Completely Different

Doctor Who

Ditto, but I doubt that they would tell.

Small print to save the spoiler-phobes:

Think about it - after so many years of DW and the mystery surrounding the Doctor, there is no name that they could come up with that would be satisfactory. There is nothing epic enough to match the hype. I think (hope) that Moffat realizes that, since he's a fanboy himself. I think he'll do his usual troll thing and we won't find out his name.

Think about it - after so many years of DW and the mystery surrounding the Doctor, there is no name that they could come up with that would be satisfactory. There is nothing epic enough to match the hype. I think (hope) that Moffat realizes that, since he's a fanboy himself. I think he'll do his usual troll thing and we won't find out his name.

Exactly. In my opinion it will be the main focus of the episode, but it won't actually be revealed.

According to this quote from the season 6 finale (the Wedding of River Song):

On the Fields of Trenzalore, at the fall of the Eleventh, when no creature can speak falsely or fail to answer, a question will be asked — a question that must never be answered: "Doctor Who?"

The answer to that should be the Doctor's name, shouldn't it?

At least it looks like we'll get some answers regarding all that.

I have my own thoughts on this. I'll save them until I see what happens.

The same artist is selling prints of this one; link on deviantart. You can even get this one as a throw pillow!

What did you guys think of the last episode? I thought it was going to be scarier than it actually turned out to be: I was hoping it was an actual ghost! Plus, at the end, I was not sure how I felt about the creature which had been terrifying them from another dimension suddenly becoming just a monster pining for his lost love. A bit corny/tame/predictable? I would have preferred it if it had stayed a horrible monster, but we have to see the Doctor as communicating and understanding alien species and solving problems.

Boop [x]

xd.png I love Gordon Ramsay. The guy is great for meme material xd.png

What did you guys think of the last episode? I thought it was going to be scarier than it actually turned out to be: I was hoping it was an actual ghost! Plus, at the end, I was not sure how I felt about the creature which had been terrifying them from another dimension suddenly becoming just a monster pining for his lost love. A bit corny/tame/predictable? I would have preferred it if it had stayed a horrible monster, but we have to see the Doctor as communicating and understanding alien species and solving problems.

I'll respond in small print as well, in case someone hasn't seen it. smile.gif

I actually enjoyed it. I've been disappointed by every episode of Series 7 so far, but Hide pleasantly surprised me. I do wish that it was a little scarier, but I like the resolution. Everything turns out to be an alien in DW, which is rather predictable. I think that the 'ghost' being a trapped time traveler was unexpected. And, I don't think that the monster-romance was predictable. Maybe a little cheesy, but I think it's good to see something other than a murderous monster. My biggest problem with the episode is that the Doctor said time ran differently in the bubble; one second there was thousands of years for our world. But when he went into it, time ran at the same speed. Maybe there was an explanation and I missed it. *shrugs*

Wow, that ended up being a lot longer than I expected. My apologies. ohmy.gif

Well, with the way the tardis kept spinning in and out like a toy, I asked hubs if we were watching a comedy. He shook his head sadly.

It was okay. It had the mystery aspect as well as the obligatory 'baddie' alien who just wanted help.

I'm waiting to find out about his assistant. He obviously doesn't think she's just a normal human so it'll be interesting to see where they take that.

Well, with the way the tardis kept spinning in and out like a toy, I asked hubs if we were watching a comedy.  He shook his head sadly.

It certainly would have been much better if it flew straight, like it did on the highway in The Runaway Bride. laugh.gif

Edited to add: Also, it's practically impossible to jump and hold onto a box that size, flying by and spinning with that velocity. When Jack hitched a ride, it was standing still beforehand. Much more plausible.

Edited by Dimar

What are other folks thinking about Clara? I kinda like her character though the implied impending romance between her and the Doctor isn't quite working with me. Also, all the mystery that we're getting absolutely no information on... Kinda frustrating. At least with River, we kept getting pieces to the puzzle every time we saw her. I can't seem to put together anything about Clara yet.

Edited by Stromboli

No idea about Clara. She seems to be something important to him, apart from being his assistant. Like his name, I'm waiting to see. Not sure I like finding out things about him that the original creator didn't pen.

I uh, I have lots of tally marks on my arm. I'm not sure why. I think I put them there but I have no idea why. See?

user posted image

Oh no! Kiff! ohmy.gif

I've considered coming to school with tallies on my arms like that, to surprise my Whovian friends, but I've never gotten around to it.

Oh no! Kiff! ohmy.gif

I've considered coming to school with tallies on my arms like that, to surprise my Whovian friends, but I've never gotten around to it.

Today is april 23rd. There's a silence day thing going on since this was the day the impossible astronaut was released or something or other. Basically people are doing this everywhere. JOIN US!

I love the series 7b!

Its interesting! I love Clara! Her character is good! I never liked Amy and Rory, but Rose is my favourite companion with my favourite doctor tenth! David Tennant and Billie Piper work well together!

Well I found tonights episode disappointing. So much potential it failed to live up to. Sad.

It's sad that we both always used to sit glued to the screen, and tonight hubby was in and out of the room, having volunteered to wash up blink.gif

I think he'd have a different channel on if I could let go!

I just don't know anymore.

I heard it through the grapevine that Moffat's not planning on staying the head writer of the series for very long.

I can hardly contain my joy!

I didn't like the Ice warrior one tongue.gif

not very good. I like the one with the grandfather planet and the first one but yeah...

I heard it through the grapevine that Moffat's not planning on staying the head writer of the series for very long.

I can hardly contain my joy!

I do hope that turns out to be true. Because there was a time back when Colin Baker was The Doctor that I stopped watching the show because he was just too awful and I feel it's getting close to that again.

I mean the answer to the question that must never be answered, the one that no one must ever know, is written down in a book? Seriously?

Arrrg I can feel myself getting het up just thinking about it again. Where's that censor kipz emote?

Edited by Wiz

I didn't like the Ice warrior one tongue.gif

I didn't mind it, but Clara was very kinda damsel-in-distressy throughout the whole thing. xP

This episode ran hot and cold for me.

I did not like that the burned zombies were chasing the real Clara and crew; why would they do that? and if this was supposed to be the episode that shows the inside of the TARDIS, they mostly showed running through hallways, which was dissappointing. And as has been said, if it is so important that The Doctor's name not be known, then why have it written down in a book inside the TARDIS?

I also thought we were going to get some closure on Clara regarding who she really is, but it seems the writers intend to draw that out for this entire season.

Here is my theory on Clara. I am probably not the only one thinking it after the last couple of eps. I think maybe she is the TARDIS. Especially after that ep when she was turned into a Dalek ... it wouldn't surprise me.