Completely Different

Doctor Who

Example:

user posted image

I would have expected a Victorian Clara to flip out over that introduction.

But by that point Clara had already seen the Snowmen, met the Doctor(did the whole staircase in the clouds thing) and met Strax(and the memory worm thing). Vastra was hardly the strangest thing she'd seen. She ad already met Vastra before that, when she was looking for the Doctor.

Edited by Raikielia

But by that point Clara had already seen the Snowmen, met the Doctor(did the whole staircase in the clouds thing) and met Strax(and the memory worm thing). Vastra was hardly the strangest thing she'd seen. She ad already met Vastra before that, when she was looking for the Doctor.

Fair enough. I was tired when I watched it, and I do not remember what she had previously seen; i.e., the order of events; it was 90 minutes. xd.png

Still, the family that Clara the Governess worked for seemed to accept the aliens awfully well ... Or did I miss something there, too? wink.gif

Still, the family that Clara the Governess worked for seemed to accept the aliens awfully well ... Or did I miss something there, too? wink.gif

Well, the kids were already freaked by the dead ice governess(which probably wasn't too much of a surprise since the girl had already been dreaming about it) so I doubt that Vastra and Strax had much of an impact. At the scene on the stairs(where the ice governess was trapped at the top) you could see the father was freaked, but he sucked it up to protect his kids(I liked that the only thing he got out of the Doctor's little speech was that Clara had a gentleman friend xd.png). The maid was the only one who had a big reaction to Vastra and Strax.

Well, the kids were already freaked by the dead ice governess(which probably wasn't too much of a surprise since the girl had already been dreaming about it) so I doubt that Vastra and Strax had much of an impact. At the scene on the stairs(where the ice governess was trapped at the top) you could see the father was freaked, but he sucked it up to protect his kids(I liked that the only thing he got out of the Doctor's little speech was that Clara had a gentleman friend xd.png). The maid was the only one who had a big reaction to Vastra and Strax.

Hahahahaaaa, I was sooooo asleep when I watched this! xd.png

I remember now that that was the father's main reaction: about the "gentleman friend" xd.png ... I had totally forgotten that until you mentioned it. And yes, I am not thinking too clearly, of course the ice governess on the stairs would have freaked them out xd.png

I've been watching Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited, and really enjoying it. BBCA is playing a fifth Doctor ep right now, but unfortunately I can't devote my whole attention to it thanks to homework. dry.gif

I really enjoyed watching the Doctor Who Revisited tonight. They showed Earthshock with the 5th Doctor.

So, Matt Smith is leaving.

I don't think I'll miss him. I never even watched all of his episodes. I stopped watching for a while after David Tennant left because, honestly, he was my favorite. Matt Smith couldn't compare. I only watched the first part of Matt Smith's first season, and then stopped watching again & went back to re-watching the episodes with Chris Eccleston and David Tennant. I like Matt Smith, but I was never too attached to him.

I'm just curious as to who the 12th regeneration will be.

user posted image

I don't want Matt to go. But I can't help but be a little excited for a new Doctor.

I don't know what to feel.

I suspect it'll be John Hurt.

Yes, I've heard rumors about it. And apparently there was a big reveal about it on the last episode, or something - I didn't watch it, so I wouldn't know for sure. But it would be interesting, since he'd be much older than the past 3 doctors. "Newer" fans, like myself, have mostly just seen the 9th, 10th, and 11th regenerations, so John Hurt would be an interesting change.

Edited by glamoursea2

Thank heavens Smith will be gone. I never liked him.

And I doubt it will be John Hurt... because he is supposed to be Nine.

And I wish it could be Tennant again *dreamy eyes* wub.gif

Thank heavens Smith will be gone. I never liked him.

And I doubt it will be John Hurt... because he is supposed to be Nine.

And I wish it could be Tennant again *dreamy eyes* wub.gif

Oh, I wish! Words cannot express how much I miss Tennant as the Doctor. Hopefully this next regeneration will live up to Tennant better than Smith did...

Aww, I really warmed up to Smith. Particularly the last season here, I really enjoyed.

I'm also unsure about Hurt being the next Doctor, since Eleven recognized him in TNOTD. I mean, it's possible, but I'm not sure.

I wouldn't be opposed to an older Doctor, though. It'd be an interesting change, to say the least.

Though I'm still wondering if the folks in charge are planning on keeping to the twelve regeneration thing that comes from Classic Who? I'm not sure about the details on that, still haven't gotten around to watching the Classics, but... it makes me worried for another regeneration.

ETA: Now Moffat's just being mean.

user posted image

Edited by Stromboli

Holy censorkip.gif, I was actually rewatching a Tennant ep and my mom said "Megan, Matt Smith is leaving." I dashed to the Internet. blink.gif

It's good; DW needed a change and Smith has put in a long run (for NuWho). I'm excited to see what direction the show goes next... but I need a while to calm down from the news before I come up with ideas.

I had other things to say but then they all ran out of my head...

I've just heard the news! It's my birthday today and honestly this mmd. I feel mean but I could never like Matt Smith's Doctor. He's not as bad as Colin Baker was but he is not a favourite.

Really excited for the next one. I liked Matt, but not half as much as Eccleston or Tennant. I hope I love the next one as much as those two. happy.gif

Hahaha, hubby just got up and I told him the news and he's really hoping for John Hurt as well. We both think he'd make a brilliant doctor. He's convinced John'd play the part similar to how William Hartnell did.

We live in hope...

I'd like to see it be John Hurt, I really would.

Same here. I'd much rather he played the next regeneration of the Doctor and we got to see him act for at least a season than have him be a past version, since everything about him would be crammed in one episode. :/

Oh well...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I don't like the retroactive insertion of Hurt into what is very likely the Time War for one episode that is supposed to be for fans and a celebration of DW history and I do think that I would take it far better if Eight (McGann) was involved in the episode. That being said, I would much prefer Hurt to be 12.5 and/or Valeyard as my first preference and 12 as my second preference.

Though I'm still wondering if the folks in charge are planning on keeping to the twelve regeneration thing that comes from Classic Who? I'm not sure about the details on that, still haven't gotten around to watching the Classics, but... it makes me worried for another regeneration.

I suspect they'll hand-wave it as a restriction that was enforced by Gallifrey's council - and since Gallifrey no longer exists... the restriction on regenerations no longer exists.

Well I know the powers that be keep these things a closed shop, but if yahoo speculation is anything to go by we can rule out John Hurt - he didn't even get a mention on the next timelord listing.

I can live with Rory Kinear thought, I suppose...

I don't like the retroactive insertion of Hurt into what is very likely the Time War for one episode that is supposed to be for fans and a celebration of DW history and I do think that I would take it far better if Eight (McGann) was involved in the episode. That being said, I would much prefer Hurt to be 12.5 and/or Valeyard as my first preference and 12 as my second preference.

This was pretty much what I was trying to say and probably failed x3...now that you mention it Hurt would be great as the 12.5 Doctor. I wish they'd do this instead, but considering 11 recognised John Hurt's version of the Doctor I'm not getting my hopes up.

This was pretty much what I was trying to say and probably failed x3...now that you mention it Hurt would be great as the 12.5 Doctor. I wish they'd do this instead, but considering 11 recognised John Hurt's version of the Doctor I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wouldn't everyone recognise their Dark Side though? At least enough to try and keep it contained.