Completely Different

Doctor Who

Doctor Who, one of my favourite tv shows. My favourite Doctor so far is Ten. I hope that someday I could watch all Doctor Who episodes. Last summer in Finland I saw series 2 and 3 (new DW).

Blink was quite scary episode... O.o

My first episode I saw was that werewolf episode. It was love at the first sight. Now I am 100% whovian. ^.^

Favorite. Show. Ever.

Personally I like all three of the recent doctors. They all played their parts well. I can't wait to see the Christmas Special on Xbox Video tonight lol

Very nice use of Doctor Who elements.

I'm looking forward to watching the Christmas special tonight.

Thank ye. Best I could do with what I had. I am slightly unsure of the sky/ground part though. xP

Me and my sister are watching all the season episodes while we wait. I'm excited!! biggrin.gif

...I want to make a real gingerbread house like that... Nice touch with the Dalek on the roof.

That'd be awesome! biggrin.gif

Thanks. xP I wish it could'a looked a little more realistic. It was fun making.

Love the name by the way!

Edited by evangeline5432

I think this episode made me fall in love with Doctor Who again. I really wasn't liking the series after the 10th doctor's departure. Although I like the eleventh doctor, I didn't like Amy or River at all (I didn't mind Rory). Not to mention, some of the elements that Moffat likes to use for storytelling really irk me. But, this episode. This episode not only made me feel like I was back in the Doctor Who era that I enjoyed the most, but gave me Clara who I find is the best companion for the Eleventh doctor. I always thought Donna complemented Ten the best and I think Clara will complement Eleven the best. I just really fell in love with the chemistry between the two.

I can't really explain how overwhelmingly happy I am about this episode. I know a lot of people didn't like it and a lot of people say it's overrated, etc, but if this is how future Doctor Who episodes are going to be, i'll be happy to start watching faithfully again. I just really fell in love with this episode and the characters.

I think this episode made me fall in love with Doctor Who again. I really wasn't liking the series after the 10th doctor's departure. Although I like the eleventh doctor, I didn't like Amy or River at all (I didn't mind Rory). Not to mention, some of the elements that Moffat likes to use for storytelling really irk me. But, this episode. This episode not only made me feel like I was back in the Doctor Who era that I enjoyed the most, but gave me Clara who I find is the best companion for the Eleventh doctor. I always thought Donna complemented Ten the best and I think Clara will complement Eleven the best. I just really fell in love with the chemistry between the two.

I can't really explain how overwhelmingly happy I am about this episode. I know a lot of people didn't like it and a lot of people say it's overrated, etc, but if this is how future Doctor Who episodes are going to be, i'll be happy to start watching faithfully again. I just really fell in love with this episode and the characters.

That pretty much summed up my feelings as well. I really haven't been watching the episodes with Amy/River in them as I normally would with Doctor Who. I'd normally watch and rewatch every Doctor Who that was on but I've not done that at all with the 11th Doctor. I'm hoping that with a new companion that my love for the show will return (as long as Moffat doesn't turn it into the "Clara Show" as he did with, in my opinion, the previous companions and turned it into the "Amy Show". )

(as long as Moffat doesn't turn it into the "Clara Show" as he did with, in my opinion, the previous companions and turned it into the "Amy Show". )

I agree. The entire show did revolve around Amy way too much. It was annoying. I also thought River played WAY too big of a part in the show. They kept playing it up like she was more important to the plot the The Doctor himself. It annoyed me as much, if not more. I really hope she doesn't show up again. Can we be past the Amy/Doctor era, please?

I agree. The entire show did revolve around Amy way too much. It was annoying. I also thought River played WAY too big of a part in the show. They kept playing it up like she was more important to the plot the The Doctor himself. It annoyed me as much, if not more. I really hope she doesn't show up again. Can we be past the Amy/Doctor era, please?

Yeah. I'd like it if River didn't show up again too. I only liked her in the Library episodes.

Yeah. I'd like it if River didn't show up again too. I only liked her in the Library episodes.

Agreed.

