Completely Different

Doctor Who

If it wasn't for the innuendos I would go for her being Jenny. Does anyone else find it unrealistic how River seems to have been forgotten?

If it wasn't for the innuendos I would go for her being Jenny. Does anyone else find it unrealistic how River seems to have been forgotten?

...until they run out if ideas and decide to bring her back...

Clara as the tardis? I'd be very surprised. What would happen when this actress gets fed up and leaves if that's what she is?

If it wasn't for the innuendos I would go for her being Jenny.

*smacks self on forehead* When I first read that, I thought you meant Jenny from the Paternoster Gang. I was like "that makes no sense." But then I realised that you mean his 'daughter'... there's too many Jennys. laugh.gif

Clara as the tardis? I'd be very surprised.  What would happen when this actress gets fed up and leaves if that's what she is?

Well, that could be explained by a situation similar to Idris in The Doctor's Wife. It's a very interesting theory, but still with holes. (Although everything seems to have plot-holes these days.)

I'm still enjoying the Doctor Who revisited shows (more than the new episodes) Last night was my favorite Doctor Tom Baker.

I'm still enjoying the Doctor Who revisited shows (more than the new episodes) Last night was my favorite Doctor Tom Baker.

I love Tom! xd.png I really need to go watch more classic eps; I've only seen a handful of his serials. I really enjoy them, particularly the sense of humor and general feel of the Classic Series.

Edited because I said "Baker's serials" but there were two Bakers, and I've only seen Tom's. wink.gif

Edited by Dimar

The episode was the Pyramids of Mars and even had my favorite over all companion, Sarah Jane Smith.

The episode was the Pyramids of Mars and even had my favorite over all companion, Sarah Jane Smith.

I love that episode! (And Sarah Jane!)

I actually left a friend's house on Saturday about 15 minutes into the new Who. It's driving me a tad nuts that I still haven't warmed up to Matt Smith after all this time.

Edited by Lagie

Sometimes it's really hard to be a mod and a fan of doctor who. See I actually have to read through the posts.

I'm kind of not wanting to watch the newest episode. I've heard from everyone that it's not that great. Meh.

I love that episode! (And Sarah Jane!)

I actually left a friend's house on Saturday about 15 minutes into the new Who. It's driving me a tad nuts that I still haven't warmed up to Matt Smith after all this time.

I've enjoyed a few of the new episodes with Clara as the companion - I like her much better than amy and river at least.

edit: Kiff - I fell asleep watching the newest episode smile.gif

Edited by rubyshoes

I've enjoyed a few of the new episodes with Clara as the companion - I like her much better than amy and river at least.

edit: Kiff - I fell asleep watching the newest episode smile.gif

Delightful. I might just save it for wednesday and doctor who night. Wouldn't want to watch it twice.

I recorded the special that was on Sunday night, "The Fourth Doctor."

Then I saw that it is three hours long. ninja.gif

I will probably fall asleep about a half hour in. laugh.gif

Don't see me finishing it. xd.png

I love Doctor Who - Chris was my first, but David is by far my favorite. <3 Despite how long Matt has been around I just...just something about him bothers me. He's a good Doctor, I just don't like him.

Favorite companion is probably Martha or Donna. <3 It's a bit of a tie between them.

I'm only seen a bit of season 7 - I saw the 5 episodes with Amy and Rory (as well as their farewell episode), though I haven't seen the Snowmen Christmas Special or any of the new episodes with the new Companion. Not really sure if I can find a good place online to try and watch them either.

Taintedtamer, I usually watch episodes through here or here.

And yay for Martha and Donna! I always felt Martha was a bit underestimated by the fans...she was great in most episodes.

The special on the Fourth Doctor turned out to be worth watching, because they showed all three parts of "Pyramids of Mars."

I am really disappointed with the latest episodes of Doctor Who. Maybe because I am old and can identify bits from other movies. Like that grand speech that Matt Smith delivers in The Rings of Akhaten, sounded (to me) like the final speech of Roy Batty (the replicant in Blade Runner)

And Hide, for crying out loud! A cheap mix of Ghostbusters and Poltergeist. Moffat, did you run out of ideas? What happened to the guy who penned Silence in the Library?

And I can't make myself to like Matt Smith either. It is too--- bombastic.

The special on the Fourth Doctor turned out to be worth watching, because they showed all three parts of "Pyramids of Mars."

I hope they showed all four parts, or you will have missed a chunk!

I only managed to watch two before my DVD jammed. dry.gif

I hope they showed all four parts, or you will have missed a chunk!

I only  managed to watch two before my DVD jammed.  dry.gif

Ahh, okay. I am sure they showed all four parts. They did not list them individually, but ran them together like one big episode.

I am really disappointed with the latest episodes of Doctor Who.

And I can't make myself to like Matt Smith either. It is too--- bombastic.

I think all us older fans are disappointed. I remember being disgusted when Chris Ecclestone left after a year. You don't get handed the most prestigious role of being The Doctor and leave practically straight away - sacrilege!

Then I realized that today's actors don't see it as the privilege it is to be him - it's just a good part to have played on their CV.

Apologies to all fans of doctors since him, this is just mho.

Hahaha, seeing who wrote it when it's coming on is half the fun now. I always take more notice when it's Mark Gattis. He's an actor who's been involved with Doctor Who for some time - I wonder if he'll ever be the one in the Tardis? Stranger things have definitely happened!

Then I realized that today's actors don't see it as the privilege it is to be him - it's just a good part to have played on their CV.

I'm pretty sure David Tennant could appreciate it, he has said he was quite the Doctor Who fanboy himself. :3

I'm pretty sure David Tennant could appreciate it, he has said he was quite the Doctor Who fanboy himself. :3

Didn't he say somewhere that he wrote an essay in school about how he wanted to play the Doctor someday? I seem to remember that, since it was quite sweet how everything worked out. smile.gif

Hahaha, seeing who wrote it when it's coming on is half the fun now.  I always take more notice when it's Mark Gattis.  He's an actor who's been involved with Doctor Who for some time - I wonder if he'll ever be the one in the Tardis?  Stranger things have definitely happened!

I've started paying more attention to writers than I used to, as well. Gatiss would be interesting... I can certainly see him in the role, but it would throw me off that he played Prof. Lazarus in The Lazarus Experiment. I still haven't gotten over how Freema Agyeman was both that girl in the Dalek/Cybermen ep and Martha. ohmy.gif

Edited because I had an American moment.

Edited by Dimar

David Tennant used to be my favorite; Tom Baker is now my favorite Doctor now. With that said:

I WANT HIS STUPID SCARF!!!!

I can certainly see him in the role, but it would throw me off that he played Prof. Lazarus in The Lazarus Experiment.

Yes, that could be a problem!

David Tennant is definitely my favorite doctor! So far Clara is my favorite companion, but I also like Donna.

Edited by kiyye

Weeelll...

I'm a Yorkshire lass born and bred, so - tick!

I love Gothic, so - tick!

Diana Rigg who played Mrs. Gillyflower was born just two towns away from me, so - tick!

All that aside - what the heck was it all about?!

What was I saying about watching for the Mark Gatiss episodes...