how Wilfred appeared in another episode and their excuse was "Well, it COULD have been him".

It's a little silly, honestly.

peter capaldi was also in the same episode as amy during number 10's era

OOH thank goodness there's a Doctor Who topic smile.gif

I recently became a HUGE Doctor Who fan over the past summer, as some of my friends were raving about the show, and I figured I should give it a chance. Good thing I did haha biggrin.gif Now I always ask myself, "Why didn't I see this show earlier?!"

Better late than never, right? haha xd.png

t absolutely love Ten as the Doctor!! David Tennant, I think, is a wonderful actor, and he really did a great job as the Doctor.

When Matt came along, I was a bit hesitant to accept him as the Doctor, but now I also think he was great! I had to open up my heart up a bit more to love Matt too, but in time, a space was made in my heart for Matt, and quirky Matt is now a favorite of mine too! I cried when he regenerated…. :'(

I hope Peter Capaldi will be a great Doctor, though! smile.gif

How did you all think of the 50th Anniversary special? How did you watch it? I saw it in 3D in my local theater, then promptly downloaded the episode onto my iTunes!! biggrin.gif

How did you guys think of the Christmas Special with Matt, when he regenerated? smile.gif

Edited by LumosSeeker148

How did you all think of the 50th Anniversary special? How did you watch it? I saw it in 3D in my local theater, then promptly downloaded the episode onto my iTunes!! biggrin.gif

How did you guys think of the Christmas Special with Matt, when he regenerated? smile.gif

I was going to watch it at the theater, but the roads were so icy that I ended up downloading it on my laptop and watching it there. I really enjoyed it; I wish I could have seen it on the big screen. :/

LOL, that question made me realize that I never posted an opinion about the Christmas special. I thought it was meh; not too awful but not great. Then again, I can't think of any Christmas specials that I've particularly liked. x3 I did have to explain it to a friend afterwards because it was a bit complicated.

I'm looking forward to the next season - I wanna see Capaldi! *was going to respond to more things in the thread but decided she was going too deep into things she doesn't need to*

My favourite Regeneration was Smith's one happy.gif

My favourite Doctor is the 10th though! Favourite companion is Rose!! I really love Doctor Who! I have Weeping Angel lego and Sonic screwdriver

My sister was watching over my shoulder I was watching the Christmas special (but she's not a DW person) and when 11 regenerated into Capaldi she said it looked he just sneezed his face off. tongue.gif lol xd.png

technically there are 13 doctors, john hurt was featured as the doctor that was around during the time war. and peter capaldi will be the final doctor. (unless the doctor can regenerate more than 13 times and didn't bother to tell anyone).

i) Check the date for that post wink.gif

ii) The Doctor has been gifted a whole new regeneration cycle; that's another 12 regenerations altogether smile.gif

Well. Here I am, I guess.

So I've watched some episodes of the Eleventh Doctor recently (more to get a feel of the series than anything), and while initially I was a bit 'what the censorkip.gif is going on' towards everything, it eventually started to grow on me. (Though I was a bit sad to learn that some of the early episodes got destroyed, because I was looking forward to going back and watching those.)

As of the moment I've watched The Eleventh Hour, Beast Below, and Victory of the Daleks. I'll just say right here, I was kind of surprised by how much the Daleks scared me. Something that looks like a mutated salt shaker has no right to be that scary. Also I will be forever sobbing over how many feels Beast Below gave me.

So....does anyone have any episode recommendations for me, or specific doctors to watch? I am quite liking Eleven so far, but I am willing to try things out, being new to the fandom and all.

ALL the episodes since 2005, except Love and Monsters. tongue.gif

Good stand alone episodes are Blink and Midnight.

I've heard a bit about Blink and Midnight. Supposedly Blink is insanely scary, though, so.....should I watch that one during the day time, or with someone around for moral support or something? Because I haven't even seen any Weeping Angels episodes and they already sound terrifying.

And Midnight sounds very good as well. Though I've heard good things about both of those episodes, to be honest.

Now, I do have a big box DVD set of Season 5 (Matt Smith) to watch, but is there anywhere that I could watch the revival series for free? Anyone know of any good sites?

A couple episodes you must not miss (from the Tennant era) are Silence in the library/The forest of the dead.

Oh, and The Waters of Mars.

Edit: grammar fail

Edited by Naughtrish

Well. Here I am, I guess.

So I've watched some episodes of the Eleventh Doctor recently (more to get a feel of the series than anything), and while initially I was a bit 'what the censorkip.gif is going on' towards everything, it eventually started to grow on me. (Though I was a bit sad to learn that some of the early episodes got destroyed, because I was looking forward to going back and watching those.)

As of the moment I've watched The Eleventh Hour, Beast Below, and Victory of the Daleks. I'll just say right here, I was kind of surprised by how much the Daleks scared me. Something that looks like a mutated salt shaker has no right to be that scary. Also I will be forever sobbing over how many feels Beast Below gave me.

So....does anyone have any episode recommendations for me, or specific doctors to watch? I am quite liking Eleven so far, but I am willing to try things out, being new to the fandom and all.

Honestly, I recommend starting back at the ninth doctor and watching them all.

........Just watched my first Angel episode. Not Blink, but still traumatizing.

I think I need some hardcore medication. And brain bleach.

On another hand, VoV was a very good episode. Though, admittedly, the fish people were a bit weird.

Honestly, I don't know how one show can both terrify and delight me. What was my life before I discovered this?

