Completely Different

Doctor Who

I haven't seen it yet (going on Monday) but I'm already worried I'll be under dressed. I can't afford a fancy-shmancy costume so I'm just going in my Allons-y t-shirt and a bow tie.

And just finished watching it for a second time a little bit ago. I really do like this one. It is on again in a couple of hours so I'll probably watch a third time. I really enjoyed the last 5 minutes or so (but will not say anymore as it might spoil it for some) smile.gif

Yep, agree with Ruby, loved the last few minutes!

Enjoyed most of it in fact.

That sounds like a great experience, Herk! xd.png

I will only say (for now) that I loved the banter.

I don't think it is a spoiler, but just in case xd.png

Edited by Naughtrish

I just returned home from watching it. IT WAS SO AWESOME. SO AWESOME. The audience actually clapped at the end of the show biggrin.gif

I finally managed to find somewhere to watch DOTD and I have to say simply marvelous!!! I watched it with my roommate and we both just loved it. Absolutely incredible work!

Indeed, that was one awesome episode. I can't even believe that Moffat wrote it, for one time one of his stories actually made sense and was fully resolved.

It was freaking fantastic!!!! I can hardly wait till Monday when I can go see the movie, I bet (certain scenes that will remain unnamed until later) will be terrific to see big! With surround sound! And did I mention big! tongue.gif

Edited to add----- it was brilliantly awesome! Or awesomely brilliant! Whichever way you want to say it! The (certain scenes that will remain unnamed until later) was as fantastic as I thought! I highly recommend seeing it on the big screen, you see so much more detail! The audience clapped at the beginning and after the Strax movie behavoir shortie., and then again when the movie started, when the curator was on, and then at the ending. Excellent, excellent time.

Edited by kzspot

David and Matt should do this stuff more often, and when David started to talk to that rabbit it was so funny. the 5oth anniversary nearly made me cry.

I wasn't able to go to the theater after all because my roommate (who was the driver) didn't want to drive in this icy weather. So I downloaded the episode and just finished watching it...

Wow. That was so beautiful! I actually cried a little, which I rarely do. I'm so excited! xd.png

The BBC have revealed the title and details for the Doctor Who 2013 Christmas special! The episode, which will be Matt Smith's final as The Doctor, is called 'The Time of the Doctor' and will air on Christmas Day on BBC One.

Check out the synopsis:

"Orbiting a quiet backwater planet, the massed forces of the universe’s deadliest species gather, drawn to a mysterious message that echoes out to the stars. And amongst them – the Doctor. Rescuing Clara from a family Christmas dinner, the Time Lord and his best friend must learn what this enigmatic signal means for his own fate and that of the universe." - just in case you don't want to know xd.png

The movie was amazing <3 I won't give any spoilers, but I just wanted to share my viewing experience with y'all c;

The line was really long! When we finally got in the theater and got seats the movie didn't start until 15 minutes after it was supposed to because they were having technical difficulties. When it first started there was no sound! Everyone yelled "We want sound!" xd.png Then the screen showed a computer error message!! It was awesome. Everyone was taking pictures. A bunch of people were pointing their sonic screwdrivers at the screen in an attempt to fix it x3

I was slightly disappointed that it wasn't Metacrisis Doctor and Rose. Assumed it would be. But I didn't want to read up ANYTHING about the episode beforehand anyway. Looking back on it... I think it is indeed one of my favourite episodes. But I just don't like Moffat's writing style as much as RTD (although I suppose I'm contradicting myself, as he wrote some of my favourite episodes with DT). I adored the last scenes. Just wish that Eccleston had made a comeback - he decided not to. He could have just done that one scene for a couple of moments, just for the fans...

*jumps on the happy train* The Day of the Doctor was pretty amazing! I loved how the different Doctors worked together, the humor was great and not overly exaggerated. I sort of liked the way Rose fit into the whole thing...it made more sense to me than bringing her back some other way and adding a whole different layer of emotion to the story that wouldn't really belong.

I do have to say the ending had some flimsy parts though. It worked if you didn't focus on anything too much, and I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it, but just Hurt and Tennant's Doctors not remembering what happened because "the time streams were crossed" or something was a weak explanation. I also haven't figured out how all the previous versions of the Doctor were aware of the situation and assisted in making Gallifrey disappear, since obviously he shouldn't even know about the Time War at those points in his life.

But on the whole it was a great episode, especially compared to some other recent episodes by Moffat that frustrated me greatly.

I am so happy the day of the doctor was fantastic! I named a few of my dragons after the episode and quotes from it!

Ahahaha that pairing.

And yeah, retconning all of the last six seasons? Suddenly he made the right choice and gets a clear conscience? Fantastic, that deep brooding 9th doctor and the regretful 10th are meaningless, and we're left with a happy go lucky clown. Make Matt Smith go away already, I am so ready for Peter Capaldi. I can't wait for Christmas. >_>

Ahahaha that pairing.

And yeah, retconning all of the last six seasons?  Suddenly he made the right choice and gets a clear conscience?  Fantastic, that deep brooding 9th doctor and the regretful 10th are meaningless, and we're left with a happy go lucky clown.  Make Matt Smith go away already, I am so ready for Peter Capaldi.  I can't wait for Christmas.  >_>

The thing I like about Smith is that he is innocent but at the same time not.. He's so much like a child and yet he has so much sorrow. spoiler from season 7: You could see that when Rory and Amy left. He acts happy but sometimes you can tell it is more for the companion rather than himself.

Edited by sparkle10184