Completely Different

Doctor Who

I started watching the show last August thanks to Tumblr and basically it's the only TV show that's ever held my interest for so long. Or, like, at all.

I'm kind of wishy-washy when it comes to favorites and preferences. I loved all 3 New Who Doctors (sorry, don't have access to the classics) pretty much equally. Don't even ask me about companions, because I can definitely find something I love in all of them. Admittedly, Moffat's companions took longer to win me over, but I found Amy and Rory to be really amazing in the end.

I am in love with River Song though, and I ship her with Eleven over anyone. I'm not blind, I do recognize the flaws in her character and Moffat's writing (And RTD's writing, for that matter). But I really can't help myself. That scene at the end of TNTD made me turn into a big mushy blob of screechy fangirl (the worst kind).

The only character I can't say much about is Clara. I don't hate her, just throughout the entire season I felt like she was too 'perfect', and the ending of TNTD is along the lines of what I imagined she was. She doesn't have much substance other than being the Doctor's savior and all that, which is one of the flaws in Moffat's era. I'm sure she'll get to me in the end though, just like all of the other characters on this darn show.

I found this disturbing but hilarious biggrin.gif

Oh my gosh. laugh.gif I will never be able to get that image out of my mind now!

Argh, can't wait until Sunday. I'm both excited and nervous. I don't think I'll be able to tune in for the announcement, so I'll have to check online for the news afterwards...

Hmmm...bookies are thinking Peter Capaldi. I haven't really liked/rated him before.

Could get interesting...

Edited by quinney

Favorite episode: The Name of the Doctor, Vincent and the Doctor, Blink, Rose

Favorite companion: Jack, Donna, River, and Clara

Favorite Doctor: Eleven

Less than 24 hours.

I'm hunkering down for the censorkip.gif storm that will more than likely come up when the special starts, but I'm excited despite that.

I think a rewatch is called for, everything from Library to now. Damn I wish I had Netflix

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/02/peter...op-taking-bets/

And... on Peter Capaldi’s IMDB page, he is listed as playing a W.H.O. doctor in the movie World War Z. Of course, the W.H.O. is short for World Health Organization, but it still makes for an interesting coincidence given all the speculation. tongue.gif

He was in Torchwood. (Dr. Who fans will have watched this spin-off series) Where he killed his family and then himself, thinking that Captain Jack couldn't save the day.

Just makes things more intriguing if he gets the job. Can't say I'm completely happy about it, but it'll make a change to have an older doctor.

Currently watching "Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor". Looking forward to see who it will be.

Currently watching "Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor". Looking forward to see who it will be.

Snap!

I'm happy with the choice. I liked him in Torchwood.

So it is Peter Capaldi. Good luck to him.

Yes. smile.gif I think I might actually like this "new" Doctor.

pETER CAPALDI

SCREAMING

i honestly don't know him

but by the looks of it

i think he's worth giving a chance

i think i already like him more than matt smith

I'm usually upset and not liking regenerations but this time I'm really looking forward to a new "Who".

I like that he's older, for one thing. Matt Smith was just too young looking, his character too whimsical and immature to convince me that he was really the wise, 900+ year old Time Lord he's supposed to be.

Capaldi seems much more mature, in general, and I'm really really excited to see how he turns out in the show.

I hope Moffat will do this new Doctor some justice.

Also I think Capaldi is very handsome ahem but maybe it's just me

But I'm so excited ohmygosh

I couldn't watch the special so I was on my phone violently refreshing tumblr until I found out who it was. And where I live, 90% of people haven't even heard of DW. Nobody in my family watches it. So I was very alone in my excitement.

I like that he's older, too - and he came across okay on the show, so here's looking forward to seeing him in action.

I had a feeling it would be him, based on something I read a few days ago. I like that he's older; I'm definitely excited! I became a DW fan after Matt had taken the role (end of his first series), so this is the first regeneration that I'm experiencing without knowing what comes next. tongue.gif

I don't particularly like that he's older, but that's just because I liked the whole pattern with each regeneration looking younger. Overall I'm cool and I look forward to what happens. I'm probably gonna bawl when 11 goes though.

I couldn't really imagine him as the Doctor when I first heard that he was one of the people that everybody was talking about, but after watching today's programme, I think he's a great choice.