Completely Different

Doctor Who

I like that he's older, for one thing. Matt Smith was just too young looking, his character too whimsical and immature to convince me that he was really the wise, 900+ year old Time Lord he's supposed to be.

Capaldi seems much more mature, in general, and I'm really really excited to see how he turns out in the show.

I hope Moffat will do this new Doctor some justice.

Also I think Capaldi is very handsome ahem but maybe it's just me

But I'm so excited ohmygosh

I couldn't watch the special so I was on my phone violently refreshing tumblr until I found out who it was. And where I live, 90% of people haven't even heard of DW. Nobody in my family watches it. So I was very alone in my excitement.

This! Even the part in small font biggrin.gif

I'm so excited about this, I just had to share. biggrin.gif The Doctor Who poster for my dorm room came! It's so awesome!

And my roommate is a DW fan as well, so that's a plus. wink.gif

I love that poster.

I have the pandorica opens on my dorm wall

side note. I made a TARDIS shirt last night because boredom. link

I love that poster.

I have the pandorica opens on my dorm wall

side note. I made a TARDIS shirt last night because boredom. link

nnnnghh that shirt is really cool *makes weak grabby hands*

And I think Capaldi will be good. I'm sad Matt will be leaving but now we can all finish our DW clocks :3

So did anyone else watch the Doctor Who TV movie with Paul McGann Saturday night (or when ever it was on for you)?

Didn't see that this time round, rubyshoes.

Just watched Dr. Who at the Proms again, thinking it's such a crying shame that the original theme tune had to be - err - 'updated'. It's a fantastic piece of music.

user posted image

Edited by Kestra15

Erm - Daleks are Daleks. Your scary robotic animal should be a monster in its own right.

I was bored a week ago or so and had an episode (Dinosaurs on a Spaceship) on my DVR. Figured I may as well give it a go.

Weeeell, I'm obsessed now. MATT SMITH I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BEAUTIFUL EASTER ISLAND HEAD FACE FOREVER AND EVER. So, yeah.

Favorite Doctor: Matt Smith. Is it obvious?

Favorite Companion: Rory. He's a Centurion, he punched Hitler in the face... Gotta love Rory!

Favorite episodes: Blink, Girl in the Fireplace (Always bring a banana to a party!), Vincent and the Doctor, Pandorica Opens/Big Bang (ALL THE FEELS), and Rings of Akhaten or however you spell it. That monologue from 11 at the end was beautiful, and then Clara coming in, wait, was that spoiler-y? Sorry.

Anyways, I'm going to stop my fangirling here... One last thing! I'm going to be the 11th Doctor for Halloween, dye my hair and everything. Woo!

I was obviously skeptical of the rumors this past week or so, but according to BBC America and everywhere else, it's now officially confirmed that some Patrick Troughton eps were found in Nigeria, of all places. Nine of them were supposedly gone forever as part of the Classic eps destroyed by the BBC. Pretty cool.

(And although that BBCA article says "exclusively for iTunes", amazon.com has DVDs of them set to be released in November and February.)

I'm soo happy about that. The Brigadier's first outing (even if he's just a Colonel here) biggrin.gif

And at the same time I'm a bit sad... I as so hoping for "The Highlanders" to reappear through some miracle.

Oh you fickle fangirl nature sad.gif

I hadn't heard they found episodes. I'm super excited. I'm watching the entire classic series in honor of the fiftieth. I'm on the fifth doctor, but I'll definitely have to watch those asap.

Does one have to watch the episodes with the first Doctor in order to understand the rest of the series? Or can I just start watching from the 11th Doctor and onwards?

I'd recommend starting at 2005 with Eccleston and then working your way forward if you don't want to go all the way back to the old series. The new series kind of builds up on itself in places so it helps to go sequentially through it.

Currently enjoying watching the Doctor Revisited - The 10th Doctor.

Anyone else afraid of the weeping angels, they make me so scared.

i have watched only christerpher, david and matt as the doctor.

*woohoo* I got my tickets for the cinema screening of The Day of the Doctor biggrin.gif

(my cable does not have BBC in the basic pack)

Is it November 23rd already? tongue.gif