Completely Different

Doctor Who

Weeelll...

I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred, so - tick!

I love Gothic, so - tick!

Diana Rigg who played Mrs. Gillyflower was born just two towns away from me, so - tick!

All that aside - what the heck was it all about?!

What was I saying about watching for the Mark Gatiss episodes...

David Tennant used to be my favorite; Tom Baker is now my favorite Doctor now. With that said:

I WANT HIS STUPID SCARF!!!!

I found the history of Tom Baker's original scarf, which was briefly recounted on the program, fascinating.

More about it here:

http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/history.html

The original was 20 feet long, shortened slightly, and used in " Robot" and "The Sontaran Experiment."

"This particular scarf continued to both stretch and lose stripes due to wear and stunts. A stunt duplicate was also created that was shorter and had subtle color and pattern differences."

More scarf trivia at the above link.

Hmm, finally found somewhere I can watch the rest if the newest season. Just watched The Snowmen episode and it was awesome. I knew I was gonna love Clara! Though, I think I would have liked anyone after Amy and River. She might actually end up my favorite companion(I never thought anyone would out-companion Rose!)

I still can't make myself like Matt Smith, even though he does make a great Doctor. It was my favorite Matt Smith episode yet. Normally my favorite episode would have been the Weeping Angel episode, but that one was way too Amy-centered for me dry.gif Hope I'm not disappointed with the rest(seeing as everyone else seems to be blink.gif ).

EDIT: I so want the Season 18 scarf ... #_#

EDIT II & III: One day I'll get the name of the episode right. >_<

Edited by Raikielia

Weeelll...

I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred, so - tick!

*waves from Cumbria*

It was better than last weeks. Of course that's not saying much, still I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and watch it again when I'm not ill.

*waves from Cumbria*

It was better than last weeks. Of course that's not saying much, still I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and watch it again when I'm not ill.

It probably says something in my slightly waning interest in Doctor Who that I have not yet watched this week's episode.

I will get around to it eventually. laugh.gif

What I mean to make time for is watching the Christmas special. I think I missed it. Oddly, I cannot remember for sure. I will find out when I start watching it. I know it involves an intro to an alternative version of Clara, and you would think I would remember whether I had seen that ... but, no. laugh.gif

Commercial break so I came on to say that I'm really enjoying Doctor Who today smile.gif I love this episode - "Nightmare in Silver"

edited: I enjoyed it so much that I'll be watching it again when it comes on in a couple of hours. I haven't done that in a long time

Edited by rubyshoes

Commercial break so I came on to say that I'm really enjoying Doctor Who today smile.gif I love this episode - "Nightmare in Silver"

edited: I enjoyed it so much that I'll be watching it again when it comes on in a couple of hours. I haven't done that in a long time

That's encouraging to hear. I haven't seen it yet; I got home late so I have to wait until it replays after The Nerdist.

(BTW, ruby, I had a dream in which you were frustrated because you thought Captain Jack was from the Tom Baker era. blink.gif )

I am loving the new cybermen design! Doctor who always does a great job redesigning things, but still keeping the original feel.

That's encouraging to hear. I haven't seen it yet; I got home late so I have to wait until it replays after The Nerdist.

(BTW, ruby, I had a dream in which you were frustrated because you thought Captain Jack was from the Tom Baker era.  blink.gif )

lol I do like Captain Jack and since Tom is my favorite it would be nice if they had been on together.

I really am looking forward to watching the epsidoe again in less than an hour as well.

edit: - spoiler - It was rather scary when the cybermen could move so fast.

Edited by rubyshoes

I love this episode and last week's episode.

Journey to the Center of the Tardis was just disappointing.

It was a decent one. (Can't help thinking that Matt overacted a bit, though wink.gif )

Did anyone press the red button and see the prequel to next week's finale? We were out so recorded and missed it. sad.gif

I'm annoyed about that. "If anyone wants to see how they end up at next week's season finale, press the red button now". What about those ardent followers who aren't in a position to do so? They miss out, thanks a lot!

If it's still available to watch, can anyone guide me to it? Hubs just said we'd missed it.

You can find the prequel (I hope that's the prequel you're talking about) in the BBC page. Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p018wbj2

Loved this episode. I like the 11th Doctor much more this season than the last two. Maybe it's because I never liked Amy too much.

Edited by Raistlin24

You can find the prequel (I hope that's the prequel you're talking about) in the BBC page. Edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p018wbj2

Loved this episode. I like the 11th Doctor much more this season than the last two. Maybe it's because I never liked Amy too much.

Thank you!

I thought it was going to be much more than that. So they've both decided they know everything about each other and according to the trailer for next week, River is involved.

Hmm...Clara has a lot of River's characteristics...

Wiz, hi - forgot to wave to you! smile.gif

I did enjoy the episode last night. smile.gif I wasn't impressed with the first half of Series 7 or the first Clara ones, but... It seems that ever since Hide, I've been enjoying the episodes a lot more (yes, even Journey). I hope the finale stays with the trend; I'm usually not fond of finales so it would be nice to have a good one.

I liked it. The evolved Cybermats and the talk of past weaknesses was cool (I don't think that was too much of a spoiler?) I like the nods to the past we seem to be getting more and more. Some of it was incredibly silly but I think that's just the way this regeneration is being played.

Edited by Wiz

Some of it was incredibly silly but I think that's just the way this regeneration is being played.

Couldn't have put it better myself!

BBCAmerica is showing two episodes (at ten and eleven AM EST/EDT) from the Christophe Ecclestian era today, tomorrow and the next day. I do enjoy these episodes with him.

I still have not watched the last two episodes. My interest is not as high it was when I first started watching the beginning of Series 7. The episodes seem fairly predictable to me. Hopefully I will regain enthusiasm for the 7th series.

SPOILER ALERT! (on the 50th anniversary episode)

http://www.tv3.ie/entertainment_article.php?locID=1.803.813&article=103035

John Hurt to play Ninth Doctor

John Hurt will play the Ninth Doctor in the 'Doctor Who' 50th anniversary episode.

The 73-year-old actor's alter-ego will be a regeneration of the Time Lord, which the character has forgotten about, in the special after Christopher Eccleston - who played the ninth incarnation of the Doctor in 2005 - refused to return for the episode after holding talks with showrunner Steven Moffat.

I do hope this is another typical trolling by Moffat. *iz not happy* dry.gif

That is an awful idea.

I'm just trying to stay away from all the spoilers that are supposed to be around for Saturday.

That is an awful idea.

I'm just trying to stay away from all the spoilers that are supposed to be around for Saturday.

Agreed. I usually read spoilers, but for this finale I'm trying to avoid them. A lot of rumors are circulating, and with the DVD mishap in America I'm very wary. unsure.gif

Doctor Who marathon today on BBCAmerica, leading up to the finale!

And I have to ctac the rerun on 10 tonight cause I have work today tongue.gif 4-8 Dumb work schedule

I rather enjoyed the finale episode of the season. River Song didn't annoy me as she has in every episode except the library ones so that was a nice plus as well. I plan on rewatching it later tonight.

I agree with you, Ruby. River was much more likeable, in my opinion. Personally, I enjoyed the possibilities and theories that the finale brought up more than I enjoyed the actual content. That being said, it certainly wasn't a bad episode. Moffat was very creative. smile.gifI just prefer when people who die STAY dead.