Completely Different

Doctor Who

My favorite doctor: They are all epic, but the 11th might be my favorite.

Favorite Companion: Martha or Donna. They're both smart. Martha's a little smarter but Donna has more personalitiy. Rose was kind of stupid.

I've gotten up to the one after "The Impossible Astronaut", I forget the title. Very intriging ending, I wonder who that was(But don't tell me).

Well, I went on a Doctor Who buying spree the other day. Got the Christmas Carol special, Series Six, the first three episodes that were ever made, and a 'Whology' book. All with the help of some Amazon gift cards I had lying around, too. (Though whole box sets of the series are freaking EXPENSIVE. Like holy crap.)

They're expected to arrive sometime tomorrow, so I can't wait to watch them all!

Favorite ep: Hard choice (Amy's Choice joke goes here), but it has to be The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances for scaring the sh*t out of me (Sorry Blink, jumpscares don't scare me). And for making me yell hoooooolyyyyy waaaaaat at my Tv, Demons Run. I never actually expected Melody to be River, despite figuring out all other twists waaay before they happened (spoilers go here*)

Favorite Doc: Tennant. He can be quirky and funny, but hard and angry when he means business, which I prefer over Smith's almost carefree demeanor. (I tried fish custard, it was actually quote disgusting)

Favorite baddie: I know, Daleks Daleks Daleks, but in my opinion they aren't that scary, just murderbots that don't have any real motives. The Silents however... Those are scary, living amongst us and controlling our every move since birth, manipulating countries, building us up in their own way like a stack of toys. And we can't even remember them doing it.

*+10 Whovian points for reading the word "spoilers" in River's voice

*+10 Whovian points for reading the word "spoilers" in River's voice

You mean there are people who don't? huh.gif

I've been watching the mini episodes recently. (a probably complete list can be found here: link, for those of you who haven't seen them.) I wasn't aware most of these existed until just recently, some are really really good despite only being a few minutes long. Esp Good Night, First Night, and Last Night. And The Inforarium is just bloody clever.

Is there anyone who's favourite doctor is somewhere around 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th? Or am I the only one who prefers the older ones?

Who likes Frontier in space?

Is there anyone who's favourite doctor is somewhere around 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th? Or am I the only one who prefers the older ones?

4th is my favorite smile.gif

Mine is the 3rd. Sometimes I feel as if the first Doctor Who movies compensated for their small budget with creativity and great actors, while the new ones attempt to compensate for good everything else with computer graphics that often forget to obey the basic laws of physics!

Have you seen Frontier in Space?

Mine is the 3rd. Sometimes I feel as if the first Doctor Who movies compensated for their small budget with creativity and great actors, while the new ones attempt to compensate for good everything else with computer graphics that often forget to obey the basic laws of physics!

Yes. but it was so long ago I'd have to "wiki it" to really remember the plot. I've seen all Doctor Who episodes but the "old" ones were seen many years ago.

I just really want to tell someone this.

The Earthmen and Draconians were going to a peace conference. The agreement was that both ships were unarmed. The Earthmen thought the Draconians had come armed because they (Draconians) came in a battle cruiser, so the Earthmen opened fire on them. Now re-read that last part. opened fire on them With what!

Ohhh! blink.gif

It really surprises me how I didn't notice that for a long time. Sounds like the Earthmen weren't perfectly honest.

I just really want to tell someone this.

The Earthmen and Draconians were going to a peace conference. The agreement was that both ships were unarmed. The Earthmen thought the Draconians had come armed because they (Draconians) came in a battle cruiser, so the Earthmen opened fire on them. Now re-read that last part. opened fire on them With what!

Ohhh! blink.gif

It really surprises me how I didn't notice that for a long time. Sounds like the Earthmen weren't perfectly honest.

LOL - That's a very good observation.

Are you watching the "old" Doctor Who now? I've tried (but not that hard) to find Doctor Who "old" episodes on the internet but haven't been successful.

You should try looking at the library. I think I remember someone putting some of the old ones on youtube but not sure about that. Where do you live? If you live in Australia, then Tea Tree Gully Library has quite a few.