........Just watched my first Angel episode. Not Blink, but still traumatizing.

I think I need some hardcore medication. And brain bleach.

On another hand, VoV was a very good episode. Though, admittedly, the fish people were a bit weird.

Honestly, I don't know how one show can both terrify and delight me. What was my life before I discovered this?

Hahaha yeah once you start it the show kind of grabs on to you eh? Definitely watch starting with 9 in 2005; I think that watching them in order, while not necessary, does help to understand how everything from all the seasons ties into each other.

Blink is probably my favorite episode of the whole thing - mostly because I really really love the creepy enemies like them and the silence - and blink was just...ahhh no words:)

I think most of the episodes since 2005 are on netflix now, except for the most recent specials...of course you need a netflix account for that but that's what I use so o.O

I use Netflix too and I agree that Vampires of Venice is a really good episode... but "The Impossible Astronaut" kinda freaked me out.

I quite like Capaldi's costume as the Doctor. Rather simple, but I feel like it fits what's been said so far about the upcoming series. The red is nice touch. Also, it feels a bit Classic to me... which I'm totally okay with since I've been saying for a while that I want a more Classic era-like regeneration. I guess we'll see when the next series begins. x3

edit: Aaaand I just saw someone on Tumblr call it "Peter’s Capaldigan".

Edited by Dimar

I quite like Capaldi's costume as the Doctor. Rather simple, but I feel like it fits what's been said so far about the upcoming series. The red is nice touch. Also, it feels a bit Classic to me... which I'm totally okay with since I've been saying for a while that I want a more Classic era-like regeneration. I guess we'll see when the next series begins. x3

edit: Aaaand I just saw someone on Tumblr call it "Peter’s Capaldigan".

100% totally agree. Some people are insulting it, saying it's not 'eccentric' enough, but Capaldi isn't Matt. He may not be an eccentric doctor. He could be normal for once. It's possible. The first doctor was rather.... not completely insane.

So I did download 'Rose' to my Iphone to watch it. Gotta say, I'm kind of enjoying Nine's dark sense of humor a lot more than I really should be. He seems to kind of bounce between 'wow everything is so cool' and 'I'm going to rip your internal organs out with a spoon'.....and it somehow works.

That being said, I just....kind of have mixed feelings about Rose so far. She doesn't really seem to have any kind of defining characteristic that sets her apart from all the other companions, and to be honest her writing seemed a little weak to me. I've heard she does go through some major character development throughout the series, though, so I guess I'll give her a chance.

The monsters felt kind of underwhelming, too, but maybe that was just me. Really, the most dangerous thing they did was creepily run after people and shoot them. They didn't really have the same kind of....flair that some of the other monsters in the series have, for lack of a better term. Though the thought of all the plastic in the world suddenly coming to life is a bit creepy.

And tut tut, Mickey. Everyone knows that strange body parts that possibly come from another dimension should be set on fire and then blown up rather than thrown behind a couch.

That being said, it was still a fairly good episode, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing more of the Ninth Doctor.

(I am still inwardly weeping over the fact that my TV plan doesn't include BBC America.)

Well, you have to remember that 'Rose' was shot back in 2004, so the graphics aren't very good. Once you get up to current episodes, things are very well thought out, and the graphics are amazing!

Well, you have to remember that 'Rose' was shot back in 2004, so the graphics aren't very good. Once you get up to current episodes, things are very well thought out, and the graphics are amazing!

I am considering that, yes. Though, admittedly, the special effects are probably far better here than in the classic series. And I am kind of liking certain things about the series, like Nine's dark sense of humor and all. So I guess we'll see how this goes! smile.gif

I am considering that, yes. Though, admittedly, the special effects are probably far better here than in the classic series. And I am kind of liking certain things about the series, like Nine's dark sense of humor and all. So I guess we'll see how this goes! smile.gif

Oh, gosh, yeah, the Classics got me a bit, the first few doctors were hard to watch. Once you get to colour it gets a lot easier.

Haha, I think the bad effects of the classic series are part of what endears it to me. But then again, I've always liked old stuff and black-and-white shows so that might have something to do with it. xd.png

I've been watching the classic series lately, and enjoying it quite a bit. It's campy and slow in places, but does have a certain charm once you get used to it.

I'd muchly recommend watching the second Doctor's episodes, if you can find them (the ones with existing footage, that is.) The Seeds of Death and The Krotons are especially good. The Dominators is also worth a watch for the unintentionally amusing costumes, IMO.

Two reminds me quite a bit of Ten, really. Kind of surprising since I expected the Doctor that came after Hartnell to be more serious.

Well my favorite doctor is eleven aka Matt Smith because he is kind of amazing lol my favorite companion is Amy Pond (I like Rory Williams as well because, ya know, and also River. Basically the whole family).

I love the episodes (some are sets of episodes): Silence in the Library, The Angels take Manhattan, The Eleventh Hour, The Impossible Astrounaut, and Lets Kill Hitler.

Obviously I love other episodes too and I like all of the doctors, not to worry.

I like the show. My only complaint is how much of a Gary Stu Dr.Who looks like to me sometimes.

I hate the fanbase.

Sometimes I go on social media sites just to poke them with a stick, criticizing Dr. Who just to see their reactions.

My favorite one thus far is:

"Lol ur juts an idiot cuz u cant appreciate it! I bet u play CoD or smth. Go home kid!"

I'd like to say this was a one-time thing, but no. I know people in real life who say similar things when someone criticizes that show in front of them.

Edited by Psyduсk