Completely Different

Doctor Who

So he's just going to mope about and let Clara do everything? ohmy.gif

Again an episode centered in Clara. When the Doctor yells at her "Do as you're told!" I thought "finally he is going to put her in the right place" Alas, wishful thinking.

And I agree with quinney, a Time Lord scared of the dark? I did like the War Doctor showing up though smile.gif

yeah! that thing with the barn was a perfect thing to show it was so beautiful to me

Maybe I'm made of sterner stuff, but not sure how that episode was as scary as some people were saying on my FB feed. Then again it did my Lover jump when the doorbell rang during the spacecraft scene.

For those who don't know, those are the 11 Doctors. And yes, they're all the same character. (Handy little trick, changing your form.  wink.gif )

Wikipedia had changed the image. Now there are 12 wink.gif

Favourite Doctors? Too many, I'd say, pretty much Hartnell to McCoy inclusive. Favourite episodes - ditto. Most watched episode - "Frontier In Space".

Jo Grant (who I still think was one of the most useful female companions), Pertwee's Doctor and Delgado's Master... Plus awesomely made aliens - the Draconians are the best make-up job in DW I can recall. Add to this the reasonable behaviour of everybody involved (common sense? Wow!) and the Master's refusal to blindly believe in his prisoner's death during an escape attempt and you'll see why I like it so much. Or maybe you won't. Your loss biggrin.gif

Should probably catch up on 4th's and 5th's Masters, but I like the original one too much... "My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure!" Really?!

(( OK, I'm done, leaving you to go back to the new episodes, with all the powers of modern special effects rendering and plots I'm ignorant of. I was sooo annoyed with the beasties in "The school reunion" not following basic rules of physics (say, inertia?), that I won't get the courage to go beyond 8th Doctor ever again well, for quite a while. K-9 was the only bright spot I remember from the newer series, but I haven't seen all Tom Baker yet, so there is no shortage of unwatched episodes with both him and good old physics-real cardboard props smile.gif ))

Just two more things. Does anyone else have a feeling that Capaldi sounds similar to Tom Baker (I'm trying to figure out why, but failing)? And, on a related note, has anybody besides me seen said Tom Baker in the Chronicles of Narnia story, "The Silver Chair"?

Edited by Snowwall

Tom Baker as Puddleglum the Marshwiggle! Haven't seen that in a very long time!

No, you're not the only one who saw it! smile.gif

I didn't find 'Listen' all that scary but I can see where it might be for a child (or even myself as a child).

Just two more things. Does anyone else have a feeling that Capaldi sounds similar to Tom Baker (I'm trying to figure out why, but failing)?

Oooh, please don't say that! I just don't like Tom Baker at all in anything!!

Jo Grant (who I still think was one of the most useful female companions), Pertwee's Doctor and Delgado's Master... Plus awesomely made aliens - the Draconians are the best make-up job in DW I can recall. Add to this the reasonable behaviour of everybody involved (common sense? Wow!) and the Master's refusal to blindly believe in his prisoner's death during an escape attempt and you'll see why I like it so much. Or maybe you won't. Your loss biggrin.gif

Should probably catch up on 4th's and 5th's Masters, but I like the original one too much... "My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure!" Really?!

Was that the episode where the Doctor told Jo about the hermit on the mountain? I don't remember much else about that episode, but that has to be one of my favorite scenes out of all the classics I've seen.

I just finished watching Listen (yes, I'm always very behind!) At least I will see Time Heist tonight when it airs, since I'm actually somewhere with a television for once!

I did really enjoy Listen, and it reminded me a lot of the 10th Doctor's episode Midnight (which is one of my favorites). I think I just tend to like darker episodes with ambiguous monsters. But I am not a fan of all the focus on Clara so far... on the other hand, I'm really liking Capaldi's grumpiness. I rarely like companions very much in general.

I'll be missing tonight's episode, will have to watch the repeat next week.

Hope it's a good one!

It was an ok episode but I enjoyed last weeks better.

I liked the new episode, especially because the center of it was, at last, the Doctor biggrin.gif

The ending reminded me of Hide (season 7 ep 9).

We quite enjoyed it. It was the Doctor being the Doctor! Nice twists at the end, making it a good story.

Didn't care much for Caretaker episode maybe next week will be better

Missed the rerun of the bank episode, not sure when I'll get to see it.

Came in late to Caretaker, was underwhelmed. The automaton thing reminded me of the robot in the Sarah Jane Adventures episode Sky.

Was that the episode where the Doctor told Jo about the hermit on the mountain? I don't remember much else about that episode, but that has to be one of my favorite scenes out of all the classics I've seen.

No, I believe it's Frontier in Space.

The Caretaker was okay, nothing special. Getting a bit fed up with Clara trying to keep everything the way she wants it.

Perhaps the writers are trying to get us annoyed with her so we won't miss her when she's gone.

I can't watch 12's episodes until I've finished my exams. //cries in a corner

Anybody can tell me what's happened in the first episode? blink.gif

Anybody can tell me what's happened in the first episode? blink.gif

Stuff happened, the Doctor did a thing.

Stuff happened, the Doctor did a thing.

user posted image

But if you want you can find the trailer for ep 1

Yooooooooooooo, Kill the Moon. Can we talk about Kill the Moon? Because oh my goodness.

I really like a lot of the things in this episode. Courtney in the TARDIS made me so happy. And the Doctor's starting to push Clara too far. Which, while it makes me sad because I like Jenna Coleman, I'm really really liking what that's doing for Clara's character. And that she kept her promise to Danny. Ugh, I just really liked this episode.

I loved this last episode and am liking this Doctor more every day.

Seeing the companion in the Doctor's shoes was interesting. She got to see what's like to be the Doctor and make all the difficult decissions and not be able to ask for another opinion.

I liked the episode, but I could not understand why Clara was so whiny about the Doctor patronising her/the human race/all that rant. She gets on my nerves.