At the moment I'm watching Frontier in space again because I like it so much and convincing my sister to show me the ones she borrowed from the library. I've seen some of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th doctors and a tiny bit of 5th and 6th. I heard from my sister about the 7th and 8th. What I saw and heard of the 11th didn't really make me want to see more. Also, apparently there is a 12th one out. That is supposed to be the limit for time lords. I wonder what they'll do when they decide they want more and need a new actor, but realise the doctor has already used 12 lives. Or will they stop? (though that doesn't sound likely.)

You should try looking at the library. I think I remember someone putting some of the old ones on youtube but not sure about that. Where do you live? If you live in Australia, then Tea Tree Gully Library has quite a few.

At the moment I'm watching Frontier in space again because I like it so much and convincing my sister to show me the ones she borrowed from the library. I've seen some of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th doctors and a tiny bit of 5th and 6th. I heard from my sister about the 7th and 8th. What I saw and heard of the 11th didn't really make me want to see more. Also, apparently there is a 12th one out. That is supposed to be the limit for time lords. I wonder what they'll do when they decide they want more and need a new actor, but realise the doctor has already used 12 lives. Or will they stop? (though that doesn't sound likely.)

I actually live in Florida but the library is a good idea.

As far as the regeneration goes, they did come up with a way to have more in the last episode of the latest season but I don't want to "spoil" it so I will not say how.

Tom Baker was the first Doctor I saw, and will always be my favorite. Can't believe he's 80 now, but his curiosity, quick wit and sense of whimsy have always been essential as the best qualities for any Doctor. I have seen all the Hartnell/Hurndall through McCoy, missed the Gann, and have seen all the Eccleston, and the Tennant with Billie Piper.

I need to do some massive catch-up since I have been lacking a TV hookup for a while now, still have not progressed beyond the brilliant Tennant, but each of the Doctors has had something special. Colin Baker is the one I liked least, mostly humorless, and painfully arrogant, and it was really the companions and the lore that kept me going during his incarnation. Sylvester McCoy was a relief after the second Baker, and the darker stories of his term were some of the more interesting tales for me.

The 1st one I saw was The Creature from the pit with Tom Baker and the next one I saw was with Jon Pertwee but I can't remember which one it was.

Mmmmm Favorite Episode.... "Rose" and.... "Blink"

My favorite doctors are 4, 9, and 10 biggrin.gif

and my favorite companions are... Rose, Amy and Rory

I really dislike River though... she only existed to have a relationship with the Doctor really....

I am a recently born Whovian. I like the tenth best.

My favorite episodes are the ones where he is discovering something new (like that strange one on that spa trip with donna) or the episodes where he runs into writers or anyone who can knock him for a loop for a second.

Another Pertwee fan here. biggrin.gif

It's hard to pick a favorite episode of his, I particularly like Inferno, the Green Death, and Carnival of Monsters, and The Three Doctors. I did like the early seasons where the Doctor was stuck on earth, honestly, just for watching the personality clashes between him and the Brigadier.

Oh, and mustn't forget Roger Delgado as the Master. Really, really liked him, as an actor Roger Delgado was absolutely perfect for the role he played.

I've heard some speculation that the twelfth Doctor might have some similarities to the third, hoping that turns out to be true. cool.gif

My top 10 stories in every Doctor Who medium sorted by most liked to least liked (from the ones I've watched/read/listened):

1. A Death in the Family (and how) - Seventh Doctor

2. Something Changed

3. The Gallifrey series especially Pandora

4. The Crystal of Cantus

5. The Tub Full of Cats

6. Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead - Tenth Doctor

7. The Ancestor Cell - Eighth Doctor

8. Gallifrey Chronicles - Eighth Doctor

9. Interference 1+2 - Eighth Doctor

10. The End of Time - Tenth Doctor

Edited by DarkEternity

"That's your plan? You're going to fire me at a planet and expect me to fix it?"

"In fairness that is slightly your MO...."

I do love this episode smile.gif

While I can't say I have a favorite Doctor, I do have to say that Matt Smith is "my Doctor," considering that I started watching during his era. I love them all equally, but because of that, I have an emotional attachment to Matt Smith's version.

user posted image

Ermergehrd, Derkter Wher!

4th! Then 10th and 3rd (pretty close so I won't decide on which I prefer!).

Favourite companion: Sarah Jane

Mr. Kestra, that's just creepy. tongue.gif

My favourite Doctors are 4, 8, and 10. It makes me sad 8 was only shown a couple times sad.gif

Edited by sparkle10184