Completely Different

Doctor Who

The second episode was pretty awful, IMO.

Must admit, I wasn't impressed.

You two are making me relieved I didn't bother going out Saturday night to a friend's to see it! xd.png I'll watch the repeat next week.

Somewhat glad to see I'm not the only one who thought so.

I don't think this episode was badly done, per se, but it didn't have nearly enough light elements to balance out the dark.

I didn't really care for it either but I did like the second half better than the first.

Second episodes of a series - especially with new Dr or companion on board - are generally considered 'worse,' but I think it's because the episode is there more to showcase the character and how they differ/act compared to previous Drs/companions. With that in mind I enjoyed this episode to see just how this Dr is different - less running, more talking, and a very dark and conflicted character that certainly needs the moral anchor of companion(s).

And with 51yrs behind the show, a lot of episodes will bear a greater or lesser resemblance to prior stories. I agree it does strike me as another version of 'Dalek,' whether intentional or not, but it does give us a direct way of seeing how 12 differs/compares to 9.

I do feel guarded about the next episode, but one things for sure - Clara's red dress is *gorgeous.* Jenna herself just looks stunning. As in beautiful stunning, not sexy stunning.

Spoilers! I personally liked Into the Dalek not only because I'm a major Dalek fan, but I've often wondered what the inside of a Dalek would be like. Underneath all that metal you get the same thing as a human...kind of, even though Daleks have no emotion except for hatred, but what would happen when a Dalek was to think outside the box? You get Rusty. Yes, it seems to be a repeat of Dalek, but it's not. The one in Dalek was becoming half human and was going to have the Dalkes live through him. In this episode however, it was clear that a Dalek did turn good and turned on it's own kind by looking at the hatred the Doctor had of the Daleks. I was kind of bummed that there was no 'good' Dalek after all, but at least it was a big leap in the world of Daleks.

Robin Hood episode wasn't bad, I actually enjoyed it.

Robin Hood episode wasn't bad, I actually enjoyed it.

Yes, must admit it appealed to us too. I think Peter is doing a very good job.

Also, although I think the theme tune should never have been altered in the first place, for once I'm grudgingly liking this one. At least the cogs and roman time numerals are more fitting for the programme.

Looking forward to next week's episode!

So....favourite episodes? Favourite companion? Favourite Doctors?

Frontier in space, Jo, third doctor.

To add to that, favourite villain: 1st Master. (followed by daleks)

Also, I have a Master and a Dalek.

i like capaldi, but everything seems... to be dull in a weird way. the writing seems to be changing

I had mixed feelings about this episode. I didn't like it yet at the same time I loved it.

Favorites:

Episode:

"Vincent and the Doctor".

Companion:

Doctor Donna.

Quote or Conversation:

Amy: You want to be forgiven.

Doctor: Don't we all?

Etc:

Mass Effect is like a... if it wasn't for game 3 which sucked in every way possible... a perfect combination of Doctor Who, Firefly, Farscape, Star Trek Voyager, Starcraft, and Lexx.

The arrival in Sherwood Forest reminded me of Sarah Jane's first trip in the Tardis.

I don't remember the Doctor actually doing much beyond being a sceptic about Robin Hood, or did I miss something? (I am doing well in the online quiz, though!)

The Doctor didn't do much, apart from fighting Robing Hood all the time lol.

But we meet again with robots, so I am sensing some kind of arc developing. Not a huge fan of those, though.

My favorite episodes are the ones with the Daleks. I love the Daleks and I am a huge fan of them. The episode I really love is Daleks in Manhatten cause it's the very first episode I fully watched, but now I'm leaning towards Into the Dalek because of certain reasons.

The Doctor didn't do much, apart from fighting Robing Hood all the time lol.

But we meet again with robots, so I am sensing some kind of arc developing. Not a huge fan of those, though.

i think the heaven thing might be a giant database

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I'm looking forward to next weeks as well.

I enjoyed it, there were a few twists in there. Unfortunately I can't help thinking that although it was a good story, it wasn't particularly a 'Dr. who' type one.

Plus, I couldn't help thinking about any younger ones who would be going to bed a while after it and probably telling their parents that they wanted the light leaving on! Having said that, I'm not sure that that age group are the viewing public now, not like when I was small!

I so wanted to grab that blanket and see what was underneath!

And a timelord that's scared of the dark?

I don't know, perhaps I'm over-analyzing things.

Again an episode centered in Clara. When the Doctor yells at her "Do as you're told!" I thought "finally he is going to put her in the right place" Alas, wishful thinking.

And I agree with quinney, a Time Lord scared of the dark? I did like the War Doctor showing up though smile.gif

Yes, that was a pleasant surprise cameo! The Doctor, though, didn't actually seem to do all that much again. When will he be back to 'normal', do you think? huh.gif

The Doctor, though, didn't actually seem to do all that much again. When will he be back to 'normal', do you think? huh.gif

I'm kinda thinking that this is it.