Clara has more chemistry and more energy with The Doctor than any of the other companions that The Eleventh Doctor has had. To me, that's most important. It's hard to be involved in stories when you really don't care what happens to the characters. River, I thought, never had ANY chemistry with The Doctor and a lot of the stories revolved around her. I really didn't care for her at all. With Clara, I actually cared and I actually want to see more of her story. I just hope they don't blow this whole "she's impossible" thing out of proportion.

Edited by MysticTiger

Agreed.

Clara has more chemistry and more energy with The Doctor than any of the other companions that The Eleventh Doctor has had. To me, that's most important. It's hard to be involved in stories when you really don't care what happens to the characters. River, I thought, never had ANY chemistry with The Doctor and a lot of the stories revolved around her. I really didn't care for her at all. With Clara, I actually cared and I actually want to see more of her story. I just hope they don't blow this whole "she's impossible" thing out of proportion.

Agree smile.gif

I also didn't see much chemistry between the 11th Doctor and River and to me "their marriage" seemed forced as River basically black mailed him into the wedding.

I hope they don't blow the whole Clara thing out of proportion either. I'm concerned they might after seeing the preview for future episodes that they showed at the end of the Christmas special.

Yes DarkEternity, Moffat never understood how to play with temporal paradoxes and alike or how to enact fictional future / past scenarios in an authentic way. Making him the head writer wasn't the best choice.

And although i liked the new Clara, i fear that Moffat will do the same mistakes as within the last season.

After all, this years christmas episode was partly enjoyable, at least up to that point when Moffat choose to introduce telepathic fields in this stupid, stupid "love/sadness is stronger than everything else" manner he likes so much. It felt like a really, really cheap trick to end a story which would have allowed for a much less "magic" solution.

I really enjoyed this episode - and I do look forward to the mystery of Clara. The new intro was very reminiscent of old-school Who as is the new control room, and part of me wonders if the Question actually revolves around Clara...

I'm not too familiar with Old Who (I know quite a bit about The Doctor's history and companions- just not old nemesis) so does anyone else know much about The Great Intelligence? Apparently it's an old school villain that will be returning.

I just got out my "Ultimate Monster Guide" (This One) but The Great Intelligence isn't listed. :|

I'm not too familiar with Old Who (I know quite a bit about The Doctor's history and companions- just not old nemesis) so does anyone else know much about The Great Intelligence? Apparently it's an old school villain that will be returning.

I just got out my "Ultimate Monster Guide" (This One) but The Great Intelligence isn't listed. :|

http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Great_Intelligence I found this that might help.

...I liked Amy and River. :< I hope River isn't done, they didn't really address it more than one line in ATM ("It's Professor now" implying it's getting closer to the time for her to hit the Library). There was a not-episode video short with River and two Doctors or something though?

I really liked Clara and look forward to where the show goes with her. I need to watch the Christmas special again because I kept getting interrupted.

I hope River isn't done yet either; but out of all the companions, I find Clara the daredevil

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I missed The Snowmen due to being out of town, and I keep procrastinating. So I haven't got around to watching it yet. laugh.gif I hope it's good, I've been somewhat disappointed so far with Season 7.

New eps return March 30th! xd.png

Edited by Dimar

Finally got around to watching The Snowmen. Overall, I enjoyed it. I went into it with skepticism, since I'm not a fan of Moffat and I haven't really been impressed by Season 7 so far. But I was pleased with it, for the most part. So, my opinions...

The Good: Sir Ian McKellen! wub.gif I was also happy to see the Paternoster Gang- I know there's a lot of people out there who don't like them, but I do. More Vastra=fine by me (step aside, Jenny). I like Clara/Oswin so far... as long as she never kisses the Doctor again. I've never been a fan of any of the Doctor's female companions (besides Romana), partially because I'm tired of them falling in love with him. Please, no more hitting on the Doctor.

The Bad: I wasn't a fan of the title sequence. I didn't like the "different title every week", nor did I like this new one. The 11th's face appearing was nice though- a good nod to the Classic Era. I have mixed feelings on the new TARDIS interior. I guess I'll have to get used to it. Also, some parts of the episode felt a bit silly to me. Or maybe I just didn't like how Moffat handled parts of the plot. *shrug*

I'm not going to get into a character analysis of the Doctor here. I'll go on forever. xd.png

I'm really curious, though, to see what timey-wimey revelation will explain Clara/Oswin's many appearances in different times and deaths.